Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    I had this game for awhile on my 3GS but didn't play it since I bought it on discount. Today was extremely boring raining day and I decide to give this game a try.. and guess what... I didn't even notice that pope Pope Benedict XVI left my country! :p
    What a GAME.. I'm buying both IAPs when I master these three fractions.
    This game maybe is not for everyone but when you learn basics, all fun starts!

I love Carcassonne as well, but Neuroshima Hex is my favorite board game now.

Devs... plz, plz hurry with multiplayer!!

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    In between those two, and with UniWar as a bonus, there is little else fans of asynchronous strategy need ;)

EDIT: Ok, I can't really stan by my own statement above. We need Civilization IV or V, fully featured, with asynchronous online multiplayer. We will never stop needing that until the day we have it in our hands ;)

3. aelam

aelam Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    #543 aelam, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    Haven't checked into this thread in a while and when I did I saw that the new armies are released! Went to go get them via the IAP and they're $1.99 each?

I thought they were $0.99. Didn't get them yet...will wait for another sale I guess *sigh*

4. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

99 cents was the limited-time launch special. I think it lasted for one week.

5. Mivo

Mivo Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Germany
    Civ5 was a total disappointment. Poorly designed and just so many flaws that I can't understand how it was ever released. It attempted to be like Panzer General, but with maps that are way, way too small (for the design). Civ4 was great and it's the Civ I still play. (I do have Civ5 and all the DLC, but the idea was to support it in the hope they'd fix it after the lead designer was fired/left.)

6. JGeldhof

JGeldhof Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Comic Artist / Illustrator
    Kent, Ohio
    Just found this game. Love it! Big fan. Please keep the updates coming!

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #547 Ayjona, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
    I'm actually in absolute, total agreement. I love Civ IV, even more than the prequels (playing it as I type, just about the only non-mobile game I have and take time for anymore), and hated Civ V with a passion, for the reasons you mentioned, and many more.

The fact that I even included V in my post above speaks volumes of just how much I'd like to play asynchronous Civ on my iDevice ;)

Though asynchronous Neuroshima Hex is also one of the games I'd like to play the most.

8. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Will this be updated to utilise the new turn-based infrastructure coming to game centre mentioned in the WWDC keynote?

I hope so:)

9. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Neuroshima Hex, Puzzle and IAPs on sale until end of the week!

Just a quick heads-up - we're launching a sale starting from today and lasting until the end of this week.

Prices will drop as follows:
    - Neuroshima Hex 2.99$
    - Neuroshima Hex Puzzle 0.99$
    - Neojungle and New York armies (IAPs) 0.99$ each

10. aelam

aelam Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Excellent. Thanks! Bought both new armies.

How do I restore purchases in this app so I can get the new armies on my iPod too?

11. idragoncool

idragoncool Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    lol i bought the IAP's for 1.99 both of them. o well its worth it xD are you guys adding some armies in the puzzle version? what is next for you guys instead of the android release? what is on the next update for iOS devices?

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Asynchronous multiplayer seems to have been in the work for quite some time now, and there are few games I'd rather play online than Neuroshima Hex. So here's to hope ;)

13. aelam

aelam Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Hey BigDaddysCreations, I have a request!

Do you think you could update the "Quick Game" options so we can designate how many players there are? Maybe just put a number next to the "Quick Game" that we can tap to cycle through 2, 3, 4.

Thanks!!!

14. ressique

ressique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Any update about the online-modus? Without it i won't buy the new armies.

15. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    If a dev is silent, it's usually an indication that they're working hard on *something :D

16. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I hope they put their own sound for a push notification once multiplayer goes live. Much like carcassone and words with friends. HOWEVER, I hope they add an option to use the regular push notification sound too, unlike those other two. :D

17. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    #557 BigDaddysCreations, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    @gunxsword, we were (and still are) working on something :)

Here's it is our new game, Army of Frogs, which will hit the App Store on July 22, 2011.

Here's a promotional video:

It will come as two apps:
    • Army of Frogs for iPhone and iPod Touch for $1.99
    • Army of Frogs HD for all iDevices (universal) for $4.99

As for the Neuroshima Hex - new update with all the bugs fixed will be available next month and hopefully will make NSHex even more enjoyable!

18. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Mobile Game Producer / Designer
    Ottawa, Canada
    Awesome! No reason not to pick it up now...

19. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    That was a post back in June bro,the sale is no longer on. BTW, I missed the sale and will pick this up when it goes on sale again.

20. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Just picked this up. Great game! I'm now waiting for a sale to buy the two armies.. :)

Async multiplayer would be awesome.