Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Why does this game have just average ratings on Metacritic yet here everyone is raving about it?

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Don't pay attention to Metacritc (where 76 isn't bad anyway). This game has 96% positive ratings on Steam. That is a much better indication of why people are excited about it.

3. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    If this version doesn't have multiplayer, it's definitely not the definitive version...

4. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I'm having trouble deciding which game looks the most up my alley. Can someone that has played Neon Chrome, Leap of Fate, and Feral Fury tell me which twin stick game would be the best for someone that has enjoyed Max Adventure and Bug Panic?

5. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It's 10Tons, you don't have to think about it, you just have to buy it. Skip the Starbucks tomorrow and have the time of your life tonight.

Having tested many of their games, including this one, I can confidently say they are one of the most responsive, dedicated firms there is on the iOS scene. They are truly dedicated to making the best products possible.

Neon Chrome had rapidly become one of my favorite games (I usually like sims, strategy, or time management). The pace of the levels allows for bite-size gaming, which is a god-send if your schedule is like mine. You only see repetition on the boss levels on replaying, which keeps things interesting. You have randomized event levels (the yellow levels on the map), upgradeable weapons, and spot-on controls.

The game rocks!

6. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I've been testing the iOS build for quite a while. Loved it so much I bought it on Steam as well! Great game no question.

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Because metacritic doesn't seem to account for outliers very well. Almost all the reviews for the game are pretty good but they got one that was terrible (40/100 by metacritic standards I think) that drags the overall way down.

8. kristoffer

kristoffer Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    I've put at least 30 hours into beta testing this. Best twinstick on iOS. Does progress sync to the full game?

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Didnt for me

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I really didn't like Leap of Faith - I thought it was repetitive, the animation wasn't fluid (which is very important in a shooter, played on an iPad Pro 9.7) and ultimately, just kind of boring.

Would I enjoy this?

I did like Solomon's Keep in the past and do enjoy dual stick shooters if done right.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #51 metalcasket, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Absolutely; you would. I thought Leap of Fate was ****ing brilliant on paper, but its execution was...I dunno, there's an air of jank to the actual gameplay (and yes, that is with all the characters). NC on the other hand is buttery smooth and always manages to keep itself feeling fresh.

12. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Is the screen of the iphone 7 big enough to play this game?

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm playing on SE and don't feel the need to have a bigger screen to enjoy the game (which is yet another issue with Leap of Fate [and even Feral Fury]).

14. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Great game. Lot of randomness to the abilities and the weapons you can use throughout a playthrough. It's definitely best played on PC with a mouse, but this is a great addition to iOS. Auto aim was a good decision as it negates some of the lack of precision with touch controls. Someone asked earlier if it was like Solomon's keep. In a way, it is with the random ability and weapon finds. Love both games.

15. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #55 Gurney Halleck, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Thanks for the great impressions! Been seeing reviews in both directions and I was worried about the absence of coop multiplayer, but your high praise has me seriously leaning over the fence. Just might pick this up before bed :*)

I still haven't played LoF or Feral Fury yet, but if buying one of these three would you recommend this over the others?

Is there any word from 10Tons regarding a possible multiplayer update to the iOS port?

16. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Thank you for the reply. Will buy the game immeditely when i get WiFi #

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This and your first post with impressions has helped a lot, thanks metalcasket. I'm on an SE and I guess from your comments that this one is the best suited for the device. I'll buy as soon as I get to a wifi.

18. Emeritus-III

Emeritus-III Active Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Seeing as I love Feral Fury, I must pick this one up when I get home from work.

19. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah, think I'll have to pick it up as well! I'm on the SE like you two so it's good to know what I'm getting into.

20. rebirthz

rebirthz New Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Multiplayer

Hello does the IOS version of this game support local multiplayer? Cant seem to find the option