iPad Necrorun

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Josh99

Josh99 New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    awesome game. Loved it. Just hate the random saving of stats and random speed of score. Also for such a game missing high scores are real disadvantage. But loved the concept and music.

2. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As death marches forward from the outskirts to civilization, more heroes join the knight's struggle for immortality.

Meet the archer.

He can fire arrows from a long distance, even before appearing on the screen.
    The archer can be on the ground, or shooting down from the top of a platform like mountains or ancient ruins.

Death can move out of the way, or avoid the attack with a feature that is not ready yet to be revealed.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    woohoo!!! sounds/looks cool... hope to see more additions in the future too... =oD

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    How bout giving Death more attacks that specifically counter different enemies? I'm thinking of a knight with shield that can only be killed with a downward slash attack executed with a downwards swipe on the screen. Slash attack should have more horizontal range but shorter reach than your standard stab. Think this will make it into the game?

Oh and this awesome game gets better everytime you devs post :D

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    This game has some of the best graphics, stylistically, that I've seen in a long while. The music is also right on pitch. I also really love the quotes that are laced into the beginnings of each run and the loose story that you seen at the beginning of the game. In short, presentation is a 10/10 here.

Gameplay is good in that there is something different from your everyday endless runner--the ability to pinpoint your attack--and the combo-based scoring system offers something with a lot of variety. The game could use more segments thrown into the mix, however, as once your progress plateaus it gets a little less interesting. I think a lot of people might give up on this one before finding the later environment(s?) because for the first 6,000 m or whatever, it feels a bit samey.

The one grievous problem is the lack of any integration of a social high score service. Game Center would increase the replayability dramatically, for me at least.

Excellent game though, for those who'll enjoy the theme and presentation, and/or like endless runners.

6. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    #46 Lethegames, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

Nothing new to show at this time, as everything else is still a work in progress, so I decided to show the new graphics for the trees and stones resting nicely on a platform.

We decided to change them and add an emotionless face because it fits the theme of the game, where nature stands against death with the knights, as if it had a will of its own.

[​IMG]

Also, the previous cap of 3 active enemies was changed. This caused a "problem" where sometimes nothing would spawn at a platform, making the game less interesting at the beginning when death rides slower.

Now we could have 30 lepers on a platform running at a good FPS. I doubt you will ever see a leper parade in the game, but it is nice knowing that it is possible.

edit: you will be able to disable the tutorial when the expansion is released.

7. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Winged Knight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Winged Knight utilizes a mechanical apparatus that lets him soar through the air, and challenges death to a duel in the skies.

The Knight will quickly dodge and counter attack all Death's moves. Charging him too hastily will most of the times result in Death losing the duel.

In order to beat this Knight, Death must react to his actions and attack at the right moment.

8. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
  9. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Hopefully, in about a month.

10. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    #50 Lethegames, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    Necrorun 2.0

[​IMG]

Necrorun's first expansion is coming out sometime tomorrow! (26 january)

Lots of new and different enemies and powers to unlock. It feels like a whole new game.

The expansion is free for those who already own Necrorun.

To celebrate, we are handing out 5 promo codes for the current game. Reply to this thread asking for one and I will PM it to you.

You'll have to use them before the expansion hits the store or they will not be valid anymore.

In return, we ask for you to update Necrorun to the 2.0 version once its online, and give us some feedback.

Enjoy it.

11. rann

rann Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    I'd like one, pls. Thanks! :)

12. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I'd love one thanks!!

13. goonjamin

goonjamin Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    I'd love a code too :)

14. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Finally, ive been waiting for this update :D whats in it?

15. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Three different stages, that add more enemy types progressively and powers to unlock.

There are mercenaries, archers, peasants, winged knights and more things I won't mention so I don't spoil any surprises.

You can collect lifeless shards to unlock Death's powers. You get [max kills] x [max combo] shards for each game session you play.

And of course, once you unlock Dragonform you can fly up and down, left and right as you please.

16. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Sweet, i enjoy surprises.. How about gamecenter?

17. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    No online highscores yet.

As I said a few months ago, I'm making Necrorun with Flash, which then ports it to iOS and Android format, and that is something very new and at the time there was no way to make gamecenter or openFeint work with Necrorun.

However, some people already began making extensions to allow us to use gamecenter with Adobe Flash.

I have to take a look on them now and test them myself.

18. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Been waiting for this one :D

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I played this game a lot before. I forgot about it when i reset my ipod long time back. Good thing there's an update, now i should be able to get my hands on it again.

Online Leaderboards should be a priority IMO. It's what makes the game competitive letting players play more to raise their ranks.

Oh... and little tidbits... Letting yourself drop off a ledge/cliff has bad physics as if gravity got a x100 boost. lol.

Also, another layer of background i believe can give a lot more depth to the visuals.

The art style is retro perfect, and the controls are tight. An update is more than welcome and needed to get this monster of a mini-game another waltz. Cheers.

20. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Actually Exact-Psicence, I recall making changes to how the horse falls between platforms like you described. But it was so long ago I can't be sure. I'll look into the older version and compare. Anyway, in case I already made some changes and if you still feel that the gravity looks strange once you try the expansion, would be great to hear it back from you again.

I guess everyone is sleeping at this hour, but if there is anyone out there, I still got 2 codes to give away.