Need for Speed:Shift vs. Real Racing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ajg3, Dec 19, 2009.

?

Better Game?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2010.
  1. NfS Shift

41 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. Real Racing

38 vote(s)
    45.8%
  3. Other...

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Anyone want to provide some insight for me please, it would be appreciated :(

2. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Shift is on sale at 4.99

Still confused... should i just get it over with and buy it? Or get Real Racing?! :mad:

3. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I have both but I find myself going with Real Racing a lot more on my iPod Touch. I also try'd out the iPad when it was demo'd at my local Best Buy and I have to say, Real Racing HD is amazing.

4. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    #44 iphoneprogrammer, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
    Firemint®+EA®+Polyphonic Digital®= Need for Real Racing™

In this upcoming original title, Australian based company Firemint® teams up with EA Mobile's® Australian division to make the best iPhone® racing game to date. You want a simulation racer like RR™ but with the licensed and customization of NFS:S™? Well you got it sonny boy. Polyphonic Digital® will also be assisting in this project, providing Gran Turismo 5™ quality graphics never seen before on the iPlatform! The areas in which you drive will be developed with the Crytek™ Engine (The same engine that Crysis™ and Crysis 2™ were made from), providing some of the greatest and most architecturally accurate race courses known to man. And because every object is individually rendered your device will undoubtedly be unable to play this game let alone load the main menu!

Need for Real Racing™ will be available this October, for a seemingly hefty pricetag of $29.99

5. khaotikbk

khaotikbk Active Member

May 11, 2010
    Like any "pos-Underground" NFS, the only things really good in Shift are graphics, real cars and customization. The gameplay is full of misplaced elements (like that unnecessary agressive/technical score, and the sadly hideous drift system), without mention the misbalance of the difficulty, where one race is stupdly easy, and the next one is painfully difficult, even if you fill your car with all the available gimmicks. This is very frustrating, because there is no sense of progress in there - you don't evolve in the game, it's not hability that wins it, and this makes every NFS (maybe aside Most Wanted, MAYBE) gameplay pretty stupid and pointless to me. And yes, i've played with all assistances off - those are for pussies.

That is where Real Racing comes in: the gameplay evolves, you can see that you keep getting better and better after each race, and that greatly affects your gameplay.

I don't give a rats furry ass to real cars and customization, if i have to deal with poor engineered gameplay while at it. I stick with Real Racing, it's the best and most deeply engaging racing game for iDevices platform to date.

6. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    whats the b word that puts a thread at the top of a list?

oh yeah BUMP!

7. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    NFS just crapped on Real Racing... 0.99c, this is now a no-brainer!!