Universal New Star Soccer (by New Star Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pjft, Mar 13, 2012.

1. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Do you actually get to physically play a soccer match?

2. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Dear everyone,

Get this game now. It's the business.

-The Management

3. Hewitt

Hewitt Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Hi guys,

I have been looking for a game like this since the long gone Footballer of the Year Series for the AMIGA...

I Played that game so much, that I can only think this will be a time sinker...
    Played a few games in the career mode so far and I can tell it will be a lot of what I was looking in a game of the sort.

One question though: Do we get the chance to play for the national team, and play the qualifyers for the Major competitions, or actually play the World Cup, Euro Cup, etc?

If not then I think i could be a great thing to add those features.

Also something like major achievements for the player: Player of the Year, etc.

Anyway thanks for a very nice game.

Pedro

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Decided to go ahead and get te weather and stadium pack (since it was a bargain to unlock both modes at 69p each) and have to say the rain and snow effects are pretty cool and add a nice bit of atmosphere to the matches.
    Can't believe how good this game is, can't stop playing.
    I think there should have probably been a single match to play for free though as the arcade mode doesn't really do a good job of showing you what the games about. (if I hadn't been following this in the upcoming forum and had only played the free arcade mode I would have thought it was some kind of free kick game like pikpok's flick kick games)

5. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Totally agree with this :D It's the dogs b******

Love the way that YOU can actually change the course of the game by passing and of course shooting in the actual match as well as the text commentary.

Been playing it last couple of hours and well,back to it :D

6. siread

siread Member

Feb 29, 2012
    There is absolutely no difference between the iOS/Android/Flash versions in terms of how many Star Bux you receive - so no it hasn't been weighted to encourage you to buy extra bux on iOS at all. I just thought the option to include IAPs on iOS was a no-brainer - it's there if you want or need it. Unfortunately it's not so easy to do IAPs on Android, so I went for a straight-up paid app.

I'm glad people are enjoying the game and I want to add new features - particularly internationals and club continental competitions and I have some wicked ideas for the match engine, but I guess that depends on how well the game does. :)

7. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Great news - looking forward to having your new ideas in-game, as well as some new features for future careers :)

If the previous NSS games and updates there are anything to consider, we can expect to be playing this game for a very long time! ;)

8. firstadam

firstadam Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Construction
    USA, CA
    been waiting for this! quick release thanks!

9. firstadam

firstadam Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Construction
    USA, CA
    Already found a couple bugs, the about page on the menu when clicked fills the page with numbers covering everything.

10. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Addictive. It's like playing a kairosoft game but you actually get to try and pass or score or intercept the ball to better your stats and score. Very tense and thus fun. Best buck I've spent in awhile.

11. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Any chance to support in future updates additional language (even only for match event...) like italian?
    And a future implementation of iCloud save? I think most of us have iPhone and iPad...
    Anyway, NSS is very very fun... I unlock career mode, there is a true potential... Arcade mode it's 1% of career...

12. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    This is actually my favourite game at the moment. Brilliant game. I really hope that this game will sell good in the Appstore. It's so addictive.

13. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I think the developer has made an (not irreversible) error in not allowing to try career mode for free. Arcade mode shows nice physics but you still kind of feel like you can take it or leave it. Let someone play a year of career, then see if they aren't willing to pay a buck to keep going.

14. siread

siread Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Yes, hopefully I will add new languages in the coming weeks.
    I would love to include iCloud but it's a little tricky at the moment. The programming language I use (Monkey) doesn't provide an easy solution (yet).

Yes, this seems to be a common point. Maybe I will change it as soon as I have fixed a few outstanding issues. :)

15. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

In the minigame to intercept the ball I think there should be a button to start the action otherwise you have to be too applied to move too quickly. Instead in the other minigames there is no time limit to start the action...

16. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    The intercept minigame is quite a dick to get your head around, considering im to the point where there are 3 opponent players waiting for the pass. Guess what the AI does! Kicks it out of play, fantastic.

17. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    That will sometime happen :) Still, not frequently enough to annoy me - I asked the developer to consider having them lose possession when they actually kick the ball out.

Luckily, in the most recent Android version, the action doesn't start until you press the screen, so hopefully that will also come over to iOS :)

18. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    im probably more interested in getting the update which implements how much your player is worth based on your performance, much like the PC version, and from that you can have leader boards showing how much everyone is worth and what club they are with, average rating and stuff like that.

Also, whats everyones longest goal? Mine is 51.7 yards and my longest pass is 36.0 yards.

Also, can we have a list of how the leagues in England are ranked? Because they dont have the proper names i get marginally confused. I'd like to play for my fake hometown club of Hartlepool (most likely H'pool in this game.) Plus, what star ratings do we need to move to another league, im currently bordering star rating 3, but still level 2

19. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Furthest Goal: 50.9
    Furthest Pass: 37.6

Regarding star ratings to move to another league, I don't know... I've only played for one country so far, in D2 and D1. I've only tried to transfer between clubs in the same division as my current club, though I know that I could try to negotiate with clubs in similar divisions in other countries.

Usually clubs at higher divisions than mine didn't really care much for me :p

20. kuluman

kuluman Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Furthest goal 51.5
    Furthest Pass 40.5

What strategies can be applied to earn more money during the early stages of the game?