New pokemon like game for iOS coming, take a look in ZENFORMS: Protectors

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jirayasama, Jan 3, 2012.

1. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I like the idea of them being asexual. Everything these day's have the male and female sexes - being somewhat unique, check.

2. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    There was two in the picture ;)

3. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    [​IMG]
    To start off with, there will be a doll for the 3 Newborns and the Child evolutions.
    More will be added in the future ;-)

There is also "special" dolls. Custom dolls. One involved a quest, so I won't spoil it lol.

About the ZENCrystals and colors
    The different colors represent a stat boost. Each shape crystal offers a bonus for capturing a specific Newborn or it's line of evolutions.
    Each color offers a stat bonus on capture like boosting attack, defense or speed.

4. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    OMG absolutley love the zendolls :).
    In the possible future. Could you make it so we can choose a color for our Zenforms and detail colors on them like inside the ears and stuff.

Don't need to add just suggestion an idea. Next week Thursday will the game come out?

5. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    tso, quit rushing the release date. You act like they won't let us know when it will be released.

6. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    I honestly can't put into words how anxious I am for this to come out.

7. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I know im excited! Hoping it comes out around my bday, but whenever is fine too

8. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    Neo Dragon
    Could you show us how to catch a zenform

9. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    This is a copy and paste taken from a post I made on the Calis Projects forum earlier http://www.calisprojects.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16&pid=403#pid403 .

- - - - - - -

I've been very tight lipped lately. I've been getting a lot of messages saying "it's march, when is the release?" I'm going to use this post to tell you what I can.

As I've said before. February really stalled development. I was working very hard on the battle system revamp late January/early Feb. that I burnt myself out. I found it difficult to keep track of things. Even though I write everything down both online (Gdocs) and on notepad, I still could not focus. This stalled the code work.
    Things got worse when Spaceemotion (my go-to artist) also burnt out. He was rarely on Skype and when he was, wouldn't speak much. This stalled the art.

I have so much to do. The game's development is like a jigsaw. I need to start linking it all up to make the game. For example, the shop scene (using the shop) is still not linked up to a shop map.

I'm also trying to set up Calis Projects as a real business and it's not really going smooth. People are not really helpful. It's been very annoying. I never really considered CP as a real business. I've been making games since I was 16 as a hobby. Even when I got donations, or paid artists for work, I didn't consider CP as a business cause I haven't put ZENFORMS up for sale yet.
    So again - that had me feeling a bit down.

I have also been feeling the pressure to release the game this month. There is still lots to be done.

But you guys are awesome. Got some really amazing comments from you all. Really helped lift my spirit in regards to developing. Spaceemotion also worked hard this week so that helped me even more get pumped up to put his new art into the game.

I'm going to be honest about the release date
    The fact is - I don't know when the release will be. Will the game make it this month? I honestly don't know. I want to be able to at least submit it to apple before the end of the month and I will try hard!
    But if it does slip - I'm sorry - blame all of the events that happened to me in February :p

I still haven't posted the Battle walkthrough video yet
    I will soon.
    So here is a teaser screenshot.
    What is it??? :p :p

[​IMG]

10. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Take your time, do what is needed to do in order to get yourself and the game back on track. If you cannot submit by the end of March, don't worry, just keep working!

11. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I agree, take your time to make a polished product, don't just rush it for us.

12. jirayasama

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    Please take your time to make the best, but please dont tell me the attacks is going to be like monster galaxy type because i think is going to be horrible

13. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I wouldn't care when it's released as long as it's a complete, playable game.

Starhawk for PS3. Me and thousands of others waited 3 years just for screenshots of the thing ever since we wanted a sequel to Warhawk.

14. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Perhaps if you are overworked how bout a vacation? Take a load off, clear your mind? :)

15. DRose1

DRose1 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Yeah, thanks for all of your hard work. We really appreciate it. Have fun with this project and don't let what others say bother you.

16. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I bet its when you are capturing a zenform! I think you have to match the arrow with the line on the circle?

17. jirayasama

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    If was this the ideia is awesome

18. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    I'm glad a lot of other people came here to post to tell Neo-dragon to take their time. Ignore the two or three people that keep urging such a sudden release. Take all of the time you need to. Releasing it early for a few people as a buggy title won't make this game a huge success and you wouldn't be satisfied with the end-product anyways.

Release the title when you feel like it's something you're proud to put out there. We're glad you've shared so much with is, but I would love you to take as much time as you need to for the game.

19. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Completely agree. Keep it up, guys.

20. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I completely agree with the other guys, just take your time and enjoy the process of creating your little baby and setting your mark. If we have to wait another month or 3 months then so be it. I'm sure you've put so much effort into this, that rushing it won't do it any justice.

People are pushing for you to release the game is only a testament of how much your game will rock, and how much your little teasers and screenshots are getting them hyped up! So hopefully when you get a little down for whatever reason you can come back to this thought!

Keep it up! No rush! And hang in there! All the TA guys are rooting for you!