Need help to make ios my main gaming platform

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by angryassdrummer, Feb 9, 2013.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Um... I'm a person that can contradict your post completely. My iPhone is my primary gaming system. No question. I have a lot of fun with it and that's without even touching many freemium games. I don't buy IAP at all even. Of the ~1800 to 2000 apps in my collection over the last year of being an iOS gamer... most of those are games and while there are many freemium titles in there, most aren't freemium.

IMO, iOS is pretty much perfect for the older gamer. I think the impact it's had is part of the reason the last gen has lasted so long for consoles and why there aren't hardly any good games on the current crop of traditional handheld game systems (which prior to my iPhone, I had already replaced console gaming with handheld gaming... it just works better as a married dude with kids).

2. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Your talking about the last year, I also have thousands of apps I enjoyed and some of them are freemium. But freemium has taken a turn for the worse. Tell me how many good or great games you get this year compared to the last couple. I think you misunderstood what I was getting at

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Ah, well that makes more sense. Still, I think this year will be great for iOS. Some steps back like Real Racing 3, but there's always some fresh new game around the corner that comes out of no where. I don't think that's changing. Plus for me, despite around 1800->2000 apps in my collection for last year... there are still a ton of games I have yet to discover that have been out for a while.

4. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I don't see your point.Yes, freemium type game are multiplying in App Store like crazy, but there is still big share of normal ( or how you people call it "premium" nowadays ) games available from various genres.If you just look at upcoming games for 2013 there is a huge number of awesome games coming around summer, from Oceanhorn to Shadowrun and probably Square Enix flagship series titles- FF and chaos rings, not to mention other indie games that surprise us almost every week.This is best time to be iOS gamer,enjoy it while this tranquility lasts.

5. angryassdrummer

angryassdrummer Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    Shadowrun is coming to ios?
    the 16bit snes/megadrive version or a new ios version? either way, cant wait

6. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Completely new game build for iOS and other consoles/PC

http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowrun/

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You are completely right. Me, too, and I've had almost every console and hand-held ever made. I hardly ever get freemium games, either. And it IS perfect for the older gamer for a lot of reasons as you said! With a family and a full-time job it is ideal to pick up and play any time you get a chance! So incredible to have every game I've ever played and loved in my pocket!! (You have to have seen all those I put quarters into for so many years to fully appreciate what you can do now ANYTIME!) And I think if someone thinks most stuff in the store here is crap, they really haven't checked it out thoroughly enough. There's plenty of good stuff! I dig it big-time!

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Well, just between you and me (heh-heh) there's this one called GNES (for SNES games) that's just SO easy to deal with! Choose a game and it automatically downloads into the app and whollah! It's ready to play complete with the original cover art! No zip this, compress that. Unreal!

9. angryassdrummer

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    ^^^^^
    ok, im officially jealous

10. angryassdrummer

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    ok im pretty sold on getting a cave shmup tonight
    question
    whats the difference between Bug Princess 2 and Bug Princess 2 Black Label?
    im thinking the normal Bug Princess 2 might be the best bet for my first Cave game

11. angryassdrummer

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    ended up with the original BUg Princess 2 last night
    whoah!
    felt like i was going to have a seizure lol
    great fun

12. angryassdrummer

Feb 8, 2013
    Brisbane, Qld, Australia
    Which cave shooter should I get after Bug Princess 2? (Loved it!!)
    Also
    What iOs games have the best online multiplayer? Don't mind what genre ie shooter, fps, MMO etc as long as its fun for new players as well as veterans.

13. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    In a similar position to the original poster. Games that permanently stay on my device:

- Bastion
    - Autumn Dynasty
    - Ravenmark: SoE
    - Infinity Blade
    - Heroes and Castles
    - Dungeon Defenders