Universal NHL 2K (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    How 'bout for Android?
    Also would like NBA 2K 15 for Android also! Sup wit dat?

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    2K, why can't I buy NBA 2K and NHL 2K in both Taiwan and Japan!?!?!? I am so upset, I was waiting for this one as I love the NHL but can't get it why!?!?!? Upset

3. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    As much as I love my ice hockey games this doesn't look a lot different to the original one from a few years ago - tempted but having a hard time justifying this one

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Guys whats the chances of this and NBA 2K being bundled once this one releases?

5. thetrackt

thetrackt Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    COME ON 11 P! Who has played this? Is it sweet?

6. tripleAs

tripleAs Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Can anybody confirm whether NHL 2k has controller support?

I hope its not like NBA 2k15 where it was supposed to have controller support...and then not actually have it at launch

7. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I'm definitely buying but based on those vids I'm not nearly as impressed as I thought I'd be. My hopes were really high after NBA 2K 15 but there doesn't appear to be any ability to change camera angles and the lack of commentary is simply sad. Sigh....

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I really want to buy this since I'm a big hockey fan but it really just doesn't look nice at all and the price is steep for what it is offering... I bet it goes on sale eventually so I might just wait it out

9. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Not sure how this plays, but Gameinformer magazine gave it a 5.5 for the consoles. Said you're better off keeping the old-gen versions of this game. Basically said it sucks big-time. I'm gonna wait before making any move on this one here!

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Think you are talking about NHL 15 by EA, this is made by 2K

11. crazycan98

crazycan98 Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    If you have an iPhone 6 wait for an update. The touch detection is nearly non-existant. I can't get into playing a game because I can't press the buttons in the bottom left or right corners

12. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Wow. Seems like very few of the amazing details from NBA 2K 15 made it to this. The My Player mode is nothing like NBA. No draft, no decision making, you can't even choose what you look like. I could live with that but seriously, NO commentary? That is just slack. The visuals are good but here again, they are nowhere near the quality of NBA 2k. The crowds are pretty much MIA as well. It's hockey so I will definitely be playing it quite a bit. However this could have been SO much better. Honestly this is depressing lol. My hopes were really high after playing an amazing basketball game this past week. Why is it that hockey almost always takes a back seat to nearly all other sports?

13. rockhount

rockhount Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Thanks for the swift feedback, certainly saved me some bucks!

14. kyllin

kyllin Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Agreed. Unplayable on my 6 plus. Waste of money.

15. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    What's up with 2K every game they release has horrible bugs nowadays.

16. tripleAs

tripleAs Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Agree that it is a bit of a letdown compared to the otherwise buggy NBA 2k15.

Happy that it has controller support but it is buggy when you get to the pause screen as it then won't respond to touch or controller sometimes.

MyCareer seems quite basic compared to the NBA game.

Still will keep playing cos its hockey and the only one in the App Store

17. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    This game is excellent! Sure, there's no commentary like NBA 2K15, but there is no lag either. Also, in runs at under 500MB, rather than 2.2 to 2.8 GB like NBA. Finally, you can actually play a whole game without draining your whole battery. In fact, it doesn't even heat up my 5s at all. One quarter of NBA 2K15 and you could cook in my iPhone! Also, the one touch controls are really good! I know the 2K11 was supposed to have one finger, but it didn't. They removed that feature from NBA 2K15, and I really miss it!

NBA 2K15 is a great game, as long as you are plugged in and have a fire extinguisher handy. This game is actually more playable, even if most of the bells and whistles are gone.

18. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    So, a breakdown of why it's a great game: Doesn't lag, small file size, doesn't drain battery, doesn't heat up 5S.

Do you have anything to say about...oh, I dont know....the game itself?

19. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #39 bigrand1, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    Wow! Embarrassingly, I stand corrected. Right you are! That's definitely a big 'oops'!:rolleyes:
    Well, maybe that's good and this might be worth getting---or not....

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    How does this one perform on a 4S with iOS7.1.2?