iPad Necrorun

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 18, 2011.

1. rann

rann Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    I'd like a code, pls. Thanks!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    damn...

well... like the person above me... if you've got another, I'd love one...

3. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Any new music? I've been craving for new tracks! :D

Nice looking flying thing by the way! Just hope that it could be controlled without accelero, since it tends to not work when holding the device at weird angles...

4. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    #24 flameon, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    Wow this game is beautiful, it would help if its retina with all this pixel art. Pretty nice artworkr and the music isnt bad either. ;)

Edit: Add gamecenter too please.

5. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I have sent 5 promo codes to the first repliers. Sorry if you didn't get one this time.

gunxsword, and everyone else, we are keeping track of all your feedback. Please keep posting. And if you have anything you would like to see in the game on future updates let us know as well.

And remember, now that death can fly, the sky is the limit.

6. rann

rann Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    #26 rann, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
    I'd like one, pls. Thanks!

Edit: Oops, I read wrongly. I thought you have another 5 codes to give way. Sorry.

7. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I want an option to remove tutorial. It's annoying to play through the long tut (in terms of endless runners) everytime I close the app off the multi-task bar.

Biggest complaint from me is still the hovering body/head of defeated jostling knights. They just hang in midair and hover out of the screen... This looks bad because it defies gravity.

The falling boulders in latter levels may fall just a little bit too fast... very hard to react in time, and worst of all, they tend to fall right on top of 'death' and doesn't give any warnings at all. I know there needs to be some 'stuff' that can kill the player but I can't help but feel it induces a bit of 'cheap death'. Dunno how other players think of it though.

More environments! Your goal is to have more environments than Monster Dash! It would be great to randomize the levels a bit, as in the order they come in so the player won't have to go through the barren cliffs -> marshy grass area -> snow in order every time.

Recommendations:
    1. More hazards/obstacles! I mean, why not? Or even better, more 'harmless stuff' to kill, like the 'leeper' and falcons.
    2. On the topic of environments, how bout some more gothic environments? Eg. (preferably run down) castle, ruins, graveyard, dark forest with 'blue flames'. Well I guess you should just read Dracula and port every environment over into this game :D
    3. How bout more modes? Like a pure jostling mode just for the fun of it.

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i would like a code if possible...

thanks!

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    thanx for the impressions... might have to pick this one up... =oD

10. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    A very (at least graphically) well-done endless runner. If nothing else, this game is worth getting for it's excellent art style. The gameplay is not as engaging as I'd like, but it's decent enough. Also, as gunxsword mentions, there are a couple technical issues there as well. I personally don't see what's so great about the sound, but... Apparently everyone else likes it. =)

For $1? If you like pixel art, get it.

11. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    Yeah, there's not much Gabrien and gunxsword haven't covered!
    I agree with gunxsword about the tutorial, it does get old, but I really don't have a problem with the knight/helmet issue, it reminds me of some old ninja/samurai anime, the slo-motion finish attack, when everything just hangs in midair while the sword is slicing though....that's how I see it.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah,you guys have convinced me to buy it... can't wait to really get into it...

don't have time tonight, but tomorrow... I'm all over this one! =oD

13. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    the music is like whats played at a funeral, hence death, but with a more medley flavor.

14. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    no universal? :( don't want stretched pixel art on iPad
    but on a lighter note, game looks really nice

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Can't sleep, decided to turn try this out, and wow! I love the graphics! The attacking mechanics are pretty sweet too...

Might end up playing this instead of Spooky Hoofs from now on... =oD

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    so I'm enjoying this endless runner quite a bit... but one thing that really bugs me is that every time I restart the game, I need to go through the tutorial... any chance that can be fixed in an update?

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    You have a nasty habit of making me want to buy games. Stop getting so many! You're going to empty my wallet too! ;)

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #38 syntheticvoid, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    lol... yeah, sorry... I managed to get a raise at work... so I've been goin a little crazy lately... =oP

If it makes it any better... I think I'm going to stick with Spooky Hoofs for the time being... I just lvoe the power-up mechanics of it... even though it has huge load times... =oP

I really don't like going through the tutorial every time I start this up... and I think it needs some more mechanics...

However, I really do like the scoring system in Necrorun... the combos are great, and the attack mechanics are still pretty sweet. =oP

So I'm picking Spooky Hoofs over Necrorun, but it's close... =oD

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #39 awp69, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    Well, I don't have Spooky Hoofs either. So, no, that doesn't make it better. :(

It's probably a good thing that I have a 2G because I definately would have had jAggy Race in my hands already based on your comments (not to mention a number of other 3GS and up apps over the past few weeks).

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. This games looks pretty sweet too.

Send some of that raise my way....

20. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    I've made a 5 star review in U.S. AppStore @speed4mee :)

Great artwork
    Great artwork of a endless runner mixed with atmospheric music and sound makes a very good gameplay. Many a surprises on the road awaits you.
    Riding until death is your goal.
    For the coming update i wish a fully game center integration with achievements.

A big compliment to the developer for this artful game!