Need for Speed: Most Wanted - (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #101 JBRUU, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Good find. Thanks. Hoping for another Dead Space game, maybe one to tie in with DS3 like the original did with DS2? Makes sense.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Except for the non optional tilt only control scheme.

3. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    .__. shiit

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    ^my reaction

5. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Totally agree. No touch control,no buy.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I was thinking exactly the same thing.
    It was an interesting article where they couldn't say a lot but somehow seemed to actually say a lot.
    I find I'm very much looking forward to need for speed and rr3 but now the other games they can't tell us about (specifically another Dead Space would be AWESOME).

Another good thing is that NFS and RR3 are using different engines and assets. I had a slight fear that they might be a bit too similar.
    Both were still going to be instabuys even if it was the same engine but now that they are confirmed as sharing no assets, even more so instabuys.

7. thirstydude

thirstydude Well-Known Member

#107 thirstydude, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    How dare they to F*CK UP THIS GREAT GAME with the completely unnecessary and stupid tilt controls? I mean why not adding a OPTIONAL touch control interface to make everyone happy??? No touch control, no buy.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #108 Rip73, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    Tilt controls work on an iPhone. There is a built in gyroscope, why not use it on certain games, driving ones in particular. It keeps the thumbs off the screen.
    Buttons may work for console games but not so much for touchscreen and especially not for touchscreen with built in gyroscope.
    Even on the iPad with the extra weight of the device and larger screen real estate, gyroscope is still the better option on driving games.
    The gyroscope control actually adds to the authenticity of the steering experience, something tapping a button on the left or right of the screen simply cannot replicate.
    Gyroscope is far more precise than simple taps on the screen anyway.

9. For racing games, I prefer tilt both on my iphone as well as my ipad. Feels like a steering wheel that way. But I can understand that some of you like touch controls, which hopefully they will add as an option.

10. Hi-Tech

Hi-Tech Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Snif... Snif... :(

The Date is Too Far............................................!

:):mad::)

Attached Files:

11. thirstydude

It's so sad to know that they're too lazy to make a optional touch interface. Sad for their money, sad for those who hate tilt control (like me).

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #112 Rip73, Sep 7, 2012
    All right, we get it. You hate tilt.
    Try actually posting something relevant rather than the same rant against no touch controls everyday.
    You're point has been made. Over and over and over.......
    Five times and counting.

And calling the people that work at Firmonkeys lazy is just ridiculous. If you knew anything about the games that the studios of Firemint and Iron Monkeys have developed over the years, you'd see how ridiculous a statement that is. Between them, they've developed the best games on iOS full stop.

Plus the game has not even been released yet so you can't even know if they've added it or not. Save the ranting for the release thread when we know for sure.

Berating a developer and insulting them wont inspire them to change anything for you.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If enough people complain, though, if could be changed. Think mass effect infiltrator.

14. JohnSimond

JohnSimond Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    fantastic!! One of the best of the series!

15. JohnSimond

JohnSimond Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Fair enough, anything that keeps fingers off the screen is worth trying!
    unless the new iPhone's screen is the size of the galaxy note, just stupid for a mobile phone :D

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #116 Rip73, Sep 7, 2012
    Fair point.

But the same person posting the same complaint repeatedly (five times to my count) is more than a bit repetitive and something you might expect of a spoilt child.

Others have been able to make the point in better ways and haven't seen it necessary to repeat the same thing every day and insulting the developer in the process.

Insulting the developer by accusing them of of being lazy and using thinly veiled expletives to say they are ruining the game is not exactly going to have the desired result either.

There is a constructive way to make a point of criticism and saying "how dare they fxxk up this great game" isn't it.

I for one am eagerly awaiting this game simply on the basis that I have a lot of respect and admiration for the developer involved. I also believe that the game will indeed be very good no matter what control method is employed.

On a side note but relevant to your point, the original control method for Infltrator was actually more intuitive and more suited to touchscreen. For me it was simply more precise. I know for others it wasn't though so I see why the second control method was necessary.

One of the things I like about Iron Monkeys (now Firemonkeys) is that they try to bring controls that are directly suited to touchscreen as opposed to a throwback to consoles. Think Mirrors Edge, Dead Space and ultimately Infiltrator. Each was innovative and new in their own way at the time of their release.

And that last part is just a personal opinion, I know plenty disagree with it already. So just take it as an opinion, not a rule.

17. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
  18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Oh I don't agree with his methods, but if we're loud enough I'm sure they'll change the control scheme and add some touch controls. I personally dislike tilt only, but then again I don't mind it in Crazy Hedgy or gyro in shooters. So we'll just have to see how the game turns out. But for future reference, it gets annoying reading the same thing multiple times. Yeah we know you don't like tilt, same with many others. When the game comes out buy it, leave a constructive review and see what happens.

ME:I control scheme was definitely something new, it's just I felt it was a sort of gimmicky and unreliable. Oh it worked, but it just didn't feel right for me. Dead Space was a PERFECT example of a non cluttered screen and responsive, intuitive controls. I really, really want a sequel to that game. Hope that that's what the secret area was :D

19. thirstydude

#119 thirstydude, Sep 7, 2012
    This. Exactly this.

If you do a little research you'll notice all firemint games had touch controls before.

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Just a simple question: is it confirmed that the game will be tilt-only?