Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    What cars are worth having and why?

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You also earn 5,000 SP for each friend added via Origin.

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #543 Rip73, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    It's beatable all right. I have gold on it a good few times but it is not easy, I'll grant you that.
    The cops do influence the result. If the opponent gets too far ahead of you, the cops concentrate on you. If you stay close to the other car, the cops harass him as well which give you the opportunity to overtake and nitro away.
    That's about the best I can recommend. Stay as close to your opponent as possible and in the spots where the cop cars pull on to the road, position your car beforehand so that your opponent is between you and the cop and he'll end up harassed by them.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #544 Rip73, Nov 4, 2012
    Check some of the previous pages, there's a few lists and comments about different cars worth having.
    Sorry, I'd post the list again but no time right now. The last ten or so pages have some good info and tips from different players.
    Page 44 and 47 in particular have car lists. Page 50 and 51 as well.
    Its not for each single origin friend player, its for getting 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 and then for each three that you get up to 25.
    On the main menu screen of the game, click the icon that looks like a head and shoulders (not the shampoo), and all the required achievements are in there and what you need to do to get them and what ones you've got. Drifting for certain distances, speeds, friends added, cars bought, races achieved bronze, silver or gold and so on.

5. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    #545 Paul202, Nov 4, 2012
    Okay, what car/mods do you reccomend? I am hardly ever able to get close to the 1st place guy, save the 1 time out of 50 that he hit the tire spikes.

EDIT: YES, FINALLY!!!!!! I got first place. Your advice worked, and to anybody that also has problems with this race, I reccomend using the acceleration mod. This helped me get up to the 2nd place position, and thorough luck I got first place! In the meantime I got $300,000 from grinding that race so much, and I am saving up for the Aventador/ NFS Tuned car. BTW, does anybody know if the previous NFS Tuned car will dissapear once a new one arrives?

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #546 Rip73, Nov 4, 2012
    Which race was it again? And I'll go and check.

Edit, oops you beat me to it, didn't see the edit. Congrats.

On the NFS tuned car, it has a number of days available so I'd guess it will change every week and eventually recycle around once the top one is available for a week, then go back to the delta and cycle around again.
    It seems like there will be a total of seven available over time.

7. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Ah, I see, I didn't know it worked like that. Thanks for the info.

8. Estagmar

Estagmar Member

Oct 8, 2012
    YES! ... Finally, gold on the (f****) Bugatti race (sorry, i had to share my joy)
    I used the tires and top speed mods. (Almost always use that on exotic cars, works great)

9. Jasonv2

Jasonv2 Active Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I see what you mean, kinda cheap how they allow people to do that. I'm only playing this on the iphone and I will have to do a ton of work to unlock the higher tier cars. I'll need to do a bunch of random achievements till I can make that 150k SP. lol I see I can also get SP from buying cars, I'll have to grind to start buying them.

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    So SP is shared across devices? I'm playing on phone and pad and seem to be progressing separately on each. Event progression and cars bought are not sharing across devices. Should they be? Only SP shares through Origin?

11. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Is it just me or are the Hot Ride races freaking frustrating? It takes skill not to touch the edges, but if you do you have a very light, minor penalty. Now if a cop car decides to simply stop in front of yours, not only will you lose all speed but you'll also be granted a ridiculous 2-3 seconds penalty, which means instant restart in my case.
    And I'd like to know, fellow americans, are the cops in the US really able to bump your rear while you're driving 340kmh+ ? (211mph)

Really hope they'll do something to fix the IA and the takedown thingy.

This is not gamebreaking but the game would only be much better.

12. razvanrazy

razvanrazy Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    This is a very frustrating problem of the game. And if you could fix another small issue that i found. Please add a progression percent for each race, so that we can know how much remains.

13. Estagmar

Estagmar Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Indeed, the Hot Rides are freaking frustrating haha ... I've been able to complete all of them and the key for me (besides practice) has been always use the nitro u have (sounds silly but many times one stops paying attention and the nitro has been full for some seconds, and every second counts) BUT make sure to leave just enough to get away fast whenever there is a cop close ... And for the Bugatti Hot race, dont take the first shortcut, is worse.

Origin username: Estagmar

14. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    What do you mean, "the first shortcut?" I have been trying to get gold in that race for a long time.

15. noel916

noel916 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    On the top left it tells you how many miles are left

16. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    The sound of Pagani sounds like a symphony to my ears :D
    In generally the car sounds are some of the better (if not the best) i have hear in iOS racing games!

17. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #557 Bytebrain, Nov 4, 2012
    I think this is a great racing game, but it really is let down tremendously by the Hot Rides.
    I've been trying to complete the Hot Ride with the Agera R for hours, and spend I don't know how much money on mods, and I just can't complete it. Never mind gold, I just want bronze to unlock the next stages of the game.

Now, I was shaking my head earlier by the iAP discussion, but now I'm of the mind, that it's for iAP purposes these races are so hard.

Come on, when I do eventually complete the race, I will have spend way, way more on mods than the puny amount I get for a Bronze medal...

I really hate this aspect of the game. It's not even about skill, it's about luck.
    I've had a couple of almost perfect races, drifted around every corner, boosted on the stretches, only to have a cop car ramming me from behind, where I can't see it and destroyed the run.
    There's no rearview mirrors, so I don't stand a chance.

And the fact that they give a time penalty on top of the seconds you lose by ramming into a jackknifeing truck or oncoming car is rubbing salt in the wound.

It's too bad, because without this iAP pushing, it would have been the best racer on iOS, by a mile.

If EA don't want to give us more time on the Hot Rides, at least don't let them get in the way of opening the rest of the stages. That's what really is pissing me off...

18. noel916

noel916 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    How do we race other people?

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    There's no MP.

20. Estagmar

Estagmar Member

Oct 8, 2012
    In the Bugatti race there are two shortcuts (i consider the second one the jump before the end of the race), and after playing in it many times and getting 1:08:50 decided not to use the first one and saved a little time (i guess because u dont have to turn to take it and so u preserve speed) ... Maybe is a really small difference but thats how i won it.
    Good luck!

(Remeber what i said about the nitro, even if the Bugatti is stupidly fast, use the nitro to make it go even more supidly fast :p ... Make sure u use the mods i mentioned (top speed and tires) so u can make the turns perfectly without loosing speed)