NFS or Real Racing?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by niz554, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    After all of the time spent to make, and basically remake NFS, you think theyre in it to make a quick buck?

How do u figure? You really dont know that RR is gonna have updates either.

*useless feature*

How exactly do you know this? I think the reason that you recon this is because of the amount of coverage that the games have gotten. TA has a huge amount of hype built up for this game, because of the coverage its gotten here. NFS, on the other hand, has been rather secretive about theyre game. They dont normally give out details anyway, but its because they want to be competitive and suprise people with what they have, They know this is gonna be their biggest game yet, so they need to spend more time on it.

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Of course we do. The devs have told us in their forum thread and in the official Toucharcade reader questions interview. They were even considering putting in different weather conditions and car damage in future updates if they could get them to work, among other ideas.

EA (and Gameloft too) have a history of putting out apps and NEVER updating them, cause they make sales off of their name.

No contest.

3. niz554

niz554 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    o man i cant wait for real racing i want it to be out righht now, i hope they dont delay the release date =(

i prob wont get nfs unless the customization is AMAZING because really, what is need for speed without customization?

4. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

To be honest they are very different games. The main difference I think is that Real Racing is more of a sim than NFS (an arcade racer). The controls, Physics and AI hopefully will be more accurate with things like correct racing lines, slow in fast out being rewarded with the best lap times. Firemint even said that some basic slipstreaming is possible! :D

Personally, I'll get Real Racing as I like Sim racers (my fav is Gran Turismo) and i've been impressed by what i've seen/read so far. Besides, I already have several arcade racers for my Touch anyway. :rolleyes:

5. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    nfs will be amazing - in graphics, sounds.
    but real racing will be jest REAL RACING game. spirit.

6. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    Real racing!by far!

7. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    #27 THEDeliriumTrigger, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
    You guys make them out to be gods because theyve been involved with TA, whether they take your suggestions into mind or not.

And yes EA and Gameloft do not put out frequent updates. But what they DO do is put out games that crush 99% of the competition. They make quality games that dont necessiarily need to be updated, save for bug fixes, which are taken care of. You could argue that Sim City took too long to be updated, but noone knows what was on their plate at the time.

Yes

8. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Sorry don't want to flame but you're being incredibly naive. Firemint is not making the game so that you can lead a happy life and enjoy your iPhone/iPod. They are out for ONE thing and that is money. Firemint knows that a game with great physics will sell many copies and although they put a lot of work into the game, they did it to make money. The devs know that going on TA is good marketing and posting gameplay videos will convince people to buy so they did just that. I'm not trying to say that they are bad people; I'm just reminding you that Firemint is a business and the main goal of a business is to generate revenue which will hopefully turn into profit. That said, I'm buying Real Racing because I like realistic, physics based games, not because they have bigger hearts. I'm being a cynic about the money thing but it's the truth.

9. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    #29 randomdude, Apr 24, 2009
    I would get NFS just so that I can rub it in my friends face and RR(Real Racing for those that don't know what it is) for my personal racing and sim like racing. Also did Firemint downgrade the graphics for Real Racing because the vid was epic while the screen shot was meh or was it my eyes that decieving me? Also does Real Racing have any type of customination for the cars?

10. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    this is my biggest question aoslo... if it doesnt then....

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    You're not alone, it has been said many times and I also feel the graphics are downgraded yet previous video is still used by many people for reference.

If by customising cars you mean putting stickers on it, then I think you can't. It's more a sim game, so you can change many technical stuffs but not appearance.

+1
    Everyone is out to make money. Some in a good way, eg. working hard to make buyers happy in the process, some in a bad way, eg. lazily port a well-known game and stick an unreasonable price (Megaman, MGS).

12. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Since so many people are going with real racing, I'll be the devil's advocate and go with NFS. Althou RR looks wonderful, there is one (important) thing I don't like: the car models. Although they are all original, they seem quite monotonous and most look as if they came out of the 70's or 80's. Besides, I read the interview with the developers and they say there will be no kind of customization besides a few preset paint jobs. This might change with an update, but in the meantime, you are stuck with what you get.
    On the other hand, NFS will have incredible licensed cars and deliver solid graphics. I think it'll be hard to create a great simulation for the iphone, so I will stick an arcadey game.

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  14. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Well from that it's clear that they are both very different games.

Real racing is a race sim.
    NFS is very much an arcade racer.... it even seems like it assists your steering a bit.

Both look fun though i think and i'll end up getting both as they should both be very fun in their own ways.

My only worries about NFS is that it will hold your hand a bit too much.

15. themendoz

Apr 7, 2009
    Hey, do you think EA would lower the price on NFS eventually? I wouldn't mind waiting for it to drop.

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It's not even out yet and you're asking for a price drop? :eek:

17. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    it looks like most people on this forum want real racing.personally iprefere the arcade kind of racer. sim racing always seems a lot more boring to me. i'll wait and see some reviews before i buy either though.

18. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    from the looks of that video im gonna get nfs..

19. themendoz

Apr 7, 2009
    lol, blame the app store and the developers. 90% of the games I've bought have had some type of discount and most of those were at 99 cents. Unfortunately, I don't think I can wait for NFS to drop to 99 cents before I buy it.

20. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    #40 THEDeliriumTrigger, Apr 24, 2009
    Really? Ive always found that NFS games have awesome engines as far as arcade racers go, but its a new platform, so it will handle differently. Hopefully for the better, either way im psyched!

But from the 2vids, i know that i would enjoy NFS more, but honestly thats just what ive always liked.