Universal New Star Soccer (by New Star Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pjft, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    The new update is just great. I am playing the career mode in year four now and I play with my favourite soccer club (Bayern Munich). Longest goal is almost 50 meters.

2. Creat1v

Creat1v Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Let's hope that the issue with the app store will be fixed as soon as possible. Can't wait for the new update! I'm so addicted to this game. Even my girlfriend was totally hooked after 1 match. She's playing it all the time on PC now, since she can't buy it for her android phone.

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Well the update 1.16 was out again yesterday, updated, but it seems to be gone again, so I guess the IAP issue wasn't fixed yet.

4. jt_1871

jt_1871 Member

Jun 21, 2012
    so frustrating just got into the game but cannot get past 10 games, having to play on PC instead :(

5. kapshin

kapshin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    KC, MO
    It's back!

6. Creat1v

Creat1v Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    #166 Creat1v, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    FINALLY!!!
    Heres the link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/new-star-soccer/id498973162?ls=1&mt=8

//Edit: Can't play career mode.. "Monkey Error - Monkey Runtime Error: Memory access violation".
    I restarted my 3GS with iOS 5.1.1 already. Even a new career isn't working. But Arcade Mode is working well. Meh, seems like I have to switch to the old version :(

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow. So frustrating. I purchased this a while ago. And thanks to these forums, I don't update right away. So I'm still on an old, old version.

Read that they capped energy drinks and made the best boots only available by IAP. Man, hope they stop putting in these terrible ideas on top of all of the other errors. Soon, the game will have to be all free for anyone to want to download it.

I won't be updating because I paid for career and weather packs and I don't want to get this career ending money error people are talking about!

8. kapshin

kapshin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    KC, MO

It appears those IAP only boots are new boots, you can still get the old "best" ones with your in game money as well as a few other pairs of boots that are new.

My carrer mode is working fine on an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 so far.

9. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #169 TotallyImba, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    I can't seem to get this game into silent mode, when I switch the button on the side of my iPhone the game still has sound. This problem only happens with this game, any ideas?

10. Creat1v

Creat1v Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Same problem here. I will switch to the old version now. That's what I waited for? I'm disappointed.

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Don't know why I never tried this game before. Its like crack. I won't buy the full career unlock till after work on Friday for the fear of loss of productivity. ;P

12. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    It is crack... :D

13. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Just got the game today and its amazing. I can't put it down. Is there anything similar to this in the App Store?

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Nope, nothing quite like it. You can always try the full NSS5 on your desktop, but on your mobile, if you're looking for byte-sized, addictive football, NSS is the way to go.

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Is there still no way to try career mode before buying? I was less than inpressed w/career mode in the Flash version.

16. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    I dl'd this today, it let me play 10 matches in career mode before buying the full career.

I then paid the $.99 for it, good game for work.

17. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Kongegate dot com.

18. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh, so I guess it has changed. It used to only include arcade mode, IIRC. The flash version was a poor introduction, since it was obviously designed for touchscreens. The flash version has an aspect ratio similar to a smartphone, but kicking the ball or passing is floaty with a mouse cursor.

I'll have to reinstall and give it another go.

19. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ok...the controls are a bazillion times better on the iphone. The only thing holding me back a bit is the energy->cash management. I'm worried I'll completely screw myself over through poor decision making, and I won't but any iaps except for the unlock.

20. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    You can't really screw yourself over in a permanent way. The worst you can do is retard your progress by buying nothing but consumables and failing constantly. If you train and play reasonably well--both of which are dependent principally on your skills--then you're going to move up, even if it's slowly. At the very least, you'll always get more money from playing. You'll never need to spend a dime on IAP beyond the career mode unlock.