N.Y.Zombies (Final Trailer) -- Finally blow away HORDES of zombies in 1st person!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#61 Foursaken_Media, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    Hey, 9 minutes isn't bad ;) Plus you'll have an experience edge over everyone else once the game comes out.

Der-Kleine is going to be a legitimate threat to our best times soon :eek:

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

My current record is 33:02 mins! :p

3. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    This game looks deadly. Literally :)

Like Postal, but here Dude would be in heaven: nit only his enemies don't scream and have objections, but even the WANT to be killed.

Brutallity seem to be similar to Postal, so is the equipment. You did the right inspiring that game. Eventhough I have never been fan of this kind of shooters, You impressed me with polishement and graphic in this game.

Definately props, maybe I will take a closer look at this position in the AppStore as soon as it's out. Or more than "maybe".

Good job devs, keep it up. :)

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Holy crap!! Wow... that's just insane... I thought only the devs could pull that off... I gotta play more...

5. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Wow 33 minutes!:eek: I haven't gotten anywhere near that time!

6. Der-Kleine

when I died, these were the weapons I had equipped:

Desert Eagle (Pistol),Dualclip Uzi, Railgun, Grenades, Minse and the Healthpack.

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks Jarek for the feedback :)

And wow... I'm impressed Der-Kleine. Yes looks like you found out that med-pack is just about a NECESSITY for endless, and packing ALL weapons is not the best idea ;) Definitely a good load out. Though for my final load out I prefer desert eagle, rifle, rail gun, flash bangs, brain bomb and med pack :p

8. Der-Kleine

don't use the rifle, use the uzi instead! also exchange flashbangs with grenades and the brainbomb with mines! :p

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Haha, well I use flash bangs to buy me time for the long reloads of all my heavy weapons. With this setup I can blow away the "big boys" really easily and brain bomb can wipe out half a map in one shot ;) Just have to be very careful not to get overwhelmed...

10. blake

blake Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Just from you guys talking about it, I want this game even more. So excited for the end of March lol.

11. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    You should be.

And I just made it to 7:30 or so in survival. And Iiust realized that it's more about buying new guns. What were your best strategies? I start every round by upgrading my pistol since I want that Desert Eagle and buying a medpack. Then I would alternate between buying a weapon like a shotgun or Uzi and buying health and medpacks.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

:) :) Glad to hear it blake!

Some basic strategy to get started in endless...
    1. With your first $1000 I would strongly suggest another weapon, though you should be able to manage with upgrading pistol
    2. Get med pack pretty quickly... since you can re use this its the best way to keep your health up -- this is probably one of the only "necessities" in endless, though you might want to hold off equipping this until you are damaged
    3. Buying health upgrades (max health upgrades) will also replenish the amount of health it raises your max... so if you get heavily damaged on a level, buy some health!
    4. Get at least 1 pistol upgrade ASAP! This will lower the hits it takes to kill normal zombies from 4 to 3. Also by the 3rd or 4rth upgrade, you will be able to zoom in and kill zombies in 2 hits.
    5. If you find yourself getting overwhelmed on a certain wave, try flash bangs or seismic charge. Seismic charge knocks down ALL enemies on the map, allowing you to blow them away on the ground and get some breathing room. Flash bangs are a great weapon to keep the giant on wave 5 from getting to you so quickly while you clean up the regular zombies... it also gives you time to reload all your weapons if you happen to exhaust all of your equipment at once.
    6. Experiment with new weapons! Me and two of the other devs (and mark ;) use completely different load outs. Its just a matter of finding a good combination and what you feel comfortable with ;)
    7. Remember the waves you die on or have a hard time beating (you can check your "best wave" in achievements), and equip accordingly. For example are you dying by the giant on wave 5? (equip rifle and maybe rail gun to take him down quicker), or are you dying by all the zombies around you? (equip seismic charge or brain bomb for mass zombies)
    8. Try to get 6 weapons and abilities before you start upgrading too much (apart from that first pistol upgrade)
    9. Don't forget about the passive upgrades... maxed out kevlar vest allows you to take serious punishment, and the ammo upgrades are pretty key too (though I wouldn't get these until later)

Haha whew... longer then I wanted it to be ;) That should at least get you started! I better see you in the top 10 soon hehe

13. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I can see some of my errors now. I tried to upgrade the pistol completely before buying weapons and it just wasn't working for me. I should also note that I was using flashbangs and probably would have died sooner had it not been for said flashbangs. I wasn't buying weapons much other than a lvl 1 shotgun and uzi, and while helpful, I think they needed some slight upgrading. I bought the medpack immediately since it's cheap and used it whenever I got hurt as it healed a small amount, and I needed it to recharge as soon as possible.

14. Der-Kleine

I would actually get the sniper before wave 1 with the 1000$ you have at the start, because at the beginning it's pretty usefull.

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

That's the good part -- you can customize your weapon set depending on what you like ;)

And yeah Somerandomdude, I would wait to really start upgrading your weapons until you have at least 4 weapons/abilities... but most of the time I would go ahead and fill all your equipment slots first (except for the first pistol upgrade).

16. drewyoshida

drewyoshida Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    none
    Massachusetts
    When is it coming out?

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#77 Foursaken_Media, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    It will be out by the end of the month

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Before we release the game we would like to open up discussion on the icon as well... ANY feedback on this would be great... as the icon along with screen shots, are probably the 2 most important factors in getting people interested in a game on the app store.

Icon
    [​IMG]

We would love to know how people think our current icon looks... Right now it blends into the background of the springboard so it looks pretty nice in our opinion. But do you think its too plain? Like to see something different? Most importantly, would you be interested/curious enough to check the game out if you saw the icon in the app store?

19. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I'm getting anyway but I would have to see the icon on the springboard to really tell.

20. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#80 Foursaken_Media, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    K good idea, I'll get a screenshot of the springboard itself in a sec...