MonsterCrafter (Sequel to Guncrafter - Pokemon meets Minecraft meets Virtual Pets)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I don't understand

2. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Excellent! I'm adding it into the game right now. I like the pyramids on top of the legs

Pooh made a poo...

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh, no. They are same Pooh :)

4. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Great! Now I can combine my favourite Pokemon together as if it were my very own Frankenstein's monster! :)

5. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Mine would probably start out as a simple squid and slowly develop into a squid/serpent combination.

6. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Suddenly it all makes sense...

And which would those be, out of curiosity? PM sent!

I'm intrigued, haven't seen any good squids yet! PM'd

7. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Well now this sounds interesting I have a few questions and a idea leading into extra questions based on my idea.....

1) Internet connectivity will this be needed at all the time to play..
    1A) Single player mode will there be one? If so is wifi needed?
    2) I saw that levels are going to be added what about attack or powers if any will there be many ??
    3) the world or dungeons are they endless? or timed etc?
    4) Multiplayer and seeing other peoples monsters in the world, could this become a lag issue once a lot of people start making many monsters?

My idea is to make a few monsters that come from Minecraft like a creeper or a slime etc which brings me to my last questions...
    1A) Is there a size limit ?
    1B) Is there a shape limit?
    1C) Can you choose or add your own colors or textures?

8. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Good stuff!
    1) No internet connection required
    1A) The game has two main modes: the single player dungeon crawler campaign, and the online multiplayer arena. Internet is, of course, required for multiplayer, but you can play single player to your heart's content without a connection
    2) I'm not quite sure what you mean about adding levels. Each type (fire, water, plant, rock, electric, alien) has 5 unique elemental attacks in addition to the basic melee attack shared by all classes.
    3) The single player campaign is like an on-rails dungeon crawler
    4) No lag whatsoever. The online multiplayer is turn-based so lag is minimal. The monster syncing system is a little hard to explain, but the bottom line is you won't notice an ounce of lag: the game ships with a certain number of monsters built-in (to which we are adding the contest winners in this thread). When that initial pool gets low, the game reaches out to our server and downloads a whole new set of player created monsters. Rinse and repeat. The downloading process will only have to happen once every couple weeks (depending on how much you play), and even if you don't have an internet connection it will keep cycling through your existing pool until it's able to sync successfully.

B) Awesome, a Creeper would totally be doable. Check your PMs.
    1A) The initial grid for building monsters is 6x4x3 pieces, and as you play through the game you unlock bigger grids up to 8x6x5
    1B) A shape limit in what sense? You have 9 piece types to choose from, and what you do with them is up to you. There is no limit to how many of each piece you can place as long as you fit them within the building grid.
    1C) Adding your own textures would be a cool feature, but we won't be opening up to custom colors because the colors are what make each elemental type unique. Fire is orange, Water is blue, etc.

9. cdkilgore21

Jan 9, 2013
    #49 cdkilgore21, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    Great work! "Squirt;" my serpent/squid hybrid that looks a little like a sea slug has tackled the first couple of dungeons...can't wait to see what else this app has in store for us!

**so apparently the TA app won't let me upload the pic I took of it, although I'm not sure why. Anyone able to help me out? I know the pic isn't too big to post...**

10. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Thanks, Naquatic!
    Will try it out soon!

11. MikeNintendo

Aug 6, 2013
    Tried it, and i love it so far :)

Just need to build a few monsters to really feel the monsters editor :)

Mine is called "Allseing Tank". Will add a screenshot later :)

12. MikeNintendo

Aug 6, 2013
    Oh, i just thought what does the game remind me.
    It reminds me a bit of World of Warcraft's pet battle system. :)
    If you didn't try it, do so to get some more inspiration.

13. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I would try my hardest to build a metroid, which looks decently possible. 2nd option? I would try to build a hammer with stick arms out of the rock group.

14. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Just searched for this I'm App Store because people already playing it? Looks fun, I enjoyed guncrafter... When is release?

15. cdkilgore21

Jan 9, 2013
    #55 cdkilgore21, Nov 27, 2013
    I think they said earlier in the thread that it's out the 5th. #

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    We were given promo codes for an early build of the game. :)

17. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Have you found a workaround? If not I can pull it from our database and post a pic for you.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Looking forward to seeing that screenshot. Believe it or not I actually never played WoW. I'll have to read up on the pet battling system.

Both of those would be incredible. PM sent

If you're interested in trying out the game and have an idea for a monster I'll send a promo code your way!

18. ChaosIsMe

ChaosIsMe Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I want to create a rock cat warrior creature.

19. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #59 PeteOzzy, Nov 27, 2013
    This game is so my kind of thing, it's like you're in my head! I absolutely cannot wait to give it a go - I always end up getting games like Forza and Black Ops just so I can spend hours designing amazing (?) things in the emblem editors. Getting to see them as pets is possibly the greatest selling point you could tempt me with!

Edit: Lol, just spent five minutes trawling the AppStore for this game as I hadn't realised I was in the Upcoming section. Had a senior moment! Anyway, are there limits to how many you can design? As, given that there are multiple "species", I'd love to make one of each at least. There has to be an Audrey from Little Petshop of Horrors for the plant genus, alien is begging for a Space Invader. Cannot. Wait.

20. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    This game would probably have to be one of my most anticipated iOS games ever... I would totally make some Pokemon characters in that game hehe :D