Universal Mos Speedrun (by Physmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. patorjk

patorjk New Member

May 25, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Baltimore, MD
    This is easily my favorite iPad game. According to the in-game stats I've played it for around 10 hours, so maybe I should go outside more.

Anyway, I'm new to the iPad and App Store (and Apple products in general), so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but where is this high score board I keep hearing about in this thread?

2. Happy W

Happy W Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    #382 Happy W, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
    Hi patorjk—you can't access the high score leaderboards directly from the game; you'll have to quit out of Mos Speedrun and start the Game Center app to see them.

But perhaps you haven't yet set up your Game Center account? Or you're unfamiliar with the app? Here's Apple's introduction to the service. When you start up the app for the first time, it should guide you through the process of setting up an account. If you have any difficulty, come back here and we'll help out.

Once that's done, Game Center will see which games on your iPad use the service, and then list them under the "Games" tab. You'll find Mos Speedrun there—just tap it to access the leaderboards or view the achievements you've completed so far.

3. patorjk

patorjk New Member

May 25, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Baltimore, MD
    Very cool, thank you for the info Happy W!

4. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    I didn't really recognize that level (2:2) when I went back in. It took me ten minutes to get my score down to 25.55. Cocky enough? ;)

5. nickd3000

nickd3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    indie game developer
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Mos Speedrun V1.3 available soon

Hi Folks, v1.3 has been approved so should be available very soon.

The main change in this version is that we have added a new control option so that you can change how the jump mechanic works...
    I can't remember what we called the option, but there is the original "bounce" mode, where you can hold down jump when you are in mid-air and Mos will jump as soon as she hits the ground, and the new option where you have to already be on the ground before pressing the jump button.

A few people requested this change so feel free to try it out and get slower times as a result ;)

Nick

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Haha!!! Totally...

7. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    is there any way to move the d-pad around?

i feel the left and right are way too centered.

8. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I would also like to move and make the arrows AND jump button bigger, i have big thumbs. I think its already like this for the iPad and i will be very easy to implement this on the iPhone/iPod.

9. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions guys - we'll look into adding the movable d-pad option for the iPhone/iPod in our next update :)

Tone

10. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    It's best if the left and right controls can be individually repositioned (ie: not just shifting the whole d-pad). I'm fine with the existing controls personally, but some people seem to think they're too close together.

11. nickd3000

nickd3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    indie game developer
    Glasgow, Scotland
    V1.4 released!

Hi Folks!
    We have just gone live on the app store with v1.4 of Mos Speedrun, two changes in this build:

1. Fixed a bug where getting a text message or other notification while playing could totally bork the game's controls.

2. iCade compatibility!

Please let us know if it works ok on iCade, as we don't have the hardware to test it, although in theory it works with a bluetooth keyboard.. fingers crossed :-0

Nick

12. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #392 cplr, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    I have tested the iCade with this, and it's amazingly fun. Game feels really great with these controls!

13. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Any chance of adding Joypad support aswell?

14. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    We were looking into adding Joypad support so we'll stick it on the list for the next version :)

@cplr thanks for testing on the icade too, glad it's all working!

15. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
  16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I agree with this! I got my hopes up thinking that's what the update added but oh well... Hopefully the next one? Super Mega Worm is crazy fun with Joypad.

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOHOO!!!

Just checked the scores... I'm in the top 10 on world 5 total time!!! =oD

I never thought I'd make it that high!!! =oD

[​IMG]

THANK YOU PHYSMO for making such an AMAZING speedrun game!!!

18. poutini

poutini Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Student
    Calgary
    Haha, freaking qpawn. I struggled so hard to beat qpawn in the hook champ/quickhook leaderboards, but I can't remember a time when I came close.

Also, Mos Speedrun is excellent. Any hope for new levels, or are you guys working on a new game?

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, I've been trying and trying and trying... I can't even come within 5-15 seconds of most of his times... it's ridiculous how good he is... =oP

20. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi,

Not sure if you guys have seen this already but we made a special web level for 'Tap!' magazine. If anyone's interested you can play it by clicking the link on our website (www.physmo.com) or clicking this link from your iphone:

http://bit.ly/TapMag

Tone