Universal Motorsport Manager (by Christian West)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 20, 2014.

1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Cannot put this down, already ran my battery flat once, now have plugged in and racing again! It's great fun and looks awesome!

2. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Is the game getting more difficult in higher classes? Just won the first race and made a double win in the second race?

3. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    The music becomes really annoying. Other than that hooked top the max. Pity we can't name our drivers.

4. cdbaksu

cdbaksu Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    So, naming our drivers, being able to see availabe drivers without having to fire one, music control, anything else? :)

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Good to hear the favorable early reviews. However, I'll wait until a sound option becomes available before taking the jump.

6. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Looks really interesting. I'm tempted by the positive reviews but it sounds like a couple little annoyances need to be ironed out first.

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    For me personally, I am playing with the volume quite low( only two or three bars) and the music is a non issue, I can still hear the cars and ambience during events, but the music I don't even notice.

8. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Second those requesting for team, driver name customisation. Not just player. The entire roster. We can input real F1 teams and drivers. That would be a dream come true. And not a single licensing fee was given... #

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't even like racing games but I do like management games so I'm interested in this. A few of the features asked for here though seem like basic needs so I may add to my watch list and wait for an update.

10. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Bug/glitch?

I was qualifying and one of my drivers in the last couple of mins posted three purple sectors. The guy in provisional pole posted three white sectors.

Yet my driver is in 2nd?

..that's not right :confused:

11. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
  12. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I've had this too... Got all purple but was 3rd

13. Hoot3000

Hoot3000 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Same here. Got all purple on 3 consecutive laps. And first lap was the fastest.

14. Hoot3000

Hoot3000 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Only complaint so far is I was wining my first race had both cars in top two. Then the phone rang and it started over. Lol.

15. pillzhereish

pillzhereish Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Student
    Only complaints so far:
    - Music drives me crazy
    - It kinda feels like the menus could be smoother, it feels like 30 FPS when it would be absolutely brilliant at 60 FPS, to me it would be all the difference in the world.

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Any one else notice with the Dilemma relating to the car(I think it's the one to choose aero or production upgrade) that the prices are flipped. If you select the top option, you actually pay the cost of what the bottom option is. I just paid for a $200,000 aero upgrade and got charged for $400,000 production upgrade. Other than that, lovin it!

17. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Done a few races now and yep this is the business! Did just have a crash to desktop in qualifying at Aberdeen (after tapping to change my focus to other driver) and yes that music needs to come off as an option, but the racing and pacing is sublime and that's what it's all about. Never thought watching dots go in a circle could be so tense and believable.

Really impressed so far - it's got all the key decisions you'd expect to be making as a manager without it being too serious or too detailed. I think he got it just about right with this depth. At first I thought it would be good to be more involved with specific components of the car, but when you think about it it's probably more accurate abstracted this way, with you as overall manager taking a high level decision and your staff (that you pay for being experts in their fields) doing all that specific detail stuff, you don't need to know about it - car just gets better if you spend the money on the departments.

Can see this being my most played game pretty soon. And this is all done by one dude?? That's some serious talent and dedication right there if so!

18. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    My driver complained about the aero testing facility so I tried to upgrade it but I could't fine it. Where is it?

19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Isn't it the aerodynamics department upgrade?

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It irritates me so much when games designed to be played on a phone can't deal with phone calls! I think I'll download this on my iPad to avoid that problem, just got to finish some other games to clear some space first!