NBA Live 10

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TonyR, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm with Squirt on this one...click on your screen name and review your past posts. Darn near every one has an excessive and annoying use of hahahahahahahahaha in them. It's to the point where I try not to read any of your posts, because I find it so distracting. I tried making this point before, and my post was deleted, so this one might be too, but I'm just trying to point out some forum etiquette, not be hateful.

2. frogtorch

frogtorch Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Patience, little buckaroos. This will be released sooner or later. When it is, it's game on.

3. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    ok you win, i ain't gonna fight anymore like others do,LOL (LOL=hahahaha)
    sorry for those things,it's just i'm used including those especially in my text messages,
    ok,from now on i'll try to limit it
    is it ok now?

eniweiz,i'm very excited with this game because i love basketball games
    and i want to play an acceptable game on the road
    coz i don't have PSP,i'm poor, hahahahah....oops,sorry,LOL

4. TonyR

TonyR Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Apple S/O - Seville Vendor
    Austin
    Finally some NBA Live Screen shots, maybe it does exist after all.
    EA released the first screenshots for their upcoming NBA Live game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The game is described as delivering the "most realistic 5-on-5 action" for the iPhone platform. Features include:

Real NBA rosters
    30 NBA teams
    82-game Season mode, Exhibition mode, Playoff mode
    Virtual analog stick to control the game.
    15 music tracks from artists such as Matt and Kim, Snoop Dogg and Xzibit.
    Announcer Marv Albert

5. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Since NBA Live 10 is now officially inevitable, I'm just waiting on Gameloft to release their version unannounced. With them, you never know. It might pop up tonight or the next day.

6. pingtrip77

pingtrip77 Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Finally!

:) Quite glad 2 c some screen shots.....! Thanks! Game looks like it can use a bit of tweaking in the graphics dept. But, it's workable, and besides, game play is of most importance...Guess we won't find out till it's released. I'm excited.

7. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    No one posted them yet, so here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #88 dannys95, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  9. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Thanks for posting the vid man. I really wanted to see this game in action, and now that I have, I have to say that it looks pretty impressive considering it's the first full 5-on-5 basketball game for the iDevice.

I'm guessing that that was a floating joystick, which is why it appeared to be obstructing the view of the screen at times. I think a floating joystick is a good idea BTW (especially for an NBA game), but there should definitely be an option to have it fixed in the corner. One important thing that appears to be missing is a "dribble moves" button. I realize this is a very limited version of NBA Live, but at least have a basic crossover/spin-move button. If it turns out that there's no button to do moves, then i'm gonna have to think twice about getting this (and i'm a huge basketball fan who's been waiting for a real iDevice b-ball game).

10. pingtrip77

pingtrip77 Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Oh my god! I take my comments back on the graphics. It looks amazing on this vid. And the gameplay looks great. Judging from this vid, I would have to say that NBA LIVE 10 could possibly be the best sports game for the iphone to date. When I buy this, I may erase FIFA and Madden from my device all together because NBA will probably take up most of my mobile game time. EA, u guys r brilliant...! :)

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yeah the game looks crazy when it's actually in your hands. It's really beyond me why EA sends out these packs of screenshots with jpeg compression straight out of 1996.

12. pingtrip77

pingtrip77 Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Yep, I got my fingers crossed on the dribble moves as well. Hopefully we can get some confirmation on that aspect of gameplay.

13. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Yeah seriously, anybody who's a fan of basketball/basketball games knows how important it is (offensively) to be able to get yourself open with some dribble moves. That basically dictates the whole offensive flow of the game. Once you blow by a defender with a quick move, you then have the option of either taking your own shot, or dishing the ball to an open teammate for a different shot. Good ball-movement can get you shots from time to time, but the only way to consistently score is to collapse the defense with some quick dribble moves.

Honestly, I don't think i'll get this if there are no dribble moves. There's no fun in just running around bumping into defenders and hoping you somehow get open enough to take a decent shot. Then again, EA's record with the difficulty of their sports games on the iDevice hasn't been good thus far. NBA Live could turn out to be another 'cheese-fest' like Madden or Tiger Woods.

14. TonyR

TonyR Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Austin
    #94 TonyR, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    Not too shabby

Gotta kinda agree with you on that, I didn't see any type of "juke, crossover" button on the screen. It does add a bit of fLaVoR to the modern game. Also seems as if you want to sprint down court you almost have to drag your finger across half the screen. BUT, I realize that it is ultimately just an iPod application and with that in mind I think it's gonna be great. And on EAs defence, it's the first attempt at a real NBA game so it's pretty good. Sets the bar for future releases from other developers. Very very glad it's on it's way, been waiting for a while now.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Just wait until it comes out before getting too down on the game, they made it very clear what we were playing was still a work in progress. :)

16. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

Mehh...I've never been a real fan of basketball, but if the reaction after it comes out is positive, I'll give it a shot.

17. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Ima gt this and nova

18. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    that's the way i like it,aha aha
    this is my most awaited game for my iPhone since it was announced
    and now i saw it in action and looks so great,good job EA
    but maybe they consider my controls idea,if no dribble thing,it gameplay may suffer
    but i'm still hoping on EA

19. TonyR

TonyR Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Austin
    I may have overlooked it in previous replys but is there a definate release date yet for this?

20. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    No, "This fall"