Universal N.Y.Zombies 2 (By Foursaken Media)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 24, 2012.

1. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Couldn't take it anymore I've deleted it.

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#482 Foursaken_Media, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    Would've really loved for you to have just given it a break until another few days for the update - so many additions and fixes (I believe everything you mentioned before has been fixed or changed in some way) - but thanks anyway for giving it a shot!

3. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Meh, he'll be back. He knows he can't stay away.:p;):D

DBC

4. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    When the updates hits, I'll reinstall it & give it another try . Thanks p.s. the firefighter zombies just kicked my ass.

5. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    :(
    One of these days will hook up for mp, WC :)

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010

Whaaaaaat?

At least you're gonna reinstall it when the update hits tho, we gotta play some MP dude!

7. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    1- yep! 2-3 you know it

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Good to hear it!

9. pylos

pylos Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Hey forsaken, this is just an idea: for firearms why don't you have two buttons, one to act as the trigger and the other to act as melee? What this means is you could use melee and shooting at the same time. Melee wouldn't do any damage bi would simply push the infected back a little. It's similar to left4dead and would really quicken the gameplay :) especially online! You would have to re-balance the game, but hey it's just an idea :p

10. supaman900s

supaman900s Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Game keeps freezing on me during the Harbor mission, I am playing on an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0.1

Three times now I have tried to complete this mission and three times now it has locked up on me.

Anyone have a solution to this? Or experience it themselves?

11. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Can't say I have. I'm also on a vanilla 4s and also beta tested this game and have played the final rekease and no crashes what so ever for me. Maybe FM has some input into this? Btw. Loving this game.

12. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Darnit, Apple! I want this update already!

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    iOS 6 caused an issue on older devices but it makes sense that there might be some affect on newer devices as well.
    Thy do have a fix for iOS 6 in place for the update so that will hopefully sort it out for you.

14. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Still waiting for the update too. Sad, when is it coming out.

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I wish we could say... its just... been sitting there in the Apple queue for a week now >_< I think it really should be any day now, though! Nobody wants this update out as much as we do...

Supaman900s - never seen that before! When does it crash - right away, at a certain point?

16. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Well, I'm honestly pretty dissapointed with this one.

This doesn't feel at all like the original. I don't think that being locked in place was some kind of technical limitation that needed to be fixed in the sequal. There was just some kind of terror you don't get anywhere else when you see a horde of zombies coming at you without the ability to run away. It was awesome. Also, fetch Quests. What if I don't WANT to scurry around my apartment looking for a pair of wire cutters? It's not so much that fetch quests as a whole are bad, as they can be done correctly (Legend of Zelda), but this game just does them poorly. The items you need to nab aren't marked, so you have to run up to them and see if the hand icon appears. If it doesn't, congrats, that door you just checked may have the exact same texture as the one you need to find, but it's definantly not the right one.

Not to mention, the game runs at about 10-15 FPS on my device. This'll probably be adressed in the update, but dang, this should have been addressed before release.

Well that's my ¢25. I'll definantly re-download it and try again after the update, but for now I'm just going to stick with the original, thanks.

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Hey FM, just an idea for those who like the old standing still mechanic of NYZ1, how about a new mode or something where the joystick is removed, you are placed in a stationary position like in NYZ1?

Just a thought. I personally really like the new free roam of NYZ2, though. :)

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks, but you don't notice the big arrows pointing at items you need to collect? They also show up as white dots on your mini map (when you're in range).

19. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Er... Post a screenshot. I've seen lots of items without arrows. And the update will fix the framerate issues, right?

20. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#500 Foursaken_Media, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    Here you go. The only things that don't have arrows on them are hidden secrets, like the collectable Journal pages. Everything that you collect that is part of the regular game has an arrow. Notice the white dot on the mini map as well.

And yes, update will fix frame-rate if you're on a "lower gen" device with iOS 6. There shouldn't be a frame-rate issue otherwise, at least that we know of (there may be some slight slowdown when the action gets intense, but it should never be dipping below ~20 fps for those devices).

Attached Files: