Multimedia Fusion 2 - game development engine; PWYW >$1

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by undeadcow, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Kisguri

Kisguri Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Version 2.5 was just released at Clickteam.com and Steam, version 2.0 is still being maintained, been our most successful product for almost 8 years, we don't believe in making a new version every year just to suck money out of our user base. But it was time to do a major update. You can update a humble bundle mmf2 to 2.5 for only 40.00 bucks, had you paid full price, then you would have gotten it free if your full price order is within the last three months I believe.

Xexist please pm me.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    What was suspicious? Paid to add on features?

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Just to be clear, the iOS export is a completely separate purchase from the 2.0 version on humble bundle right?

Does the upgrade to 2.5 being offered include the module for iOS export? If not what is the price on it for 2.0 and 2.5?

Same thing happened to me after the deal was done. I don't have to get a new card I just had to confirm the purchase was legit. I noticed no suspicious charges thankfully.

4. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    I always use paypal when doing Humble Bundle.

If you buy the exporter for iOS it will work in both 2.0 and 2.5

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I've never had a problem using my Visa card directly on humblebundle.com.

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Ok. Time to start brainstorming game ideas.

If anyone wants to PM me a million dollar game idea, that would be doing me a solid.

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    No I paid with MC, the bank called 5 minutes later to say that there was a weird transaction.
    I did tell them, that it was ok, but they still are blocking my account and sending a new card...

8. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    It's kinda how i felt after trying out the export function and realizing that I can only do .exe and other features are add-ons.

Still happy that I got this for a steal. But well, yeah.

9. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    What kind of example MFAs do you guys want to see?

10. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    You guys that feel bummed about not having iOS exporter should really take advantage of what you have. I highly doubt that if you had the iOS exporter, it would eliminate the need to learn the in's and out's of the software. Being a game developer is an investment no matter how you slice it. Whether it's learning to code or investing in licensing and software.

So create a game design within what you have. Learn it well. Once you have things down and a game you're genuinely excited about, invest in the App Store license ($99) and the exporter ($129) to release your game. This may lead to bigger and better things, perhaps giving you the extra push to do even more. :cool:

11. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Well, What I would like to know is that when you create a game in windows format, can you auto resize to the screen resolution? I see ony 4-5 sizes to choose from.

2nd when you create a game in windows format, will it 100% work for IOS ?
    so if I buy the exporter, I'm assuming it creates an Xcode project, and need to compile that in Xcode then.

12. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    You will need the iOS plugin for multimedia fusion if you want to export xcode ready files, this is an extra separate cost.

The iOS exporter works really well, you get plenty of 2D performance and can make what ever you want, really.

13. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Yes for the most part your mfa will work on iOS but if u use windows only objects like joystick or keyboard u may run into issues.

You can set any resolution by typing it in manually in the box.

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I admit I'm a little bummed since the application claimed to cross develop for all those platforms, but not so bothered that its going to stop me. I planned all along to do my dev for PC first for quick and easy testing but eventually it'll be necessary to make the real investment for the exporter. I should be able to use the exporter without the iOS license since Xcode is free to install and use on Mac (I already have that, just found it a brain hurt to figure out where to start). Once that's tested enough then go for the yearly iOS publishing license so I'm not wasting the first year while developing.

Anyway, this will probably lead me to possibly switch later to cocos 2d and the box 2d physics (I think that's what it's called). I just need to fully develop the game idea first.

15. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    So, since the Apple Export is not in there yet.
    Does the program have IOS specific components as well then ?
    Like Game Center and other things?
    Cause you cannot test that then, since you can't export..

16. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    The newest version CF2.5 has Box2d built in. The iOS exporter is already available for purchase for either version, MMF2 or CF2.5

17. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Sorry for being stupid, but what is Box2d ?
    Like a simulator for ios/android?

Also... what are the changes between 2 and 2.5 ?
    I did see it on Steam today for $99, so where can I get the $40 upgrade deal if I want to continue.

back to the program :)

Playing with the Breakout tutorial....
    Noticed a wrong image in the bounce section of the tutorial.
    The image is showing 2x vertical bar instead of 1 vert. and 1 hor. bar :)

but... I'm kinda digging it... stuck on the score though. Step 11

"We want to add points to the score when the ball destroys a brick. As you can imagine, we have to add a new action on the line where the collision between the brick and the ball is handled. Locate this line, and move your mouse horizontally under the Player 1 object. Right click on the empty square located at the intersection. This opens the Player 1 object Actions menu. As you can see, this menu contains options to change both the number of lives, and the score. Select the "Add to score" option."

Right click on the empty square at the intersection.... I'm lost on that one..
    Do I add a NEW Event object, or Add the score to something, since it's greyed out..

18. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Sorry for being stupid, but what is Box2d ?
    Like a simulator for ios/android?

A physics engine

Also... what are the changes between 2 and 2.5 ?
    I did see it on Steam today for $99, so where can I get the $40 upgrade deal if I want to continue.

CF2.5 does everything MMF2 plus these things here http://community.clickteam.com/threads/83466-Clickteam-is-proud-to-present-Clickteam-Fusion-2-5

back to the program :)

Playing with the Breakout tutorial....
    Noticed a wrong image in the bounce section of the tutorial.
    The image is showing 2x vertical bar instead of 1 vert. and 1 hor. bar :)

but... I'm kinda digging it... stuck on the score though. Step 11

"We want to add points to the score when the ball destroys a brick. As you can imagine, we have to add a new action on the line where the collision between the brick and the ball is handled. Locate this line, and move your mouse horizontally under the Player 1 object. Right click on the empty square located at the intersection. This opens the Player 1 object Actions menu. As you can see, this menu contains options to change both the number of lives, and the score. Select the "Add to score" option."

Right click on the empty square at the intersection.... I'm lost on that one..
    Do I add a NEW Event object, or Add the score to something, since it's greyed out..

They are referring to the grid location at your event line crossed with the player 1 object in the event editor

19. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    #59 pka4916, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Thanks for the links..

Going to play with it some more...
    Then I need Ideas... like PKA Birds.. lol ...

But looks like once I have the additional IOS package, then I have access to all the IOS components as well, if I am reading it correctly..

Guess that's the same for IOS.

Think I will go with the upgrade... Seems like there are a lot of items changed.

Thanks again for your input... (must be a sales tactic... :D )

ps. MF2 = MMF2 ?

20. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    #60 pka4916, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Does the Dev Edition have all the exports in it ?. IOS/Android etc ?
    Edit: found my answer... and it's NO... Guess I got confused to see all the options when you do Insert within the program.

So, can you create like a Sodudo game with it? and have the numbers randomly created ?
    or is this more for graphics etc., since you don't really code in it.