Moonga the new trading card game for iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Moonga, Sep 8, 2009.

1. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    You should buy Orions then!

2. Moonga

Moonga Member

Sep 8, 2009
    We think that you won't be disappointed by the gameplay !
    The game is played turn by turn. Each player plays with a deck of 5 cards, 4 cards are revealed and one is face down. By right card at the right moment we mean that there is 4 rounds and you have to play strategically your cards according to your opponent deck and his game style.

For those who asked this is an example to illustrate de gameplay.

Each card has : for example Master of Mountains

- attack points : 4
    - defense points : 2
    - damage points : 4

[​IMG]

For example I'm playing against Jack. Its the first round, he starts by playing his Master of Mountains. I have to choose a card in my deck to reply. I know that if his card's attack points are bigger than my card's I take as much damages as the card's damage point.

I see that his attack and his damages are important. But his defence is low. I can take the low defence opportunity to choose a card with high damage, but my card's defence will be probably low. So I will take the 4 damage.

Moreover that that each player starts with 8 Power points(PP). Players invest each round from 0 to 4 PP. For each invested PP the cards get
    -attack + 1
    -defence + 1

So I don't know many PP is Jack investing. But after looking at his deck I think he will save his PP for the other cards. If he plays 2 PP Master of Mountains will become.

- attack points : 6
    - defence points : 4
    - damage points : 4

I will prefer to play the defensiveness and I'll play

[​IMG]

But as I think he will save his PP I'll try to also deal him my damages. I have a low attack but he has also low defence so I decide to play 4 PP

now we play

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Jack invested 0 PP

Master of Mountains
    attack : 4
    defence : 2
    damage : 4

Watchful guardian
    attack : 5
    defence : 10
    damage : 3

My attack > his defense -> he takes 3 damage
    His attack < my defense -> I take no damage

So I took no damage and he took 3.

But now I have only 4 PP left and Jack has 8 PP. So I'll have to manage to take the minimum damages the last 3 round.
    (Maybe I should have played only 2 PP to get the same result)

3. Maelick

Maelick Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Read Above
    Myrtle Beach, SC USA
    Oh wow! This sounds like something I could get easily hooked! Having easily spent thousands of dollars on card games over the past 13 years (I'm 26 so that sounds about right) from Magic the Gathering, Wyvern, Rage the Apocalypse, whatever that Marvel comics one was (anyone remember?)

I would Agee about the timer however I've played quite a few games without timers where people just walk away at the first chance leaving you with nothjng to do but quit. Honestly I don't mind paying for more cards as long as the price is right.

Applied for beta test. Almost left it saying I was a robot because I thought it was funny, until I realized why it was asking that question!! :D

4. herr_sebbe

herr_sebbe Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Still waiting for Konami to rack up a good Yu-Gi-Oh! game. :D

5. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    I will be looking forward to this game.

The artwork looks fantastic and the simple yet strategic gameplay makes it even more exciting.

Could you possibly confirm the following:

- Collection Screen? (A mode which you can look at all the cards you have collected)
    - Mixture of Weak and Strong Monsters?
    - Animation? (any attacking animation or defending animation)

Looking forward to the release :D

6. Moonga

Moonga Member

Sep 8, 2009
    #26 Moonga, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    About collection screen the answer is yes

[​IMG] [​IMG]

- Mixture of Weak and Strong Monsters?

What do you mean by that ? You are asking if there much better card than other ? All the card are quite balanced. Some have for example

high attack medium defence low damages or
    low attack medium defence
    or some have everything low with a powerful capacity etc.
    The rare cards are a bit more powerful or have a very interesting capacity. But they are still balanced.

There 5 types of cards : with in general points like attack/defence/damage

water : high/medium/low
    fire : medium/low/high
    earth : medium/medium/medium
    ice : low/high/medium
    ether : uncommon and rare cards only, no rules for ether usually a powerful capacity

and about capacities each type has his preferred capacity

water : Heal
    fire : Direct damage to opponent
    earth : PP manipulation
    ice : Prevent damage

Yes the points are changed in real time in the card and the attack is animated. As you can see on the screenshot the attack of player 1 and the defence of player 2 are bigger. The card on right is playing the damage animation.

[​IMG]

For those who asked the game board will probably stay the same for the release of version 1.0

7. Mudkipz223

Mudkipz223 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    I've been waiting for another tcg for the iphone. Orions is great and all, but the developers don't seem to want to update it with online play and new cards. I signed up for the beta test and am anxiously waiting to see if I got in. :D

8. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Awesome... looks like other card games I used to play. I'd test it but as of now I have no way to connect online, so forget that. Plus I'm testing another game atm so that'd be really difficult to balance along with just getting Hybrid.

9. Mudkipz223

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    Any update on this? I noticed that on the main site the beta testing checkbox is gone.

10. Aegis

Aegis Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    so we gotta buy cardpacks to get an advantage playing whats essentially a strategic version of RPS... sigh. The gameplay description leaves something to be desired, i suppose ill try the free version...but dont have high hopes for this as its currently outlined.

11. The CEE

The CEE Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Will there be offline play?

12. Moonga

Moonga Member

Sep 8, 2009
    The beta testers are chosen ! Thank you for your apply. For those that aren't been chosen we will send to you a promotional code soon.

No

13. rautha harkonnen

rautha harkonnen Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    how did nietsche get in a fantasy card game?
    <flavour text on a mutant dragonfly card>

14. Mudkipz223

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    E-mail?

Were we supposed to get an e-mail on whether we got in or not, because I didn't get one and I signed up for the beta....

15. Moonga

Moonga Member

Sep 8, 2009
    #35 Moonga, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    I will send an email next week to give you more informations :cool:
    But if you didn't received an email yet means that you are not retained sorry :(

16. stormx

stormx Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #36 stormx, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
    Hi all, thx for this game moonga, i already enjoy it

But sorry i didnt understand a word (iam french), what is promotional code ?.

And i had an other question, what will be the approximal price ? And the price of the extends (set of cards) ?

Thanks in advance for the answer

StoRmX_42

PS : oh, also forget that, will the game be able to support 3G and EDGE gaming? And can we have any informations about the release date ? or its maybe too soon to say ?

17. Moonga

Moonga Member

Sep 8, 2009
    With promotional code we mean a code that gives you free cards when the game will be released. :D

The price will depend on the card set size. To give a fork the prices will vary from 1$ to 8$ depending on the set size.

The release will be probably in December. The game will be playable EDGE and 3G without problems

Thank you for your interest in Moonga

18. stormx

stormx Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    ok thank you moonga for the answer

It's very cool to see that a develloper is interesting in customers' questions and that they show they are alive

nice ;) thx

StoRmX_42

19. appfreak

appfreak Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    That's too bad. Are you considering changing the app to free now that Apple allows in game purchases. I reckon any MTG-style player wouldn't mind spending $5 on a good deck of cards

20. stormx

stormx Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    And you are right ;) i send messages one month ago. They answered to me and told that a beta game will be released in december. The game will be free with in app purchase . Its said in this forum , just up ;) the prize will depend on the number of cards or something like that. But i would lile moonga to speak in this forum about the progress of development.

StoRmX_42