Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    All that kinda runs it...:(

2. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    I assume you meant the 5G, and if you are a hardcore iOS gamer with no other devices, it is worth it. I would get one but I have an iPad 2, so I don't need it.

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Great game, but more and more it feels like Mario Kart at times.
    The police isn't so much a thrill to me, but more of an annoyance that ruins the party never knowing if you will win or not. Even if you are in front.
    This reminds of Mario Kart gameplay, were it is not only down to skill but also very much to luck. And then some more luck.

4. iosgaming

iosgaming Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Am I missing something or is there no *real* main menu? No option to end your career and start a newa one, no chance of running several profiles?

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    There is an option to reset your progress and start over in the settings but you keep nothing but SP.
    And isn't starting a new career just redoing the races all over again so why would you want a new career option when you won't have all the cars on one play through?
    Not every game has multiple profile options anyway.
    In this you're profile is essentially your origin login so if you wanted separate profiles, you could use separate origin log ins. That again would only relate to your SP and I'm not sure how it would relate to cash won and cars bought

6. iosgaming

iosgaming Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Oh thanks. Placement and (german) name of the reset are a bit misleading. Thought that only the settings itself are gonne be resetted.

I find this question a bit strange. ;)

I am restarting games for 30 years know, so why should I NOT feel the urge to do it here? Sure, a new game wouldn't be much different, nevertheless for ME it is a big flaw. Maybe two people want to play at the same time with their own profile? And without logging in to origin? IMO it should be natural for EVERY game to let different people start their own game without logging in to any service or sth.

Bad enough.

7. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It is also missing a quickplay option!
    You can only replay "story" races.
    But what is the point to race an early race with a high- end car when your competitors don't scale up?
    That is a real oversight and I didn't expect that from a great dev that Firemint once was.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Great dev that firemint once was? What are you smoking?

9. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #629 amusing Grace, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    I'm not saying, that they are bad now.
    But pretty graphics are not everything.
    Their releases before the EA acquisition were full of attention to details and lacked IAP. Both Real Racing editions had quickplay and multiplayer, things that matter to me. I don't see a reason why it's not included here.
    So, for me, they are on a decline as their focus seems to have shifted to pretty graphics. Let's see how their upcoming releases pan out.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I never said pretty graphics were everything. But for what it is, an arcade racer, it knocks the competition out of the park easily. I'm not talking graphics here. And I'm not talking about a quickplah option, either (though there is an "easydrive" button that will direct you to the next event). I'm talking about physics, handling, variety of cars and design of tracks. The music. The cops. The crash damage. It all blends together to make for the best arcade racer on iOS, bar none.

11. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Ahem ....maybe you should read my post that you replied to originally

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Don't multiple profiles require a profile log in anyway?

And a new career is essentially the reset progress option anyway, just termed differently.
    And my point was really that wouldn't you want all the cars anyway before starting a new career? Which the reset option will allow you do.

13. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    There are no flaws in this logic.

14. Dan't Ponic

Dan't Ponic Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
    #634 Dan't Ponic, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    MESSAGE TO ELECTRONIC ARTS

About everything that has been said of this game, we must recognize that in fact there is an undeniable evolution as to the other NFS titles.
    Undoubtedly consider an epic game, which I intend to never delete from my iPhone.
    But some adjustments need to be made and perhaps not primarily about operational details and yes as the gameplay.
    The difficulty of the hot ride events is something that just ruined this game.
    When you beat those events you simply have no desire to playing them because they are much more difficult than other events.
    So... The fun is replaced by frustration every time you can not beat him, by details.
    There is no reason for a high level of difficulty. It compromises the whole game
    I think 4 or 5 of my victories in the hot ride was pure luck, and not skill...

:eek:

15. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #635 defred34, Nov 6, 2012
    By saying hot rides are difficult, do you mean difficult to get bronze or gold?

16. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    #636 SatriaNeoCPS, Nov 6, 2012
    Man..hot ride is easy.u can score bronze=)
    Gold is for elite racer only.
    By the way which hotride is difficult?
    Because i scored all gold w/out luck but my skill and timing.

17. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    When I could play the game, i got close to the end of the game, without ever getting less the gold, after maybe one or two restarts sometimes.

Then my iPod predictably kicks in and I can't open the app.

Just sayin, i didn't find anything very difficult.

18. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Great game, the Need for Speed series is a must have for me. Not fond of the "mods" tho. Consumables in a racing game? I prefer permanent upgrades a lot.

19. Dan't Ponic

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
    gold

20. Dan't Ponic

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
    but i want gold... not bronze!
    Gold is for elite racer? What elite racer???????
    All hotrides are "not easy"!
    gold without luck?

I have a challenge for you...
    Choose a hotride and win five consecutive gold.
    Impossible!

Any other event I won five consecutive!