MOUNT OLYMPUS: A Point-And-Click Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tielore, Dec 10, 2013.

1. tielore

tielore Well-Known Member

Mount Olympus was released on all the app stores today. If you didn't feel like waiting up until midnight last night to get it, you can get it now. Here is a link to it.
    Mount Olympus - Get it on Apple's App Store
    And don't forget to rate/review it once you've played it.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Congrats on the 4.5/5 from TouchArcade. :)

Is it just me or is there really no thread for this in the release section? :/

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  4. tielore

@metalcasket - Thanks for posting about the review. I knew one might be coming, but didn't know it had been published. Looks great!
    And, yes, unfortunately, it looks like I dropped the ball on posting in the release section. There's a ton of things to do/coordinate on a release, and I'm sure I dropped more balls than just this one. ;) I don't know any indie developers that are masters of marketing.

5. tielore

@redribbon - Thanks for the help with the release posting on Mount Olympus. ;)

6. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    theres a lot of 4-5 stars review coming from the App Store(previous version) with only one star complain about a really short gameplay only 15minutes on second attempt. is it really that short?

7. tielore

@redribbon - No the game is NOT that short. That review is ridiculous.
    According to my analytics (from over a thousand players), the Average player finishes the game in 2.5 hrs of actual game play.
    The fastest times to win the game are as low as 1.5 hrs, and some people take as much as 6 hrs to complete.
    I had 40 beta testers who all played the game several times, and the fastest of them were able to finish it in just less than an hour, but hat was after they'd played it several times and knew exactly how to speed through it.
    But some jerk comes along and leaves a completely false review like that, and it affects me big time. So, either this kid was stoned and had no clue how long it really took, or he's some app developer trying to saboage other apps. Who knows....

8. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    thanks for the clarification, sold! ill post the gameplay video on the release thread soon.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, don't get me wrong...I wasn't implying you should have made a thread in the release section, it's just odd that no one did, you know? These games usually have a huge following (albeit not on TA) and you have that killer icon and whatnot.

PS: Still prefer the helmet icon. :p

Oh, and regarding the length of the game...even if you could breeze through it in 15 minutes, people don't seem to realize The Secret of Monkey Island can be completed in half an hour if you know what you're doing. Let that sink in. ;)

10. tielore

I just got another 1-star review from someone saying the game took them less than 30 minutes to complete.
    I'm starting to wonder if these people are reviewing the game after only beating the first chapter or something. I pop a request to review the game in between each chapter. I wonder if they think that's the end and post these negative reviews. Cause there's no way these people are winning the whole game in that time, it's not possible.
    It would be helpful if anyone who reads this and has played the game (and loved it) could post some reviews to counter these reviews that leave a false impression.

11. tielore

Would it kill apple to let devs reply to user's reviews. On Google Play and Amazon, I can reply to their review, which is publicly viewable, as well as notifies the user of the reply. In most cases, I fix what ever bug the reviewer found, or have workarounds that I post on google and amazon reviews, and usually it gets the user to come back and change their review. But Apple doesn't have this option, so people post negative reviews because they don't understand something properly, or due to a real bug, and I have no way to contact them to get more info or to educate them on how to do it right, etc. So they forget about their bad review, and I have to deal with the consequences. Sucks.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah, I find that extremely annoying^^

All the time I see dumb kids posting one star reviews because they don't understand it. Being able to comment on reviews would help out so much.

Apple really is behind the 8-ball in many respects.