Universal Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (by Application Systems Heidelberg Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Pret1975

Pret1975 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I keep reading about the voice acting. Is it really good?

2. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
  3. Pret1975

Pret1975 Member

Aug 2, 2015
  4. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I've been intrigued about this one The videos and screens shots look really good Plus all the positive comments and praise have really pushed me to push that buy button This and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 are great additions to the point & click adventure game genre for iOS Pretty cool

5. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
    School boy error, sorry. That happens if you're doing too many things at the same time. This is the correct one with the English voice over:
    http://www.nellycootalot.com/characters/

6. Tyska

Tyska Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Is it possible to buy the soundtrack? iTunes, Spotify?

7. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
    The Music - Do it yourself kit

Ah, that's a good question, but no, it's not downloadable. But I am glad you like it so much.
    But - no joke - if you play an instrument well enough you can get the musical score bei Nicolas Sideris here:
    http://www.musica-ferrum.com/catalog/viewitem.php?show=82

That's the real thing. If you happen to know an orchestra feel free to have them play it in your living room. Bigger audiences are probably subject to negotiations. :p

8. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
    We like The Book of Unwritten Tales too. Hopefully you don't regret buying Nelly. Have you made any progress yet?

9. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
    To add to this: Gamezebo released their review of the mobile version yesterday and called it "The funniest mobile game of 2017 if not all time".
    See here: http://www.gamezebo.com/2017/02/14/nelly-cootalot-fowl-fleet/

10. Pret1975

Pret1975 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Ah, thanks for that. That's much better. :D
    And I agree it is really nice. Will probably buy it now.

11. Bianchi

Bianchi Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Did it!

Just finished the game! It is brilliant! Trying to avoid spoilers here. :cool:

12. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Still working on Unwritten Tales 2 This is next :D

13. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
  14. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Yes, I liked that review too.

We saw an uplift in rankings in the US yesterday and then discovered that Apple put us in the "Games we love" section on iPhone and iPad in the 2nd and 3rd spot - so visible without swiping.
    This is great - of course - but I found it rather unusual that they do that Tuesday/Wednesday when the store turn is on Thursday. Had we been there on release it would have been terrific.
    Question for developers out there: Have you seen a similar thing happening to your app? Received a major new feature by Apple in between store turns?

15. Roswita

Roswita New Member

Feb 16, 2017
    I have read several times about a first game but I haven't found it on the App Store. Do you need information from the first part to understand what's going on in this game?

16. Fred Feinbein

Fred Feinbein New Member

Feb 12, 2017
    iMessage stickers

Everybody keeps asking me now where I found those cute iMessage stickers. ;-)
    I wish I had more Nelly animations to send but the included set is really quite nice.

17. Tyska

Tyska Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Hah, I will have to ask my local orchestra! But thanks for the link, ashgames!

As far as I have tried the first part, you don't need it but you will laugh harder at the second part ;)

18. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
    The first game is called Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! It has it's own story. Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet is a separate story. It is not part two. However there are a few characters - like the viking traders - who appeared in the first game as well. So there are some references but there is nothing you need to know from the older game to play the new one.

If you're interested there is a Steam Greenlight page about the HD version of Spoonbeaks Ahoy! that Alasdair is working on. Very funny video - as usual:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674963973

19. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Well maybe there will be additional stickers in the future. I agree they are fun.

20. ASHGAMES

ASHGAMES Active Member

Feb 6, 2014
    You'd be lucky if your "local orchestra" helps you out! :D