Universal N.Y.Zombies 2 (By Foursaken Media)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Around 740 or so installed.
    It is well worth it as the game is top quality.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    789mb installed.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks

4. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thank you also

5. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Does this work (and I mean WORK, not "it will load but it will lag") on a 4th gen iPod Touch?

6. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Guys,

I was also a beta tester for this game.... and it's awesome. So much gameplay in the single player campaign and then you add in the Co-op. This game is very difficult at times which make it a real challenge.

The challenge is what makes it fun, unlike some of your very repetitive and easy zombie shooters. I'm a dead trigger fan also but gameplay wise, this game has it over Dead Trigger and for the price..... It's a steal !!!

Btw, I'm not saying all this because I was a beta tester. I'm not receiving a promo code for saying this. I legitimately mean it and I will be buying it when it hits in the US.

Add me for MP on gamecenter: FightingGI

7. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    It works great on an iPod 4G, that's what I own :D

8. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    As other testers mentioned, it's a very very good game. All the other zombie games out there you're basically runnin' and gunnin'. But with NYZ2, it's more about improving your character, his weapons and choosing the best skills/weapons to select to better your chances of survival in this game. It's not all about graphics, which I have to say I love the way NYZ2 looks, but what made it a fun game to test was knowing it wasn't gonna be a walk in the park (not with zombies runnin' at you in that park...lol).

As Johnny101 said, it's definitely a instabuy for me once it arrives in my AppStore. I advise all to do the same; if you have thoughts and suggestions, fortunately you have the awesome guys at F.M. who care for their customers/fans and will do all that they can to make us happy!

;)

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Hmm, particularly needing to conserve space, I'm going to have to think on this one. To be perfectly honest and I know I'm in the minority, I never was a big fan of the original. To me, it was unpolished with clunky controls and I didn't like the lack of freedom of movement.

That said, I know Foursaken has come a long way since then. Again, I'm in the minority, but I actually liked Dead Trigger gameplay wise. Would love to have a game that plays like DT but with a campaign. With the freedom of movement in this one, more polish graphically and, hopefully, better controls, I'm leaning towards getting it despite not liking the original.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One flaw i want to point out... Zombies can walk through each other. That means they can clump in front of you. Looks ugly when they do. They should have some collision detection on them for each other.

11. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I agree with this (except that part with Death Trigger - it sucks...)

But I don't care much about the graphics and the controls were good in NYZ 1. But since they added free movement in NYZ 2 it's and insta-buy for me.

12. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #52 WCFields, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    Perhaps we should create a thread, to add people with their gamecenter names for the multiplayer.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #53 Exact-Psience, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    I rather enjoy being an axe wielder (melee path) on this one, but to be honest, i think the utility skills on the defensive path look more useful.

But hey, I CLEAVE ZOMBIES. S'what matters. Not sure how i do it, but i use an axe with both hands, while managing to have my riot shield out :D

14. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Love this game. Cant't wait to buy it tonight and have iPhone 5 support.

15. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Is this a "feet locked in one spot just move a reticle around" type shooter or an actual FPS?

16. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Total free move this time around.

17. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Awesome, something to pick up tonight then! Not much of a fan of the first due to the restricted movement, this should be a blast now! Thanks!

18. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Well, if you try the game on Nightmare mode, you won't be moving freely for long :D

19. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hehe... Nightmare is definitely a mode for hardcore gamers only! :)

20. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Yes that is definetly hard. I haven't beaten nightmare yet but mark my words I will!