My Top 20 Board Game Conversions to iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sizzlakalonji, Jan 25, 2013.

1. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    havent played 20, but here goes

Eclipse - really good port of great space builder game, what twilight imperium could have been, if itvwas bugged down in rules

agricola - very good looking port of a game which is almost better without other human players

spacehulk - very true too the boardgame, but a bit pricy...

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    That is because the game is called Forbidden Island

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #83 iPadisGreat, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    It was Lost Cities.

After reading that you like abstract games, you might want to avoid those games I listed. I generally avoid abstract games, so you might be bored by those games I like, and vice versa...

Forbidden Island is also good, but it falls into the category of cooperative games, and as explained above, Lost Islands was a typo, or perhaps Forbidden Island and Lost Cities had a very memorable Valentines Day...

4. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I finally found Yggdrasil in the App Store, why was that so difficult? Anyway, favorite board games...

Definitely, definitely, Elder Sign but also, Eclipse, Lords of Waterdeep (I really love this one) and Warhammer Quest.

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I haven't played enough for a top twenty, but of what if have played (and including card games) - from best to worst:

Magic the Gathering (2013 and 2014) (and really I have this on top by a mile)
    Carcassonne
    Agricola
    Ascension
    Ticket to Ride
    Monopoly

I also have Tigris and Euphrates - but I'm so far from being able to even begin to formulate a strategy forth is game that I find it hard to enjoy it at all.