Universal New Star Soccer (by New Star Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pjft, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Once the gf gave me a massage before a match and raised my energy. That's the only positive I recall everything else was negative.

Still waiting for update to hope it fixes freezing bug so I dont have to restart.

2. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

A little critic... Is more and more difficult to add iCloud in your Monkey respect to add in-app purchases? #
    By the way, this game really catch me!!!
    What about pitch and weather? Only graphics upgrade?

3. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Yes, the pitches and weather just adds new pitch styles and weather to the game, its just there to support the developer, you dont need to buy them but i did.

4. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Hmm... I didn't buy this one but the weather appeared in a few of my shots.

5. dadiduekappa

Isn't there present injuries? I think it will be a good think for next upgrades...

6. D3adly

D3adly Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    End of 2nd year stats......

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just signed for Leeds United in my 3rd season......

7. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Wow... I had 5 Star Rating after 2 seasons... Really impressive.

I would also think about offsides. I mean that when you wan to pass a ball and there are a few guys staying one of them could be sometimes on offside. This would be player's goal to see if he is on an offside or not.

8. D3adly

D3adly Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    End of year 6 Won the League With Ajax and lost cup final to Feyenoord.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Just signed for my Favorite team Liverpool :)

9. Tastyfish

Feb 26, 2011
    Saw the update and it did not mention any fixes just had the game center icon. Downloaded it and tried to continue my career. It still crashes. Tried rebooting iPod, still crashes.

Is there another update with the fixes the developer eluded to coming? Or is this the promised update from last week?

I like this game, just want to know if I should wait for the bug fix update or just restart a new career?

This went from a 4.5 star game to unplayable for me.

10. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #90 Juuicetin, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    What? The update is live. I just looked in the app store and I still don't see it. Or does it come out with the time zones like new releases?

Anyways, that's very disappointing to hear. If it doesn't resolve the game crashes, then I might just have to start over and make sure I don't win that tournament match so I don't get stuck again. Seriously bummed to hear this though. I have been patiently waiting to play this game.

EDIT: It looks like the update fixed my crash for that MLS$Away Team or whatever it was called bug. I am excited to continue playing!

11. Tastyfish

Feb 26, 2011
    Fixed

A couple hours after I downloaded the update that only had the Gamecenter icon, another update appeared that listed the updates that the developer promised.

Loaded up my career and it worked! Started playing, got so excited, hit the wrong button and accidently accepted a contract without negotiating. Not a big deal.

Going to play for a bit, then leave a positive review in the app store if all goes well.

12. siread

siread Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Yes, as you have noticed the update is live now. There will be another one next week with a bunch of stuff...

13. notese

notese Member

Jun 3, 2010
    I like your list of changes!! That's exactly what was missing to be the best footy sim for me.

14. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #94 Juuicetin, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    I am happy to hear about a lot of the new changes in the upcoming update. Thanks for all the hard work. I am glad to hear teammate AI will be improved because sometimes I will lob a ball right at my teammate, but he will run towards the ball instinctively and it will go over his head.

This is such a great game and I am so glad I discovered it. I really wish there were more games like this on the market.

15. dadiduekappa

Agree!!! And iCloud... Of course!!! #

16. iamsancho

iamsancho New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    The game is brilliant and I'm hooked. Looking forward to the update. I'm having a problem playing music and NSS at the same time (on iphone). Is that something the update will fix?

17. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Fantastic game but my friend who also plays this says that Barcelona and Real Madrids kit colours are incorrect. I can't confirm this as I do not play in the Spanish league.

Apparently in this game Barcelona has a Blue top and shorts and Real Madrid is Gold and White. Please can you correct this? (I think they are correct in NSS 5 on PC)

18. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I can confirm that this happens: the Madrid kits are gold and white (and I believe the second one is black?), and the Barcelona one is fully blue, if I recall correctly. I think that the issue is that there are no striped-kits or different patterns here, so these have to do.

I would like to see the proper kits as well, though.

Cheers!

19. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Its still missing the leaderboards that would be something like those from the PC version of the game, except you will be valued in stars and not real cash

20. micktravis

micktravis New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Never been this addicted to a game since Game Dev Story. Kudos to the dev for quick bug-fixing and frequent updates.

Suggestions for the dev: you already mentioned this, but I would also love to see internationals and continental competitions.

I'm not sold on the girlfriend thing. It's nice that you added the option to dump her (how about an option for marrying her once you hit 100% relationship?), but I would also like to see some more positive random events. The way it is, it feels like it's just another meter I have to keep full to keep bad things from happening. Unless I'm missing something and the girlfriend meter affects lifestyle or sponsorships or something?

I think free kicks occur a little too rarely in the game. Have you considered also adding more match events, like corner kicks or tackling? I do realize it might be overkill and outside what you see as the scope of the game. I'm not familiar with the PC version, so for all I know you have the game whittled down to exactly what you want.

It would be nice to get some acknowledgement for winning several tournaments in one season. Nothing fancy, just a Game Center achievement or something (I managed to win the league, League Cup and FA Cup with Man Utd, and I just felt like I deserved a little pat on the back :))

In the same vein, maybe add leaderboards for most goals/assists etc. in a career/season?

I was also wondering if buying all the properties increases your recuperation rate, or if you're maxed out once you buy the most expensive one?

A couple of final nitpicks (I'm only writing this wall of text because I love this game so much!): I'm still getting transfer requests from 3rd division teams while I'm playing for Barcelona, that should probably be fixed. Also, it should be easier to see what level the different leagues are. It can be hard sometimes to figure out if "L1" is the second or first division in a country where you're not familiar with the league system.