Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Actually that challenge is quite easy. Maybe it can't be done on the Bugatti one but it certainly can be done easily on any other one.
    Anyway, any game with no level of difficulty or challenge is simply dull and boring and not worth playing.

2. Dan't Ponic

Dan't Ponic Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
    OK! Rip agreed... but

In hot rides you have to count on luck...
    Sometimes you do a perfect race and a curve or truck disrupts the entire race.
    Boring is can not miss once in a race!

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    ^This... I love the difficulty curve here... I'm trying 4-5 times to take the gold in some stages and after winning the feeling is superb!!! Of course there is some times that you say ''hey why police don't harm the opponents as much as me'' etc. but don't forget that this is an arcade racer not a sim...
    I need 5 more golds to complete everything and till now i don't feel that there is a stage that is unbeatable.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yes and you're right, there is a luck element in some races but therein lies the challenge.
    The cop AI will do everything they can to mess up you're lap and you might hit a bump wrong.
    But that's the challenge. Simply racing around and outrunning the cops with no effort would be boring.

And I totally get your frustration and relate as a couple of events caused me great issues and one still does.
    But it is the events where I'm not guaranteed to get gold (and there are two of em for me in particular) are the ones I keep going back to in order to be challenged.

If that challenge isn't there, I tend to give up on something pretty fast. I can't see that happening here.

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Perhaps it's just you.

It's not that hard. Even if it was, that's a good thing. Nothing bores me faster than an easy game

6. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    +1 I agree

7. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I'm only with the MP412C. Got 60 silvers, and 55 golds. The final 5 golds seem very elusive...damn. Mods etc don't help. Is it because the MP412C is slightly underpowered to win the final few challenges with a gold?

8. Dan't Ponic

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
    #648 Dan't Ponic, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    FINALLY!

Hot Ride Gold medal
    1 day and half for a gold medal...

That's what I'm talking about ...

Never more in my life I play this particular race because it angered!
    What was supposed to be pleasurable became repudiation...

UFA!

9. Anyone have both the ipad 4 and old new ipad? Does this game run any better on the ipad 4 in regards to framerates and added effects?

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I know this thread is for the ios game, so please don't shoot me for generating a little bit of conversation out of curiosity.

Does anyone own boththe ios version and the Ps3 or Vita version? What do ou loe about the console version, what do you have difficulty with? Any idea how to add friends in the Vita version? I have many friends now through Origin, and I am logged in to Origin for both consoles, but can't see anywhere where I can add or access friends (i notice that I have not received any of the achievements for adding friends in the Vita version, so obviously my Origin friends are not counting towards this achievement).

I love finding all the security gates and breaking through all the billboards - love the jumps needed from building to building or from an art sculpture or cliff through a billboard. I love how you can instantly rejoin a race or switch to a car you have found. Multiplayer has so many achievements and unlocks regarding each car which I only just came across last night - opens so much more to the game!

For the ios version, is there any race that has less curves that would be easier to do the three mile drift on?

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It's underpowered to win the last few. You need an Aventador or higher.

12. Dan't Ponic

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica

or higher? :confused:

Can you be a little more specific?

;)

This information will help me in the near future...

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, if you're going to aim for a high end exotic, the Pagani is the one to aim for.

The Aventador is the best handling car in the game.
    The Bugatti is the fastest but the jittery handling annoys me.
    Haven't used the Koenigsegg much so can't say.
    But the Pagani has a good mix of handling and speed that is close to the max cars of each ability.

14. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Seems like you had some trouble.

I didn't.

It's not the game, my friend. It's you. Just sayin

15. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    #655 Paul202, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    I think that sometimes, it is the game. For example I find the Veyron Hot Ride to be almost impossible on gold,and I have yet to complete it.

16. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Well, he's not alone. I've had serious troubles with many of the hot rides too. I like a challenge, but sometimes in this game it gets ridiculous, not so in any of their other games I've played, and I've played them all, bar the latest console edition of Most Wanted.

I think it's due to the lousy controls on the iPad version of the game. Yes, I said lousy, at least compared to other racers on the iOS, including both Firemints earlier games and the previous NFS games.

I'm not talking about getting Gold on the hot rides, just bronze.

17. Dan't Ponic

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica

I would not call trouble!

If I can not beat the next Hot Rides... (gold medal).
    I send my iPhone to you by FedEx.
    You win for me and sends to me back.
    I'm not perfect and you seem to be!

:D

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Is it the black or white one? And what's the memory capacity?
    There's no guarantee you'll get it back.:)

I kid. But another key way of winning gold on those is don't try and get it first time round because you won't, no way.
    I know it seems an obvious and pointless statement but with all of them so far, I've simply aimed for bronze, then learned the different cop positions and then got silver.
    Then learned the bumps/traffic/to drift or not and what mods work and then went on to gold without losing money on mods once I'd perfected the silver or bronze run.
    It's only a small tip that might help a bit.

Also, what capacity was that iPhone 5 again?:)

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    No there is not.

20. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I have recently noticed the tires on the cars during a race are very low poly (not round but blocky) while when in the garage, they look perfect. Is that just on the low end devices (iPhone 4) or is it the same for high end devices as well?

Thx