Need for Speed: Most Wanted - (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Looks okay. Tilt only?

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm just praying that its open world...

3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    The console version is - the ios version is not.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    And the Vita version.

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #47 ironsam80, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    Tilts only? Omg… does anyone said to EA how heavy is the new iPad? Or that is difficult to be accurate when you tilting a such big device? A least RR3 comes out too so I am not gonna missing NFS (if only tilts) and guess what EA… RR3 will have all the possible control types as almost all the other proper racing games out there!

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    haha, same thing I was thinking. I actually have no problem with tilt controls on an iPod or iPhone for that matter, but tilting the new iPad around is like moving a table around. ;)

7. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    He he he… exactly this! My main playing device is my iPad and not the iPhone so when a game is tilt only, this is a big down for me. I was hoping this time to add touch controls too, but from what I ve seen till now I think they ll continue this tilt embargo. I am curious why they doing this? As you said for an iPhone or iPod tilting is ok but with iPad… Is it so difficult to put one more option? They just lazy? Don't know what they have in their mind.

8. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Graphics don't compare to real racing 3.

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just read that the Vita version will be open world..

EA are apparently thinking of the cross buy option too (buy the PS3 version get the Vita version free)

(saw this on the ign Vita site).

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Yep.

I don't think cross buy will happen though, who knows.

RR3 looks really good, I think I'll be skipping on NFS:MW for iOS though.

11. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Big dissapointment here, I thought it will be more like in-city gaming like in the original MW: obstacles, narrow streets, 90 degrees turns, shortcuts. But its like all NFS iOS games - you have one wide street to drive. Somebody should tell EA that graphics are not all.

12. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I hate open world racers so that's not a problem, but tilt controls is definite no-no for me. Too bad cause the game looks good .

13. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    It's cool that you can take down cops, but what about other racers? That was one of the cool things in the console Hot Pursuit.

Seems like they're borrowing a lot of elements from NFS: Hot Pursuit (probably carrying over some assets from the mobile version too), although I definitely wouldn't mind a retina-updated version of that since it doesn't look too good on the new iPad.

I do wish it was going to be free-roaming, because that would add a ton of replay value, but overall it still looks good. Not big on tilt steering, but that won't stop me from playing it.

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Hmm... Didn't see an open-world aspect. Not making Most Wanted Open-world would be a crime to the world....

15. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    The console version is open world, but the developers stated the ios version wasn't.

16. wsyilan

wsyilan Member

Feb 23, 2011
    New Pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last one is PSVita version (developed by Criterion and IOS version is developed by Firemonkey)

[​IMG]

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Is this developed by Firemonkeys? I mean, development started with Iron Monkeys and now both developers (Iron Monkeys and Firemint) are working on it, am I right?

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You are. It's primarily what used to be iron monkey doing most of the work but with the help of what used to be Firemint.