Need for Speed: Most Wanted - (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ggrrrr.... as i am seeing all these screenshots around the web and thinking that maybe, this is gonna be tilts only again i wanna hit EA in the face....

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Nice! That means that this game will be even more awesome... but without open world :(

3. Scope_Reflex

Scope_Reflex Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I second that.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It is going to be tilt only.
    I saw a screenshot or a video of the control scheme somewhere? I'm sure it was a video from gamescon now that I think of it. Nitro swipes up, left for brake and right for drift. And tilt for steer.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Who cares about the controls?!? Did you miss post of Most Wanted not being open-world?! No matter what they do, this game is not Most Wanted without open world....

6. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Of course i see that, and this something that doesn't makes me happy too, but one way or an other, with iPad3 being my primary game device, with tilts only, open or close is big down for me... With the lack of good racers (Asphalt & RR are the only true kings) one more (NFSMW) even with close tracks and not open world, would be nice... but for me playing on a heavy device, makes the experience uncomfortable. As for the open world... imo is to early to see a game like this in iOS. It is very difficult to make an open world racing game for idevices right now and have steady framerate and nice graphics because the ''action'' in this game is very fast.

7. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Did you guys really think that EA would develop a whole separate open world for iOS? They can't bring over the console open world because it's far too big and definitely something that iOS devices can't handle.

These NFS games for iOS aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Then you shouldn't name the game 'Most Wanted' if you're not gonna make a Most Wante game...

9. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Simple question... Is it tilt controls only? YES or NO?

10. If you look through the topic, its clearly been said at yes

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    We don't know if they will add different options for controls yet.

12. WunDaii

What? 'Most Wanted' refers to the fact that something is the most wanted. In this game, it's the cars. You don't need an open-world for that.

And Criterion clearly said that they are re-imagining the game. iOS devices can't handle such an open-world.

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think that he was saying that because the best part of Most Wanted (the original one) was the open-world, so you can't call this iOS version a real Most Wanted.

Of course the iOS devices couldn't handle the console open-world with the same high poly models, reflections, etc, if that is what you mean, but with the same graphics of the actual Most Wanted for iOS we could get open-world for sure, but EA somehow didn't want this.

14. WunDaii

Yep, I didn't mean to sound too harsh or anything.

EA wouldn't invest money into developing an open-world for what is mostly a casual market. They did so with the Vita version (Criterion did) and appropriately so.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    With some downgrades it could be done. Just leave out the a4 devices, disable some more advanced lighting effects and tone down some textures. Methinks you underestimate the hardware power of more recent iOS devices.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If iOS is mostly a casual market then Gameloft would've fine out of buisness long ago and/or would stop making huge productions like TDKR and NOVA 3.

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think you just gave the reason for why they're still making games yourself! ;)

18. WunDaii

It's mostly a casual market. There isn't enough profit for EA to grab to make it seem worthwhile developing an open-world for iOS. Gameloft do it because they're fine with the profit they get but EA want more.

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well Varo basically answered for me :p Best part of Most Wanted was indeed open-world aspect and cops

Yeah you're probably right, but the name already got me so excited and the news of this not being open-world let me down since Most Wanted was my favorite out of them all.

20. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    iPod 4G supported?