Universal Mos Speedrun 2 (by Physmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 30, 2015.

1. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Got on the other day to see how much the leaderboards have changed. I'm glad to see they changed a lot! However, just five minutes in, and I was reminded of the horrible vertical hop glitch. After losing a #1 run, I raged off the game.

All this time has passed, and nothing's been done to fix that glitch. I know Physmo is only a couple guys, but c'mon! It significantly lowers my incentive to be competitive.

2. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I see that there are still only about 2000 people on the leaderboards in total, and only about 200 who have reached the 3th world :(
    Do you mean the trampolines or is there another glitch? I can understand your frustration, this game is so super hard, and then to die because of a glitch, when everything is going perfectly, is super frustrating.

In other news: there's a free version out now: Mos Speedrun 2 (Free).

3. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    That's disappointing. People just don't expect games to be challenging anymore.

It's a glitch caused by the timing of your jump. If you hit jump just as you're hitting the wall, you jump straight up, instead of diagonally. I've lost way too many runs because of it, and it's ultimately why I stopped playing.

I used to Speedrun another game at a highly competitive level, but my patience came to an end because of the glitches that would occur during runs, too.

It just sucks when you spend a lot of time to get the optimal run, just to lose it because of a development flaw.

4. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    New update! Now checkpoints are infinite. Big change.

I don't know if it's just that . There are quite a few very hard games that are still popular.

I can so imagine that. It's amazing to me that people can even do speedruns in this game. I managed that on 9 levels because I had to gain badges to open the fifth world, but I find it impossible on later levels. And that's talking about just making the speedrun time, but you're talking about making the best possible speedrun time. It's mind boggling to me. I would really hate it a lot if a perfect run got ruined because of a bug/flaw/glitch.

5. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi,

I've updated the game with a fix for the jump glitch - it's pretty hard to track down so I'm not sure if it's 100% fixed or not though. If there's anyone that can give this version a test to make sure it's working ok that would be very handy, just message me your email address you use for the app store and I'll add you as a TestFlight tester.

Thanks,
    Tony

6. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Great game, Physmo!
    But how can i get through the long water dungeon in level 1-5? I cannot get through it before i am out of air :eek:

7. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    There's some air bubbles about half way through that water part, if you keep Mos within them your air bar should recharge :)

8. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Blind me :cool:
    Thank you!

9. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Does this fix make it impossible to do shortcut the top of the leaderboard obviously did in level 1-6?

10. halomac

halomac New Member

Dec 9, 2016
    I'm top1 total time in world 1,2 and 5.
    Played a lot of this game and i haven't encounter this glitch.

One glitch that is still there (happens very rarely) is that you explode when you touch the wall of a moving object.

Found few others that are useful though ;)

cy@n - i think this was fix for other glitch. 1-6 is still active. For me it isn't that much of an issue. This glitch helps in 3 separate levels and if you want to stay competitive just learn how to do it.

11. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Thank you for this information!
    And how does one do it? :cool:

12. halomac

halomac New Member

Dec 9, 2016
  13. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    #213 cy@n, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just gone free for a limited time. If you haven't grabbed this yet, you DEFINITELY should. It's a FAN. TAS. TIC. platformer/speed-runner.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  15. damien424

damien424 New Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Any hints for skull in 1-2 please? I've got every other skull but cant for the life of me find that one!

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It is very near the beginning, and I will say that the entrance is in a part of the terrain you normally wouldn't even think twice about.

17. damien424

damien424 New Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Thanks so much! Would you believe after trying for 2 days to find it, and then posting, i found it about 2 mins after posting!