New iPad 2017,infuriating stuttering in ALL games.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by retrogamOR, Apr 18, 2017.

1. ravenyl

ravenyl New Member

May 8, 2017
    #21 ravenyl, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Hey there, are there any updates on your side? I am experiencing this too. I used to play on an much much older ipad 3 and it works very smoothly. I usually play this game called summoners war, and it is very apparent to me

EDIT
    Ive tried the games u listed, but i dont have any stuttering issues with those.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I've seen type of behavior with other new Apple IOS devices and it relates to the internal device ID assigned to the device. The way many apps are optimized for each device is dependent on this ID and whenever a new device is released none of the existing apps run in an optimized state because they don't recognize the new device ID. It self corrects when developers releases updates for their apps and Apple might also include fixes in IOS updates. You'll find similar threads for iPad Air 1 & 2 as well iPhone 5 & 6.

3. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Hi,

I got a refund,unfortunately.Don't think yours is the same problem i had.Mine wasn't just a few games,it was every game i tried.I actually timed the intervals between each stutter/jitter.It was just over every 5 seconds.This was constant,across all games on both iPads i had.

In some games the stutter was jarring,in others it was less noticable....But all of them had it every 5 seconds.

To be honest,i think this has something to do with an Apple ID/Gamecentre or iCloud problem on IOS 10.3,because so few people have reported the same thing,i have to consider that there is a problem at my end.

But what could i do? It took Apple over 9 months to fix the Gamecentre bug in IOS 9.....And this effected many people (not all).How long would it take them to get to the bottom of my problem?

This makes sense.Although i had a iPad AIR when it was first released & didn't have any issues with any games.

The strange thing about my problem,is that when i bought up the white gamecentre dialog box up in a game & it had scrolling/movement in the background,i could see that the action returned to being perfectly smooth,the way it should be.As soon as i quit gamecentre dialog box the stuttering returned.

Pretty gutted to be honest,it was a lovely device & the price was also nice (128gb model).But i couldn't keep it,as the problem was far to off-putting whilst gaming.

4. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Just found this video.It's not done by me.But shows the exact problem i had with ALL games with two iPad 2017s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FDQzZpqL2w

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'd love to get this iPAd again,it's such shame that a certain number of units are affected by this problem.Because it's really nice device.bar this issue.

5. Thing50

Thing50 New Member

Jul 15, 2018
    Male
    Turn off 'Background App Refresh' in 'General' to fix it.