Moon Boing - 3D Platformer now accepting beta-testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SpaceHat, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    What if you just start the game on the ground and initiate the counter when you first boost? That'll let you check out the stage first without wasting a bounce.

I lowered the sensitivity a notch and found myself enjoying the swipe controls. :) I like this space jumper so far. I like finding optimal paths to minimize bounces as much as possible.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    How could i miss that ? It's a big must-have, in any game !
    And since the music doesn't fit the atmosphere (for me), i'm glad i can play my own music. Great.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I agree with the others. It would be better if we could take a look around and initiate that first bounce ourselves, especially since there's a bounce par for each level.

Played some more. Great game. When I first saw the screenshots, wasn't sure how it would play but I love that the levels are much more open than I expected.

4. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Video games developer and sole trader
    Thanks for your feedback so far - great stuff!

So the opportunity to look round without bouncing at the start is clearly your most popular request. Implementing it has minor repercussions with the tutorial and soforth, but nothing major. In it goes! (hopefully!)

Mary2124 - Cheers for letting me know - you should be able to flip the orientation next build. Please be on the lookout for any issues this reveals - reversed swipe or similar (didn't happen when I tested it just now, but I think that was the reason I disabled it in the first place...)

5. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    The game's getting even better. Purchase worked, so i'm at level 17.
    Need a break now.

While i had (still have) some trouble on level 11+12 to clear within the
    bump-limit, i cleared the next four levels like a hot knife through butter.
    Needs maybe better balancing getting the three stars here and there.

Two other goodies are, the installed size is MB 71 and the app loads very, very fast, as well as the replay button does. Nice.

6. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Cheers for the update, Qwertz555.

I'm working on an update at the moment. Hopefully it will include a standing time at the start. More soon :)

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Is there still room for testers? I clicked on the email link on the page and got an error. I'd be up for testing it on my 4S or if you need Android testers, I have a Nexus 7. Feel free to PM me. Game looks great.

8. Mary2124

Mary2124 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Glad to help. #
    I've played through several levels and the swipe controls work really we'll mad some of the levels are quite a challenge. One small thing I've noticed is when I'm under the collectible when I get it, the flash that represents it is not always evident. I'm having to look at the graphic in the top left to see if I got it which messes up the flow and causes more bounces.

I am really enjoying the game.

9. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    #29 SpaceHat, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    awp69 - yes, the test is still on and I'd be pleased if you could join it. Which email link did you try, and on what page? The Testflight recruitment link ( http://tflig.ht/19cfsLy ) is probably the most convenient way to get onboard. But you can also email me at [email protected] and I'll send you an invitation.

Mary - cheers. I'll improve the collectible visibility.

10. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I played a bit yesterday. Got kind of turned around. Looks good so far. I will be playing more today.

11. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Cheers Dazzlemi!

I'm still working on the next update. Hope to have it up in the next few hours.

12. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Aaaand the newest update is up and available! You should be able to get it via Testflight. Thanks for the help you have given so far and please let me know what you think and what issues you encounter.

If anyone else would like to join the beta test they are more than welcome. Please get in touch or register via this link: http://tflig.ht/19cfsLy

You are all awesome!

13. Mary2124

Mary2124 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Thanks for fixing the orientation! I haven't had any problems with the controls at all. They seem to be working fine either way. I noticed picking up the collectible more, not sure whether you changed it or I'm just paying more attention, but it looks to be more noticeable.

14. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    The view is perfect now for me. And it was important, because these moving platforms aren't that easy, even now. The jetpack volume is much better, too. Oh man, this level 19 is giving me a headache to make a perfect run through. Need to rest the game. Cu

15. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Brill, thanks for the update folks. It's good to know that the fixes worked well. Any other feedback, positive or negative, don't hesitate to let me know :)

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh wow, amazing update! The pause at the start is great, and the zoomed out camera is a huuuuge improvement!

And good job fixing the text bug (;

17. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Just thought I'd provide an update...

I've created a trailer and a couple of gameplay examples. The Challenging Stage may be of interest to folks who got as far as level 25 - did you do it in less bounces than me? :)

Trailer:

Let me know what you think :) Also, the Beta test is still open for any folks who'd like to join.

18. Mary2124

Mary2124 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I'm only able to get to level 16. Did I miss the instructions on unlocking the remaining levels?

19. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Hi Mary - I should have sent every tester details about how to use test iTunes accounts to mock-purchase and unlock the rest of the game. I may well have missed you out on the emailing, so I'll resend. Thanks for letting me know.

If anyone else has the same problem, please get in touch.

Hope y'all enjoying it!

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hey I'm finding the 3rd orb on level 11 infuriatingly difficult to get. Maybe you could move it so it's closer to a platform at least?