Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    I totally agree with LordGek.

2. SJack

SJack Active Member

Apr 15, 2011
    I just like to see the yellow "Tap to buy new extentions!" banner vanish now that i have bought the new extentions, and have it re-appear to warn me that more great stuff has arrived for my perusal

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, or if simpler, the Banner could just read, "Neuroshima Hex Store" with something like little message alerts to allow the player to know of unread notices.

4. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Yeah I agree with all these 'make the banner go away when stuff is purchased' comments.

5. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #485 TotallyImba, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
    Great update but can't help but noticed a couple of things which need changing.

The tile called 'Roots' has a spelling mistake.

'Roots can be used to extend the Motherland, but they are not a unit sa modules cannot be connected to them.'

Guessing it should say 'as'

Secondly the tile 'Mine' isnt very well worded.

'Any unit placed or moved onto a Mine destroys both. HQ's immune but mine is destroyed'

Also what does 'Spy' and 'Venom' abilities do?

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #486 VeganTnT, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
    More in-depth info is in the Manual section under Babel 13

Venom poisons a unit or HQ. They take one damage at the beginning of battle (before the starting phase)

Spy allows a unit to gain the bonus from enemy modules

7. FortyRock

FortyRock Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    #487 FortyRock, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
    Add one more to the list

8. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I was trying to get all achievements but stopped. Now win new armies...wow! What a huge incentive to go back to play!

9. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Regarding the menu screen, I have some comments:

1) The hexagonal Big Daddy button seems superfluous. Perhaps the "more games" section could be incorporated into the other Big Daddy button, together with the game credits? Or stick it in with the news button?

2) That yellow banner spoils the look of the menu screen. Makes it look cheap. There must be a more stylish way of advertising the expansions!

Also...

3) Squash those bugs that others have mentioned and correct the spelling and grammatical errors that have been pointed out already.

4) Stats, please! Even a basic "wins/losses" would be nice.

Overall, NH is my favourite board game for iPhone. I like it even more than the legendary Carcassonne - there, I said it! I am a heathen. :)

10. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    As a guy who loves Highscore Survival games, I think I just hit on a possible new mode for NS Puzzle...the Endless Gauntlet!

The player just has to see how long their HQ can hold up against an endless invasion of baddies in an attempt to get a highscore.

How the player would earn reinforcement tiles (since it now will not be stopping once the 35 tiles are played), repairs to their base, and if your opponents would even get HQs (and even if they do I'd imagine early on in the game your opponents' HQs would only have some 5 hps or so with new HQs popping in later a little tougher) isn't clear. THIS would be variant puzzle game I'd gladly pay for! :D

11. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    LordGek, this really sounds like a cool idea :)

And guys, one big favor I need to ask you for - please, please, preatty please send all bug reports directly to us using this e-mail address: [email protected].

This way no bug will get ommited or forgoten and it will be much easier for us fo keep track of all the problems.

12. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    The whole point of NH puzzle is supposedly to eliminate the luck component resulting from random card drawings in the main game, and thus provide deeper and purer tactical situations than those seen in the course of normal board game play. I don't see how a similarly pure experience could be achieved with the randomness inherent to an endless mode reintroduced.

13. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

True enough. I like Lord Gek's idea a lot — "Survivor: Neuroshima Hex!" — but it really is a separate category from what NH: Puzzle is all about. But there would certainly be room for a third NH title, especially at the right price-point.

14. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Grubjelly, it could be achieved with a server side support, where servers sends you a random seed which is used to generate a single survivor scenario. After completing this scenario (I mean, dying at some point) you would upload your score and could only complete another scenario. Other players would also receive such one time seed (same values as the previous players) - so every completed scenario could be compared among players. Idea is really cool, but it would have to wait until multilayer.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Whole-heartedly agree, I'd shell out another $0.99 for this as a standalone app, or even better IAP for the main game (the fewer apps the better! In fact I'd send another $0.99 Big Daddy's way if they IAP'd the puzzle game into the main game. ;))

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Right, it doesn't REALLY fit in as it stands currently but I see NH Puzzle as the perfect grab bag for single-player "puzzles" based on the game's mechanics.

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Either way, I'd love to see it.

Could be included in Puzzle along with a handful of puzzles including the new armies.

18. SJack

SJack Active Member

Apr 15, 2011
    agreed.
    give us a horde-like version of the game, merge the two apps, and make the big yellow banner go away

19. GeeZa

GeeZa Member

May 31, 2010
    Great news to see part of the Babel13 expansion make its way over to iOS. It's an instabuy from me and I'm looking forward to playing with the new units.

I guess you know this question is coming but are there any plans to bring terrain or scenarios to the game? The former would be really welcome, even if it's just pre-set maps and stuff. Anyway, thanks for updating the game, awesome work!

20. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I got a few crashes today. Prolonged play - around 40 min 2 player with 2 AI, 20 min singleplayer with 3 AI. Crashed a few times (~5) during the last 10 minutes. I was able to replicate one of the crashes by pressing 'redo' button.
    I have screenshots leading to the crash (will they be used as forensic evidence?)
    Oh and I somehow heard that you can submit crash reports. How?