Universal N.O.V.A. 3 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 9, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ah, it seems I might have to go against a very old principle, as I don't seem to be able to move the turret sights even with the button :) Thanks.

Luckily, we can create servers with auto-aim disabled. And while I certainly would not mind seeing auto-aim go the way of many other antiquated concepts :) , I suppose it does a lot to make multiplayer more approachable for those who never quite grow used to touch screen FPS controls.

That's enough motivation to jump into the annoying 4x4 sequence again. The next section better not disappoint ;)

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Rank 50 :D
    And yes, the maps are about 3x bigger, but gameplay is way faster than MC3.
    BTW, I don't know if this is a hack or just a bug, but I found a guy who was shooting while being frozen.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Yep, just like in MC3. But MC3 was the opposite: almost no match had aim-assist. In NOVA3, I only played a few matches without aim-assist, and it was incredible.

6. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This game is the truth on the ipad3

7. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Gameplay is not faster than in MC3... Nova 3 always loads the kills after you killed a person in full lobby, but full lobby in MC3 and you kill someone you'll have to wait a while before it loads meaning there's a lot more kills happening than in Nova. I don't know how you played MC3, but from my ezperience smaller maps with 12 players have more action than bigger maps with same amount of players.

Mc3 usually only has aim assists for hackers and noobs.

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I play MC3 rushing towards enemies and killing them with the Roar. In MC3 you have those campers fights, you know, in maps like divide or even in alert. Sometimes they get too boring. In NOVA 3, there are no campers. Even the people who are in the bridge, in Lost World, die quicker than MC3 campers. You have always to be running and moving, while in MC3 there are a lot of places where you can take cover.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The truth that rushed optimization is not working? Because Shadowgun already proves that the ipad 3 can run some pretty good looking games even at native res...

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    True. But shadowgun doesn't have a physics engine, half as many particles, or a dynamic lighting system. Shadowgun only has great textures and animations. Small environments, too.

12. EndlessEcho

EndlessEcho Active Member

Jan 1, 2011
    #773 EndlessEcho, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    Great game but hackers are running rampant already. It pisses me off, they just run around spamming rocket launchers while people are actually trying to ply fair. Meh, whatever, I'm still doing fine regardless of the hackers.

Also, has anyone had this glitch before? Everyone was stuck and couldn't move except me on my screen. So I ran around and knifed a bunch of them. However, sometimes I randomly got knifed when I didn't see anyone. So did everyone in the game see everyone else as stationary targets or what? It would be best if someone could notify gameloft about this too.

Anyways, I can't wait for the tourney to end, I would be very happy if random weapons includes locked ones... in that case I can get an early rocket launcher or early sniper rifle :D

P.S

The gameplay in Nova is based off halo, and we all know that halo gameplay is less quick paced. It does have some very intense moments but the mechanics of the game isn't based on a few shot death, but rather a shield system. Dying in halo usually takes much more time if you're good than in CoD. My 2 cents...

And regards to the aim assist, yeah, I really really hate aim assist. The tourney forces it and it's really annoying when you're aiming lower with a rocket launcher but aim assist auto shifts it up. It's terrible as well because people who shouldn't be doing as well as they are are capable of doing well in the tourney. Aim assist ftl. For tourneys, it should be disabled, otherwise, I'm fine with it since there isn't anything up for stake...

13. pueblo

pueblo Member

May 11, 2012
    When do you get the slow motion effect in the game?

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You have them the hole Time. I simple don`t use them as often as I probably should use them.

15. pueblo

pueblo Member

May 11, 2012
    For some reason I don't have it -___- I know you have to swipe the effects to get it but I swipe and nothing happens -.-

16. pueblo

pueblo Member

May 11, 2012
    Anyone else experiencing this problem?

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    It's a saying meaning the game is amazing. This game is running so good on my ipad3. That whole the a5x is not powerful is bs. This game runs great and at retina quality. When devs really work with this chip were gonna see some great things. But by then the a6 will be out;)

18. GamerGuy...lol

GamerGuy...lol Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Fixes for Gameloft:

1) Balance the jetpack (cool down time or something)

2) Buff the mechs, espescially against the cars ( guided missle?)

3) Nerf rpg reload (wayyyyy to fast)

Anything I missed feel free to post a reply! :)

19. AssassinEman

AssassinEman Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    I've seen the rocket launcher spam hack only once and the guy wasn't the best player, but I just got out of a game where that glitch was affecting the game. I stood in front of some people once I figured out what was going on and no one noticed me but it showed all the motions that they were doing. I shot at them but nothing happened but when I stabbed them they died. It seems to only affect one person because everyone else's deaths showed that they were being shot at. Can you confirm this? I was with you in this game, I was DragonEman.