NanoMechs Core [FREE Multiplayer Online Shooter]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Theorian, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theorian

Theorian Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Hawaii
    LOL! :D that's awesome! you forgot name...

What about killing sprees!?

2. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah my suggestion for Single Player was the the number of kills per match, but you would need a high score chart for each level because some are easier than other.

I'm not sure how you should do online, it doesn't need to be extremely complex, but it needs the basics. I would rather you just start small, get it out there, then work on adding all the crazy stuff only some people really care about.

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

but on a more serious note, how about for online you have 2 highscore lists: longest kill streak (without dying) and kill to death rating

4. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    You also need a total kills list, that way we could see the guy with the most frags (and free time :p) is.

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yeah, three online scoreboards and 4 offline scoreboards (one per map)

6. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah I think that would be great, but I'm not the developer.

7. Theorian

Jul 23, 2009
    Hawaii
    Sounds great, may just have to do it... and soon. What about a realtime chat lobby, accessible online and on the device. In match chat would interfere so please don't suggest that, we are thinking emotes that can generally portrait your point.

I was thinking of announcing in game that you have a fragging spree if all the frags are one after the other, then adding those as rankings in the leader boards too.

8. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    That would be an excellent idea, can't wait. Seems a lot of people want that, it would also be cool to have access from my PC as well.

9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i know! i was fraggin you all holiday! of course i know you! :D

10. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah we've IMd :D You're pretty good, when I play you it's normally a good match and we've both won a bunch.

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yeah, we're actually quite well matched!

12. Theorian

Jul 23, 2009
    Hawaii
    The only way for you to truly know the truth of the POWER of eachothers kung-fu... is... with nicely implemented online leader boards...

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

whataaaaa!

and im asian. so i pwn at kung fu even if i've never learnt it; it's in my blood! :D

14. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Let's get this back on topic :)

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yeah...

*cough*

16. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    You know, I might just take a second look at this on No DPad if I can find the time. I bought this game a long time ago, before I was writing for any site, but now I feel like I should give it some coverage. My writing schedule's jam packed, but Theorian, I just want to let you know that it's on my radar and list of things to do. A lot of our readers might enjoy it too.

17. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah it's really improved with the three new levels and with online play, it's definitely one of those underrated games on the App Store that deserves more coverage.

18. Theorian

Jul 23, 2009
    Hawaii
    We greatly appreciate your interest and time, as it seems that NanoMechs is a decent game that has gotten very little coverage. Albert from NoDPad did contact me right when the update was released, we were hoping to hear more from him but haven't. Anyhow we're confident many people will enjoy NanoMechs if they could only get their hands on it and play a solid online match. I hope your readers will love NanoMechs as much as we do. NanoMechs really does so well at delivering a level of excitement not usually achieved by many iPhone games.

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop!

19. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I'll talk to Albert about this. I'll let you know.

20. Theorian

Jul 23, 2009
    Hawaii
    Great, Thank you! It sounded like he really wanted to do something for NanoMechs, but couldn't due to circumstances.