Night Whisper Lane Promo Code Contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by EPX, Oct 28, 2012.

1. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Idea one:When you walk along the road.When you touch the intrigue,It will release a lot of arrows from every where.
    Idea two:When you enter a room,you found some treagure.But if you touch it.It will release a cage from top and trapped people.
    My English is nor so good.Wish you could understand my meaning:p

2. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Game Developer @ EPX Games
    Canada
    nerdherd, I do understand your meaning. Got the idea's well. maybe to spice it up we could make the Cage have spikes in it, thus creating a Instant Death Fatality.

Thanks for your submission

3. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Here is a Quick update on all the Creative idea's we have collected so far:

bramblett05:
    Haven't played the game yet but a "naked girl in the shower" trap guy walks toward the room opens the door and 2 blades cut the body.

A mob of pissed off trick or treaters behind a door that eat the person alive.

supaman900s:
    So I did some research, and it appears the phrase "booby trap" comes from the meaning of the early Spanish word "booby" - meaning "stupid person, slow bird".

So the trap would consist of the player, seeing the silhouette of a naked woman (sorry to piggyback off previous poster) and naturly would become interested in this image - upon investigating, the silhouette is actually revealed to be a Cassowary (world most dangerous bird) - which then attacks the player, basically making it a pun on the word "booby trap" in that the player is ultimately injured (or killed) by a "slow bird" after being a "stupid person" for thinking there was actually a naked woman.

But even though the game already has a shower trap, I think it would be cool to do something that plays off of the meaning of the phrase.

Another thing that comes to mind when I think of "stupid person, slow bird" - would be, let's say there is a visible note taped to the back of the inside of a large commercial size oven, (or even an incinetator or furnace or some sort) upon investigating it - which would require the player to crawl into it, the player unknowingly pushes down on a lever and the oven/incinerator/furnace door is closed on them, and the oven is turned on, which then slowly cooks the player a la a slow cooked Thanksgiving turkey - "stupid person, now became a slow cooked bird"

The way to obtain the note without getting caught in the trap would be to first go around back off the oven and turn the gas valve to the oven off before entering it. Hope you like that one.

mrbiggles:
    trap 1 - bathroom...turn on the water by the sink activates a small beam of light you can see glowing from inside the bathroom mirror where your standing(a mirror-cabinet) that can open. If you open it to investigate the light depending on how your standing you'll get a shotgun blast the the head - the shotgun was hidden inside the cabinet with a clue if you live.

undeadcow:
    trap 2 - bathroom...if you open the lid of the toilet and spear comes through 2 trap doors, one behind the toilet tile wall, 2nd from floor in front. Why open, you can see something taped to the inside lid. standing to the side of the toilet and you might live another day.

Mysterious seemingly important key secretly contains a detonator for explosives hidden somewhere else in the house. If the player accepts the key and approaches the explosives then boom (without the key detonator the explosives are neutralized). However, the key also unlocks a valuable stash in a separate part of the house. What will come first death or riches? The key could have a cryptic warning message or not.

False welcome mat leads to pit of nails.

Doors lock behind you automatically when closed (imagine the movie Cube). ...or Door opening loads the trap which comes into play if the door is closed.

nerdherd:
    Idea one:When you walk along the road.When you touch the intrigue,It will release a lot of arrows from every where.
    Idea two:When you enter a room,you found some treasure. But if you touch it.It will release a cage from top and trapped people.

thanks again to bramblett05, supaman900s, mrbiggles, undeadcow, and nerdherd for your creative contributions.

we look forward to hearing more great ideas

4. supaman900s

supaman900s Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2012
    I love how active EPX is in the forum. I wish a winner was chosen each day, is it Wed yet?

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Here's another idea... players walk into a basement to hear the door slam behind them. Exploring the basement reveals to tunnel than opens to either a crypt with unclear exit. A small ray of light shines through a tiny hole in the corner... cue Raiders of the Lost Ark light ray reflection homage.

6. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    supaman900s, thanks. A winner each day is a great a idea maybe for the next contest. Its only Monday, the contest has only been running for the last 12 hours.

im really enjoying the feedback so far

7. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    undeadcow, thanks for another idea. I always thought of adding a passage into the basement that leads to a darker place. i gotta watch raiders of the lost ark to see the reflection.

thanks

8. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Anyone else got any creative idea's on creating a incident looking but deadly trap ?

voice your idea's for a chance to win a App Store Promo Code

Contest ends Wednesday October 31st at 12AM (Midnight) Eastern Time

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #29 bramblett05, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    How about a guy walks to the kitchen see jellybeans hits them then 5 minutes later it grows huge till he explodes and who says candy doesn't kill?

10. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    bramblett05, nice idea, but i would take out the kid and replace the kid with a adult.

here's a more twisted idea: you see a video game controller on the table, you touch it. it slowly starts vibrating, then it starts getting faster, faster and faster, until the controller finally blows up in your hands. [FATALITY]

hows that for twisted ?

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Pretty twisted. What about the arcade machine of death? Shocks you till you explode?

12. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    wow thats even better then my idea, and that will be a even bigger explosion.

i love the quote "Shocks you till you explode"

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Will these ever be in the game :) lol

14. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Honestly, Im really enjoying these creative ideas. I can see most of them being placed into Scenario's 2, 3 and 4.

Scenarios are like chapters, but each scenario will have its own story and endings.

In Scenario 1, we have two possible endings. a GOOD and a BAD ending

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Maybe have a room full of mirrors and if you look at them it shows your self killing you in some fashion. Or have a celling with spikes that come down fast and you have to make it out under certain time.

16. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    bramblett05,

the game is a 2D Survival Horror point and click game, there is no real 3D exploring. the rooms are rendered in 3D. I could have spikes falling down, and you need to find a way to escape the trap before the spikes fall down

There are many ideas i have planned for the next 3 scenarios. Im just hoping the game sells well so i can keep creating more scenarios.

The best thing, all scenarios are FREE. I've gotten positive responses from gamers for giving all scenario's for Free.

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    On well maybe the sequel could be 3d with even more deadly traps. Surprised not alot of people joined in.

18. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    true, theres always tomorrow. many people are worried about the weather, as they should be.

im off to get some sleep now, thanks again for the idea's so far

19. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    No problem yea I'm in Georgia and we are getting the tail end of the storm and its bad here hope everything turns out ok for the people in the storms.

20. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    i hope the storm starts to settle down. we are experiencing the storm in toronto canada. i can't imagine what its like in the states.