N.Y.Zombies (Final Trailer) -- Finally blow away HORDES of zombies in 1st person!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

No, you can't moove, but really, the game is still alot of fun, and I seriously mean that! I've probably played each level atleast 5 times and it's still fun! :)

2. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    Надоели уже зомби. Никакой фантазии что ли ?

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Translated: They've already made so many zombie games. They have no imagination whatsoever. (Just a guess, I used Babelfish and it came out weird, so I tried to make sense of it myself)

And it's definetly not like every other lame zombie game out there. This is a completely original game. Trust me, you'll never have that feeling of "Didn't I play this before". I can think of one game similar, Surroundead, but this game seems to blow that one out of the water in every aspect. I havn't played Surroundead, but after playing this I just don't need to.

4. Der-Kleine

А є люди, які, як зомбі ігри і люди, які не роблять. (Вибачте за, ймовірно, поганий переклад, але googletranslate не досконалий!)

Translation:

Well there are people who like Zombie games and people who don't.
    (sorry for the probably bad translation into Ukranian, but googletranslate isn't perfect!) ;)

5. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Woot I actually got pretty close! And I know absolutely noting about Russian!

And I second what you just said.

6. Der-Kleine

I agree, this game feels original (for me at least!)

And here is a verry usefull link: http://translate.google.com/ ;) :p

7. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#47 Foursaken_Media, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    To address a few concerns...

1. Movement issue: This was a conscious decision from the very start. If you are skeptical, I encourage you try the lite when its out, but you'll see that it would be almost impossible to keep the flavor of the game as it is now AND have movement. Right now there are probably 5 - 10x as many zombies out at once as in a game like COD (or the upcoming zombie infection from what it looks like). You will also be managing SIX weapons and abilities at a time... at the SAME time mind you. You would literally have to be a cyborg to be able to move, shoot, dodge and switch between all your weapons and abilities while fighting off zombies from every direction. We also felt that we can hit a broad audience with this setup. Its very easy to get into (without having to be a FPS pro), but there is LOTS of depth and intense action for the more experienced gamer. We are almost sure that if you give the lite a chance, you will be hooked ;) Also we didn't want to do "just another COD or RE clone"... we would be stupid to try to compete directly with those games that are already out and well established. We are definitely something different.

2. "Oh great, its just another zombie game." Again, we encourage you to try the lite when its out so that you can see that well... its not. Our core game play is totally unique and (we think) a lot of fun, that you will understand once you play the game. Zombies was a content decision we made over a year ago, before the zombie boom on the app store, and we stand by the fact that it is our GAME PLAY, not the fact that it has zombies in it, that makes it good.

8. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I agree. I never once felt bored playing this game! The levels in the Story Mode vary greatly throughout the game. Sometimes you are playing in an apartment, out on a city street, a moving subway car, or even in a cave (these are just a few examples- there are many more levels in the game). The enemies are also different throughout the game so you will have to use some strategy when deciding what weapons to buy and which ones to use on certain levels. This game is extremely well done! I have Surroundead and N.Y. Zombies has so MUCH MORE polish and depth to the game.

9. Der-Kleine

And you have a reason to try and finish the game: before each level there are like half a page - two pages of story in form of a diary. They are nicely written and make you want to finish the game and find out how the story ends.

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yeah the story ended up being a bigger part of the game then we thought :)

Also I just want to reiterate the strategy part of NYZ that i think is lacking in most shooters, and that might not be so apparent from the trailer...

For example, dark/night levels take away the use of your mini map, which you can counter-act using flares. Large enemies are very difficult to take down unless you use either stun weapons (flash bangs for ex), or slow reloading, but powerful weaponry like the rifle or rail gun; of course these weapons arent as well suited to taking down masses of weaker zombies. Mines and molotovs are great weapons for playing defensively, blocking off areas of an environment while you focus on others. Use the sniper rifle to pick off the powerful "Tumor zombies" which hang around in the back ranks; these guys will keep resurrecting dead zombies if not killed. These are just a few examples of some of the depth.

11. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Oh man is there strategy involved. Reloading guns, melee, hostages, night, etc. This game is very deep for such a simple concept.

12. Der-Kleine

Finally, I've finished the game on apocalypse mode! :) The ending of the story is... not exactly what I had expected! :p (The other time I finished the game the end of the story wasn't finished yet and not included in the beta!)

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Heh yeah we opted for a bit of a twist ;)

Also B34$T basically summed up exactly how NYZ is supposed to be... simple concept, easy to play, easy to get into, but with lots of depth, customization, and re playability.

14. Der-Kleine

A really cool thing with the endless mode is, that stuff can happen right in the middle of the level like this:

[​IMG]
    As you can see there is a plane that is crashing. Guess what happens after that! :p

15. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    sorry for asking, probably I missed it, but when is it going to be released? and what the price is going to be?

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

It will be released by the end of March. Pricing with be $1.99 sale at launch for a few days.

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    What wave was that? I never got that far... kept dying after wave 3... I havn't even beaten contained mode yet, so that pretty much is a testament to how terrible I am at this. Yet, I enjoy it every time I play it.

18. Der-Kleine

uh, I think that was wave 15! :eek:

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah... I'm not making it that far anytime soon. Better start practicing then... I want to be able to hold my own when people start playing this one online.

20. Chase007

Chase007 Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I need to practice too. :) My best is 9 minutes on endless mode.

I'm also a beta tester for this game. I can't recommend it enough. It's a great game! There is so much polish to the game, and so many different levels and weapons. It is soooo very addictive. Once you pick it up you just can't stop playing! :)