Universal N.O.V.A. 3 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 9, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I smell a Paid Advertising...

I wanted to call you out for being a Paid Advertising Baby while wearing my @NEOGAF T-Shirt but I did hesitate for a Moment and asked myself if the TouchArcade Staff would like it if one of their Staff Bunnies would start a Flame War...

Here is my Bill of the Game...

[​IMG]

...and a Screenshot of my iPad 3...

[​IMG]

...and my Police Uniform.​

[​IMG]

Put your iTunes Store Bill on the Table and don`t move or I'll squeez you...

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You are Welcome!

I know what you are talking about. I felt the same when I started the Game on both of my iDevice and saw the first Time that the iPad 3 Version is missing some of the Effects :(

I like it so far but I wish all those Bugs that are still in the Game and the iPad 3 Downgrade wouldn`t be there because the current Build does really has some kind of bitterness.

While it`s for sure one of their best Mobil Games I wished Gameloft had delayed it for at least another Month to fix all those habits.

I would rate the current Build with 3/5 iTunes Stars and probably raise it to 5/5 if those above mentioned Features get fixed in the upcoming Months and a HD Upgrade for the new iDevice hit the iTunes Store too.

3. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Imho the gameplay is good but graphic is horrible, Infinity Blade 2 is better.
    It's one of the best game of 2012:)

4. NL_pixelman

NL_pixelman Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Ouch. Multiplayer is borderline unplayable on an iPad 1. If I'm playing in the garage map and there's only one other guy in the room, I get 60 FPS, but all other times it's 10-20. On top of that the fog makes it so you can't see anything.

Pisses me off. They need to add some serious graphical customization options. I'd be willing to play it at half the resolution if it'd only run at a decent framerate.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't get it.?.?
    The paid advertising / flame war thing that is.

Police uniform is cool though.

6. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Hmm nevermind..

7. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Sanuku, what is wrong with you?

8. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Nova 3 doesn't really lag on my ipad 3....

9. NL_pixelman

NL_pixelman Member

Sep 16, 2011
    I'd play at 480 res to get a smooth framerate and no fog. :(

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Single- or Multiplayer?

11. NL_pixelman

NL_pixelman Member

Sep 16, 2011
    I took the plunge, and it's awful. Fog is as bad as the other devices, and the framerate chugs around 15 FPS. It's barely playable. The campaign runs a bit better, but it's not much better than the other Gameloft campaigns. (so far, anyway)

12. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Multiplayer works great on my ipad 3... I did notice slow downs every now and then but for the most part it works.

13. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    #493 eAdvisory, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    i am about to take the plunge..

14. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    At least there's a shop in the game. That means Gameloft will probably update it.

15. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #495 russiaone, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    Damn these bugs are really pissing me off. And it's not just getting stuck in walls, it's when it affects game progression.

I'm at a point now where I gotta put the crystals in order. I should get a message when I'm putting them in correctly. I do it right and the girl tells me I'm wrong. But to where? I run out a door and into a glitch that leaves me hanging in mid-air.

I reset and go to put in the crystals and I get no voice. I restart from checkpoint.

I put them in order before she finishes telling me to put them in order and I get nothing.

Also, I'll push a button and NOTHING happens. LOL. This is ��������ing stupid.
    Totally terrible.

Although I enjoy the game, this is detestable production, and it really is inexcusable.

Finally got through it, but boy did that leave a bad taste in my mouth.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Do take the plunge.
    I have it on iPad 2 and I'm totally having a blast with it.
    It's not perfect and it has some bugs.
    Sometimes it takes ages to kill another player and other you get snap killed by someone you didn't even see.
    It's more tactical than mc3 plus graphics are excellent (for iPad 2).
    I wasnt really sure if I would like it because I always preferred modern combat series to nova series but loving this one.
    Gotta rank up and buy me a jet pack now.

17. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    ty! im buying now.

18. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    I've been playing multiplayer and there's been no problems. I don't see the lag or stuttering that's been reported.

There are some bugs in the main game, i've encountered a few where I need to go back to the checkpoint so enemies appear, or getting stuck in something.

I'm still enjoying the campaign though. I really didn't like NOVA 2, this game is much better.

19. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    I was surprised that you can run over people in the warthog or whatever gameloft is calling it.

20. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I really wish that the mechs were harder to kill :/ I wanna regret running into one, in a good way, and when in one I don't want to be killed by couple of clips from an assault rifle. Heavily armoured my a**.