Movies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 17, 2010.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Meant on blu-ray disc.

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I didn't know Slither was by the same director, that's cool. Did you know that Nathan Fillion has a small cameo in Guardians? :)

3. Driver 4118

Driver 4118 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    I know there are a few Criterion lovers in this thread:

http://www.criterion.com/sale (50% off everything in their online store)

It's a 24-hour flash sale, and the counter is already down to 20h17m remaining, so get to it.

What I picked up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I'm not a jazz fan, but all of the reviews I've read are calling this a contender for best stand-alone Criterion release of the year, and I loved the Demy boxset, despite not listening to that kind of music beyond the films)

[​IMG]

4. Handle

Handle Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    UK
    I watched 71 the other day, good movie, Jack O'Connell is going far.

First Starred Up, then 71 and the trailer for his new Angelina Jolie movie looks superb.

5. Mighty Dragon Studios

Mighty Dragon Studios Active Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Games Developer
    The App Stores
    I just watched 'The Equalizer' with D. Washington. I don't know what it is but this man's appearance can make a good movie out of anything. If you enjoyed 'Taken' with Liam Neeson then you will get a crack out of this one too.

On other hand - Anyone here read the book Maze Runner and watched the movie afterwards? Thoughts?

6. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm curious about the Maze Runner as well. I heard it was decent; another one of those teen dystopic films and whatnot. I'd still say the highlight film of the year for me has been The Raid II. I'm sure The Look of Silence will easily out-class it.

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

Finally another Raid fan.

And I just read on the Look of Silence
    That's some sad stuff.

8. Driver 4118

May 9, 2014
    #5428 Driver 4118, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    At midnight, Barnes and Noble's Fall Criterion sale begins. 50% off all titles, as usual. Here's what I'm picking up:

First, the Complete Tati box set, which includes his six films:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then these four individual titles:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Unicron vs Cereal Commercial

10. Mighty Dragon Studios

Mighty Dragon Studios Active Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Games Developer
    The App Stores
    Just had this soundtrack playing in the background while doing some work. Will have to get off my backside and finally go and watch Interstellar as it does sound (literally) real good...

ps: Count me in to the Raid fan club. Loved it.

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Finally saw Guardians of the Galaxy, really liked it, first Marvel movie I've truly enjoyed since Iron Man 1.

12. Driver 4118

May 9, 2014
    So, has anyone else bought anything at Barnes & Noble during their 3-week Criterion sale? They've got an upcoming 30% off Black Friday sale that begins in a few days. Even though I've already purchased the Jacques Tati box set and 4 other individual titles, I'm going to place another order when the Black Friday sale starts.

Here's what I'm using the coupon on:

[​IMG]

(The 30% off discount is only applied to the single most expensive item in the order, but it will still bring down the price of the Les Blank box set to under $50, when it normally retails for $125. This is a great deal.)

And I'll also buy this release. It will "only" be priced at 50% off, but there are 2 films on this disc, so it has great value.

[​IMG]

Online Code (starts on Nov. 27, one day earlier than in-store): BFRIDAY14

Or if you have a Barns & Noble store nearby and want to go shop there directly, just print out this coupon.

[​IMG]

13. Driver 4118

May 9, 2014
    I bought these 2 titles on a whim along with the Les Blank set, because I love Catherine Deneuve:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I recently watched The Lego Movie and now it's one of my favorites. What a movie.

15. McCarroll

McCarroll New Member

Dec 2, 2014
    babyboomer clean comedian

babyboomer clean comedian

As i visit your webpage of emptyclosets.com forum.I got so much entertaining things as i am reading all the posts that are added here on this webpage.Some are really unique with experience.Yes, surely,So many times , we view some kind of things and the comedy stuff and we enjoy if stuff is good and that make us enjoy.If you disappoint from the things as such you want you are not getting,then now there is a time to get some more entertainment from outside because we are with experienced great comedy with huge audience and membership followers all across the world and they really enjoy our comedian shows as well as we also try with new new stuff that realize you great pleasure with it and you feel really different with fun.So get more entertainment and booking for shows to click on link soon.Just one click away from our services.Don't forget to click on link,
    http://www.laughatyourselffirst.com/videos.html

16. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Funny - I sought out this thread just now to post about it :)

Was definitely right up my alley. I stopped caring for the Conjuring/Annabelle/Paranormal Activity type "jump scares" a long time ago.

The last horror movies I really appreciated were Sinister and Insidious; while Babadook doesn't share the explicit scares of the above-mentioned titles, it certainly has a way of creeping under your skin.

Highly recommended!

17. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I went to see the hunger games: mockingjay part 1 and it doesn't dissapoint. Just wish we didn't have to wait another year for part 2!

18. Handle

Handle Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    UK
    Is it worth waiting till Part 2 is out? I'm not a fan of cliffhangers.