MonsterCrafter (Sequel to Guncrafter - Pokemon meets Minecraft meets Virtual Pets)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I can see that! :D

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    This is my Belugun, I still need to do a bit of work expanding him and adding the cannon but part of me likes him as he is. It's got a lovely virtual pet feeling to it along with the Pokemon vibe so you end up really caring for them!

Attached Files:

3. unicowz

unicowz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    i would probably make a giant octopus-like monster, red eyes and with a ctulhu look, gonna go lovecraftian style :D

4. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Neat :)

5. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    My monsters and feedback...

Here are my monsters, the Dalek1 and Slippy... I accidentally deleted Dalek in an attempt to rebuild him... Now I have to save up more coins. Definitely will make him an alien the next time.

Feedback..

I like the game. I think it has great potential. Look forward to how you all have updated the game from this build. The opportunity to design your monster is fun and it's cool seeing them doing their thing.

Would like to see a slightly expanded combat system. I like the different abilities for each type, but while I am waiting for my powers to build up, I wish I could do more than just tap the opposing monster... Maybe more of an Infinity Blade type of combat, slashes, parlays, etc?

Is there a reason to use lower specials versus higher ones for each type?

The cost of IAP... I would LOVE to buy some iap at the $2 and $3 level, much like in Forusaken Media games. I am not seeing that in this game yet? I might end up spending more if I had those options...

Just some thoughts, you guys do great work. Hope for much success. I will continue to work in a couple more monsters and hopefully help.

Attached Files:

6. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Slippy "slipped" from the last post.. Bad joke :)

Attached Files:

7. DemonExorcist

DemonExorcist Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I think Thunder in campaign is overpowered and alien obeast lol i cant get pass thunder not even close for some reason

Great game so far

8. DemonExorcist

DemonExorcist Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Would be cool if u added:

Freeplay: where you can just create your Own monster out of anything like a creative mode,but u cannot use it in the real pvp or dungeons, but can create monsters and save it. I would like try out those props ,wings on freeplay and test those out to seen if it is good and i would buy all those props for my real monsters.

More: since just tapping, maybe a moving feature on a small tiny free world or some mini games to get coins , instead of same dungeons

I give ★★★★☆

9. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Review

I am happy to bring a review of the game. Here is the review:

GamePlay: 5 out of 5 stars
    Comment: I just LOVE the gameplay because of its simplicity.

Graphics: 5 out of 5 stars
    Comment: Even on my iPod touch 3gn, it seems like I'm playing on a IPhone 5s.

Sound/Music: 5 out of 5 stars
    Comment: The Music/Sounds come in when needed like during a battle the music will turn from relaxed to INTENSE!!!

Replay: 5 out of 5 stars
    Comment: The levels are always available to play and to level up your monster.

OverAll Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
    Comment: This game bring déjà vu to people who played Minecraft or a virtual pet game like Pokemon.

10. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    #110 cdkilgore21, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

Free play would be a GREAT option to have. No size limitations there either, maybe? ;)

Also maybe some social feature, or connection just to check out other players' creations?

11. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Very nice design! I'm glad you feel that… it hooked us in the same way, and we were hoping it would do the same to others.

PM'd!

Really cool! We'll include him with the rest! I like the idea for the expanded strike system with multiple strike attacks. I'll run it by my brother. Some of the lower specials are actually a much better damage/turn in certain situations. I don't want to give any exact numbers and spoil the mystery, but there are definitely advantages to using both high and low tier attacks.
    We do have a $0.99 diamonds option, but you're right that we don't have many options for gold. Originally we wanted gold to only be earn-able to keep the game from feeling overly IAP'd, but we caved on that last minute and included the medium tier gold IAP. We're planning on adding a cheap gold option in one of the next few updates.

Love it!

Thanks, and you are absolutely right. The electric opponents were wayyyy overpowered in that build, but it's since been fixed. We now have promo codes for a more recent version, so shoot me a reminder tomorrow if you haven't heard from me and I'll send one your way!

I like the free play idea! The wings aren't 3d wings though, that category is decorative tattoos and markings that you can apply to blocks.

Well thanks!!!!!! That means so much to hear!

We've got a social feature in the works, hoping to have that version available by launch or within a day or two. We're going to have a crew (clan) system and a whole set of crew dungeons. You and your friends will all be able to join a crew and play through the dungeons asynchronously. In order to advance, each member of the crew will have to have completed a given dungeon. That feature will, hopefully, get expanded to include sharing of monsters. No guarantees on that part just yet!

12. unicowz

unicowz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    i have 0 unread pm's :(

13. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hmm, I tried again, any luck?

14. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    We're submitting the final pre-launch update right now which includes all of the monsters for which you guys posted names and photos! Any monsters posted from here on out will still be included in the next version, which we'll be submitting in less than a week…so keep 'em coming!

15. Artemys

Artemys Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    High-School Student
    Cool :)

I'd love to try this game! Looks really cool:) Has anyone tried making a dragon yet? And would size of the monster impact evasion?

16. DemonExorcist

DemonExorcist Member

Nov 29, 2013

Im currently working on a dragon but kinda hard cause of limited blocks, would be greats if they're more blocks of different sizes and shapes, also would it be great if you can customize and make your own block? Or is it too much and not what the game was for? I was wondering :)

17. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    The pure size of the monster doesn't have a direct impact on stats (although we have a speed stat in the works that will likely take cues from size), but other build characteristics do. You are able to swing your monster's attack/defense stats based on the way you build. We don't want to give away the exact algorithm, but you'll get a feel for it as you start building :). I've sent you a PM!

It all comes down to a tradeoff between build detail and interface usability. The higher resolution the grid, the more difficult it becomes to navigate the interface and precisely drop pieces. There is technically no limit to the types of blocks we could add, and we do have plans to expand. In the stylistic spirit of the game, we won't be adding crazy, complex shapes. We are sticking to simple shapes that can be used creatively to allow huge variation. For example, next up is a slanted corner block. See here, although it's a bit hard to envision unless you have the 3d object itself in front of you. It'll let you bridge an inside corner.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Originally we wanted to only offer cube blocks and allow high enough resolution grids that you could make complex shapes (think Minecraft), but doing so requires a much more complex building interface. It would either need to be a free roam world (which was beyond the scope of the game), or users would need to be comfortable relying on multitouch panning and zooming controls. You'll notice we actually did implement multitouch viewing when building, but we didn't want users to *have* to use those controls in order to view the extreme edges of the grids. Another issue with having huge grids is the size variation we would have to account for. Picture the difference between a 1x1x1 monster at level 1, and a fully grown, say, 10x10x10 monster. It's nearly impossible to fit those nicely into a single 3d world. So you run into another tradeoff between size variation and world composition.

All of that said, we plan to keep optimizing to allow for bigger, more complex builds :). In the next update we are just about at a point where we can add another grid with an extra row in each dimension.

18. DemonExorcist

DemonExorcist Member

Nov 29, 2013

Is it possible still u can add a advance complex shapes and designing? Like some can stay at the beginning lvl and some can use advanced :) or make a competiton for advance build designing? Like add the advance setting for few days and whoever posts the best liked designs (top5) can hve the advance design permanently

19. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Have had a lot of fun so far with this game, haven't gotten very far, but I can already tell it will be fun. Multiplayer is always a blast in naquatic games, and this has multiplayer. The monster creation aspect of the game is really fun, and I hope more types (poison, ghost, metal) of monster come out along with more part types. The trainig part of the game is very similar to pet care games. I personally can't wait til I have the time to really sit down and get deep into this game.

I highly recommend downloading when it comes out on the fifth.

20. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    We're happy that you guys are enjoying building so much :). It sounds like we have a lot of requests for a larger building space. A fourth, extra-large grid is slated for the very next update, and I'm going to take a long look at advanced building options tonight. Maybe we will add a much bigger grid that comes with an advanced controls tutorial to make sure users are comfortable with panning and zooming?

You're the best, thank you Sawyer :)