New iShoot update rejected from Appstore

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by VeganTnT, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    /signed. Yeah we all bought into their hardware, and yes they do it well. But Apple as a whole, and a company just... just baffles me at times with decisions they make.

2. daveak

daveak Well-Known Member

Insane reason for rejection, especially as they had already been in there.

As for the being fast tracked, that is out of order IMO, plenty of other devs have been waiting on updates from before WWDC is be approved, just had one of mine approved today after 19 days waiting. The review system is bad enough without favoritism being shown to anyone.

3. njchris

njchris Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Why are monuments offensive?

Because they are afraid people shooting at them in a game? What basis does that have to be bad?

But killing people is ok?

HUH???

4. Tipop

Tipop Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    As I see it, the reason they don't give a solid description of what is allowed and what isn't is because any solid description is going to have loopholes.

Try it yourself. Write a paragraph or two that would safely cover all potentially offensive material. The Supreme Court can't even define "obscenity" beyond "I know it when I see it", but we expect some guys working at Apple to do better?

It's a thorny problem. What one person considers potentially offensive another might think is just fine. That's why we have issues like an 8-month old program getting kicked for images that were there all along. I don't see an easy solution, however.

5. gunghir

gunghir Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    nice this game fails so much it still has adverts in the pay version ill hope apple takes out the whole game due to FAIL

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Where the hell do you see adverts??????

7. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Sorry, I've ever played the game. What kind of monuments are they?

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    National Landmarks of the United States like the Jefferson Memorial