Universal Mos Speedrun (by Physmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi guys,

Glad you like the update - I think there's some problems with the game center leaderboards at the moment but should hopefully resolve itself soon. It happened the last time we did an update too and seemed to magically work after a day or so :)

Tone

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    hehe... hope it resolves soon..

on another note...

Is there any chance of you guys letting go of the soundtrack? I'd love to have mp3s of the tunes... sometimes I just open the app and let it sit there on pause so I can listen to the music. =oD

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

HD Gameplay Trailer:

Note:

First fifteen Minutes of the Game...

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Thanks to the lite version just released and the weekend sale combined swayed me to finally get the game. Can't wait to get into it.

5. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Hi, I just got Mos Speedrun and I have to say I like it except for one really annoying feature: If you hold the jump button, the guy just keeps jumping repeatedly. This causes me on those higher jumps that require that I hold the jump button longer, that after I reach the platform, it jumps again. Very annoying and can ruin a speedrun as well as get your guy to die. If that is fixed, or at least could be disabled as an option, I'd love it!

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    If you guys do change this, please make it an option... I've learned (spent MANY hours learning...) to use this feature to my advantage... And would hate if it was taken out completely... =o/

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Another thing I would have liked to see is the ability to jump from mid-air and not just when standing on a platform (yeah, I know, LoE style). It would make the game easier for sure, but I think that with the iOS virtual controls platform, requiring this kind of precision, just gets frustrating, for me. I love it when you can jump in mid-air, not having to be pixel perfect precise.

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    See... I think that would TOTALLY ruin the game!!

What is it with everyone asking for things that would ruin the AWESOME mechanics of pretty much ALL THE GAMES that I LOVE this week?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    +1 those would completely change the mechanics of the game. I love the game as is.

10. asjhust

asjhust Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    i like it

i like this style~:D

11. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Agreed. I really don't want to see any sort of changes made as mentioned to upset the mechanics of the game. It's great as it is.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    phew!!! SO glad people agree with this game... now I've just gotta get people to agree with me on the other 5 games they're trying to change... and i'll be SET!! :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Hey, picked this game up yesterday after reading the devs post in the 1 bit ninja thread, just want to say that i love the "mos" control set up and that the game is amazing. And hopefully there will be continued support.

Other then that, the game is perfect, and don't change it! (unless its with the addition of more levels ;))

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    So, I'm assuming that nobody has a problem loading up the NickMap web level?

15. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    enjoying this game so much...can't decide which is better...this or LOE: ok, ok first place for all of them :D

16. nickd3000

nickd3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    indie game developer
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Oops, that is a test level... We'll take it off the site in a minute (it might remain on your phone though so just ignore it, it'll be our little secret)

If I remember correctly, there are only 2 real web levels at the moment, I'll work on more when I get time. Another web level has been made but it won't be revealed until next month!

thanks for the support guys!

Nick

17. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi Nick,

I'm glad to hear about that - I thought I was doing something wrong.

Actually, one thing that should be worked on is the "World" selection. With the 5 worlds + the Web levels, it's all very cramped in the right side of the screen :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

18. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    missed the sale... but the lite convince me to buy it!

good job

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I bought it and like it, but I find the left/right button placement on the iPad a little weird. Why are they offset? It's not really been a problem, but it certainly looks strange. Probably there's some options for control placement in the options, I just haven't checked that yet.

20. nickd3000

nickd3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    indie game developer
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Yep, just pause the game and there's an option to move the controls anywhere you like.

The reason they are offset - they are placed on the circumference of an imaginary circle centred at the point where your thumb pivots.

Nick