Universal Motorsport Manager (by Christian West)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 20, 2014.

1. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Yep. But it is way too expensive at this point in my early racing career.

2. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    How accessible would this game be to someone who loves sim games but knows literally nothing about racing? It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I'm worried I'll be in over my head just due to my lack of knowledge on the subject matter.

3. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I see a lot of you guys pumping the game up.... Hmmmm I bought it right away and started playing. I like manager games, anyway my thoughts:

PLUS:
    -Cool graphics, very very cool
    -Great sounds, tire squels and etc
    -It's laid out nice and accessible
    -You can take a screenshot
    -The "i" button is a quick help
    -all the cool stats and history it keeps

NEGATIVE:
    -You don't care about your drivers (rename will fix)
    -there isn't really a whole like of things to upgrade
    You just upgrade pretty much how many staff members and the size of your building. Sure drivers and engineers upgrade but really doesn't mean much to me.
    -during play you choose when to pit, how hard to drive and kind of tires. That's it that's all.

EQUALS:
    Well I am going to keep playing it but I feel like it's really shallow. When I saw it I was crapping my pants in excitement because I thought I would have control over tons more with my car. Wing elevation, kind of gas, more tires options. I thought there was going to be twenty different things to adjust on your car. I also thought you would have a bit more control over the driver, little quick commands like cut that guy off, force him off the road, slow down and conserve, go full out, pit but only grab gas... Etc etc. it just seems like there isn't enough to do where he could have had you macro manage the car! It's like its skin deep! Ima keep playing it. I don't regret buying it, it's fun and all, it's just not spooge flinging fun like I thought it was gonna be. Hmmmmm sorry dev, sexy as he'll graphics and UI though. Oh, I think I've had more fun playing Kairosoft Grand Prix... Sorry :(. I was so excited to nerdgasm out on all those car options on this.

So still get it just don't expect a heavy ass sim...more a surface skimmer with no shooting womprats

4. master333

master333 Active Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #64 master333, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Challenging game. I would like to be able to view other engineers in a hiring view first before I fire a current one please? Renaming of drivers, more sponsor challenges and more random events like dilemnas and more customisation of the cars like specifically tuning top speed as an example.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I think it needs a bit of work but i'm actually glad its not a heavy style sim. I would be bored rigid if i could have a choice of 20 things like 'wing elevation' etc. I think that would only appeal to read hardcore F1 style fans.

But yeah things like changing your drivers name i'm sure could easily be amended, i'm hoping the dev might turn up here at some point. What they've done is very impressive and i'm sure they would want to take on a lot of the ideas people have said here.

Great purchase for me, getting the hang of it now (2nd on the grid), still love the race style graphics. A bit more variety on the options (eg instead of just 3, cornering etc) would be good. But a great start

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I did send an email to the dev, hopefully we'll see him in in the coming days.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ha ha great minds think alike !! I've emailed him as well

8. London-SV

London-SV Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Me too I've also invited him for dinner

9. Cotch

Cotch Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Very, I don't watch f1 but I am hooked been on for 8 hours now.. Haven't eaten all day.. So much fun

10. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    If this is a one-man show dev it's even more impressive. Really enjoying it. Not much good at it though. Best I've had is two third places during the British season. Both drivers last by the end.

11. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Do later races have more drivers in them?
    I couldn't choose the colour red for my team at start... Could anyone else?

12. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Update out... Bug fixes.

When I pit or go past pits, it reports my position as incorrect, but puts it right within passing pits or when I leave pits
    Wonder if this is fixed in new update.. Wonder what fixes are

13. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I noticed in my first race if I set the driver to "push" and "pit" they slowed way down several turns before the actual pit. Is that a bug?

14. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    The dev can sometimes be found on Pocket Tactics forums.

15. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    You know there is another aspect of Motorsport Manager that I really like...one that is not so common in games. While the race is going on I can actually take my eyes off the screen for a few seconds every once in a while and check back to see how my team is doing and take action accordingly. I really really like that!

16. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How does this run on iPhone 4s?

Smooth? Worried it might be sluggish and crashes abound

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've got an iphone 4s. All runs fine

18. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Had another odd thing happen.... I was first and it said 2nd place was 11 seconds behind me... And then was 8 seconds behind me... But on screen visually, he was literally touching my car. So looked like he was 1 second or less behind me, not 11 or 8 seconds.
    Another bug?

19. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Cheers!