Night Whisper Lane Promo Code Contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by EPX, Oct 28, 2012.

1. choenc

choenc Member

Oct 29, 2012
    entry

you see a room with a first aid kit in it.
    you follow the survival guide posted and begin to use your first aid kit before entering the room because you don't want to die to a booby trap.
    but as you are using the first aid kit, you see the first aid kit in the room disappearing.
    it was simply a reflection of the first aid kit you had and so now you are down a first aid kit
    the booby trap would initiate when the reflection disappears, revealing a secret door
    you go in thinking that was the end of the trap and that there would only be something good left
    unfortunately it kills you with whatever method necessay

2. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Game Developer @ EPX Games
    Canada
    interested idea, I like the idea of somehow tricking the player and then leading them into a trap. I see the trap being a Instant Death type. would you be able to explain what the trap does to you ?

for example does it electrocute you, does it fall on top of you ?

3. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Ok people, we have just under 9 hours left in the contest.

We have received many great ideas. Post your creative thoughts and you could win a promo code for night whisper lane.

Thanks again to everyone who submitted their ideas.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    You stumble across a pair of totally rad 1990 Rebox (tm) The Pumps. Your mom could never afford to buy them for you; instead, you were forever shamed from having to wear off-brand ripoffs. Your heart beats rapidly as you gaze upon THE SHOES. The ones that would have put you on an NBA court; not screwing around in a spooky mansion that you will never own, thanks mom for crushing my dreams! Ahem. Their also worth a small fortune now, and you happen to be wearing shoes so worn out a nail would have no trouble piercing your foot.

You put them on. You pump one up. The perfect fit! Always the perfect fit!

You finish pumping up the second shoe. But it won't stop filling with air! You hit the release valve to no avail. You struggle to remove the first one, only to find that it too is inflating out of control.

Finally they stop inflating, but you still cant release the air! You can't feel your toes anymore. Your heel is getting numb. You have to walk like a flatfooted duck, slowing you down considerably.

If you can't get these damn shoes off, gangrene will begin to set in shortly...

dun. Dun. DUN!!!

If there are any typos, I apologize, I'm on my ipone.

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    If ya like where I'm going with this, I got a world of ideas involving snap bracelets and Z. Cavarrichis.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Don't forget moon boots

7. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Greyskull,

Very interesting idea. I never thought about shoes doing that to you. But it works :)

We can't use the pump shoes in game due to copyright. Maybe a different type or similar shoes could work.

Thanks for your submission

8. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    How's the weather there now? It's finally PERFECT here in Fort Lauderdale...60's at night, 70's during the day, not too much humidity, not raining. The cool weather seems to last for a shorter period of time each year though :(. And the summers, which I used to find tolerable at the least, are downright hellish now. 95+ with 90% humidity...I might as well be in the Amazon.

9. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    That didn't stop me from having a pair of Payless pump shoes...The Pumps were Reebok, but there were a whole lotta knock off brands...even Nike came out with pumpable shoes, so it must not be patented technology. That's why I called them Rebox ;)

In the game thread you mentioned that you were going for camp, that's what I was thinking :). Something cheezy enough to be in that Sega Cd game Nightrappers ;).

10. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Snap bracelets sound cool, what kind of twisted idea do you have for a fatality??

11. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    the weather is back to normal in canada, he had some crazy winds last night. no where near what the us had

12. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Night trappers is a cult classic, always that it was such a cool game when it first came out. too bad they never released a sequel to it.

the knocks idea could work well.

13. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    #53 EPX, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    3.5 HOURS TO GO !!!

submit for idea's for a chance to win :)

heck let's LEVEL UP the Contest......

if we receive ten new ideas from members who did not previously submit a idea, we will offer 8 Promo codes instead of the 5 Promo codes previously offered.

Winners will be posted here tomorrow, and you will receive the promo code via a private message.

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #54 Greyskull, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    You know what snap bracelets are, right? Well, being fashion forward can be dangerous. I remember back in the day gruesome tales involving the "good" snap bracelets, the ones with the metal band inside a fabric cover. Supposedly (could be urban legend...but who cares?), a few people had their wrists slit open due to the metal band. If you ever used a snap bracelet till it began to fall apart you know it was pretty sharp. Not sharp like a knife, but sharp enough, considering you slammed the thing on your wrist.

You might remember the "good" snap bracelets being replaced with crappy velcro covered ones filled with a flexible plastic; that was because SNAP BRACELETS SUICIDED PEOPLE!

EDIT: I asked about the weather because I thought I had read you were in Georgia. Well, how come you aren't with your fellow countrymen clogging my streets? ;). There's a city on the beach about a 30 minute drive south of me that hoists a giant maple leaf flag every autumn till spring.

Seriously. We get 2 MILLION Canadians every winter in South Florida. If you have any aquaintences in Quebec, please tell them to use their turn signals. Oh, and yes, they can make a right on red.

15. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    I actually owned a snap braclet, it was a teenage mutant ninja turtles one. they were so popular in the 90s.

you are right, i do remember it started to get harder and sharper once the plastic covering the metal started peeling away.

great idea

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm in Georgia grey

17. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    hows the weather in Georgia today??

18. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Just over 2 Hours to go, voice your idea's for a chance to win :)

we have had many great idea's so far. let's keep them coming in.

19. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Wind was bad last night worse then usual but its calm now. How is it up there?

20. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    thats good to hear. Its just cold today, other then that its normal weather in canada