New ngmoco FPS or new Livefire features?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by samson080, Jun 4, 2009.

1. wastelander

wastelander New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Looks awesome, i'll be sure to keep an eye on the site!

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Dam it!!! FOR THE LAST FREAKING TIME!!! YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THINGS LIKE ROCKET LAUNCHERS!!! IT WAS JUST TO DEMO THAT 3.0 FEATURE!!!!!!!!

Geez....................

3. GeoCelt

GeoCelt New Member

May 20, 2009
    What about Flame Throwers? lol

4. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Ammo on the other hand. . .

5. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Guys. Notice I said "things like" [ insert weapon name here ] . Incredible how people fill the thread with something already answered. Ngmoco already said that was just for the demo. To demo they had to use 3.0 like that. Mods should delete posts asking if you will have to pay for extra stuff.

6. kowalsk

kowalsk Active Member

May 10, 2009
    #26 kowalsk, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    Definitely LiveFire allthough the name will be different. Looks promising but they have to nail the controls or the entire game will be a fail...

I say: place your thumb on the left side of the screen for an onscreen joystick for movement, and the same thing on the right side for cameracontrol/aiming.
    Ofcourse then you want to fire your weapon. This happens automatically when you aim on an enemy.
    Swtich weapons by tapping on a specific spot on the screen, the bottom of the centre for example. Jumping could be done by walking over jump pads or something like that.

I think that would work pretty well :)

7. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Have you not seen the videos of this game? Look it up. This game has the best FPS control scheme so far. Far better than twinstick.

8. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I've been playing the only existing iPhone online fps, and I can tell you virtual joysticks have to be wherever you touch and not on fixed positions. That is a must

9. kowalsk

kowalsk Active Member

May 10, 2009
    That's what I ment :) Sorry for my unclear description.