Night Whisper Lane Promo Code Contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by EPX, Oct 28, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    We need a saw game on iOS it could be reasonable lol

2. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Game Developer @ EPX Games
    Canada
    I agree, but i don't think Saw 2 sold well on XBOX or on PS3. I own both of them on my PS3

Night Whisper Lane is quite similar to Saw in some ways.

3. supaman900s

supaman900s Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2012
    I'm in Rhode Island, we had a lot of trees down and power is still out in many cities (good thing we have a generator at our house!)

4. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Can a Generator provide power for up to two days??

5. supaman900s

Oct 4, 2012
    Might as well get in one last submission, okay so you enter a bathroom with a disgusting toilet, it looks very dirty and unsanitary, but you can see a faint shimmer in the bottom of the toilet bowl, leading you to believe a key for another locked door around the house could be what is at the bottom of the toilet, so you decide to reach in and grab it, but what you didn't realize is that there are many shards of glass also at bottom of toilet bowl (which would have been inpossible to know as its hard to see broken glass in water) - anyways, you obtain the key, but at the price of cutting open your hand and infecting it with an human waste type infection which reduces the players health 50%.

This booby trap would pay homage to the Silent Hill games (my all time favorite series - well 1-4) as many of them have "hand in toilet scenarios"

The solution to obtaining the key without getting hurt would be to use a piece of string (or hair found on a hair brush) tied to a magnet (both items which would be found in seperate places in the scenario - wait, are you able to combine items in this game?) which you would then use to fish out the key, which is also another homage to Silent Hill, as you had to combine a piece of hair with another object to obtain a key from a drain.

6. supaman900s

Oct 4, 2012
    Well ours has, it runs on propane gas.

7. supaman900s

Oct 4, 2012
    My girlfriend beat the first Saw game on PS3 - I bought it years ago and never got around to even playing it, she took it upon herself to get my money's worth out of it lol. Hey free trophies on my account, wasn't complaining.

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yes. I own a generator since we get :cough: real hurricanes down here. There are 2 main residential options. If you can spare 25 grand, you can buy a fixed, whole home generator that runs on natural gas and automatically kicks in when the power goes off. I think it's natural gas; a neigbor has one.

Or you can get a portable gasoline unit like I have. It lasts as long as your fuel supply, but won't power your entire house...though you can buy units with different power ratings...tr more power it generates, the more it costs, and the quicker you'll burn through fuel.

I forget how long the last hurricane induced blackout lasted, but it kept my fridge, PC, Phone charger, some fans, a microwave, a TV and a few lights going.

9. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    wow another great submission. The human waste could be never deadly, you might eventually die from a NASTY infection. who knows whats really in that toilet.

Night whisper lane doesn't have a combine items feature in it.

10. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    thanks for the info on generators, I think natural gas is cheaper then gasoline. 25k is steep, but at least it will be constant power when needed.

11. supaman900s

Oct 4, 2012
    :Cough: real hurricanes lol - something to be proud of I guess.

Anyways, I'm guessing we have the 25k variety as it runs off natural gas and kicked on right when the power went out.

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well, it's a big difference. As in 20+ grand versus 500 dollars and up. Mine was 800. And it's on wheels, so you can use it for other stuff. But the permanent ones do increase the value of your home; at least they do in South Florida. But I live in a condo anyway.

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Well I know in the first game you play Danny Glovers character but each ending he died which I don't see that as bad but some people I guess. Haven't heard anything on part 2 so guess it went under but I would get just to say its a saw game :)

14. supaman900s

Oct 4, 2012
    #74 supaman900s, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    EPX, when will you be announcing the winners?

EDIT: never mind, just read in other thread that you said winners will be posted Wed @ 5pm.

15. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    I still haven't finished the first game. spoiler alert.

16. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    I could post them as early as 2-3 PM.

Winners will be given codes via Private Message

17. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    I would like to thank everyone who submitted there ideas.

Im planning on running another contest like this one in the near future. So stay tuned.

18. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Don't you just hate waiting for work to end or even a contest to end?

well I'm going to make the winners day a bit better.

Im going to announce the winners in the Next Five (5) Minutes.

at 12:45 PM Eastern Time

19. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    The Winners & Winning Submissions

THE TOP 5 IDEA's

supaman900s:
    let's say there is a visible note taped to the back of the inside of a large commercial size oven, (or even an incinerator or furnace or some sort) upon investigating it - which would require the player to crawl into it, the player unknowingly pushes down on a lever and the oven/incinerator/furnace door is closed on them, and the oven is turned on, which then slowly cooks the player a la a slow cooked Thanksgiving turkey - "stupid person, now became a slow cooked bird"

PMbramblett05:
    have a celling with spikes that come down fast and you have to make it out under certain time. / What about the arcade machine of death? Shocks you till you explode

mrbiggles:
    if you open the lid of the toilet and spear comes through 2 trap doors, one behind the toilet tile wall, 2nd from floor in front. Why open, you can see something taped to the inside lid. Standing to the side of the toilet and you might live another day.

undeadcow:
    1. Mysterious seemingly important key secretly contains a detonator for explosives hidden somewhere else in the house. If the player accepts the key and approaches the explosives then boom (without the key detonator the explosives are neutralized). However, the key also unlocks a valuable stash in a separate part of the house. What will come first death or riches? The key could have a cryptic warning message or not.

Greyskull:
    1. You stumble across a pair of totally rad 1990 Rebox (tm) The Pumps. Your mom could never afford to buy them for you; instead, you were forever shamed from having to wear off-brand ripoffs. Your heart beats rapidly as you gaze upon THE SHOES. The ones that would have put you on an NBA court; not screwing around in a spooky mansion that you will never own, thanks mom for crushing my dreams! Ahem. Their also worth a small fortune now, and you happen to be wearing shoes so worn out a nail would have no trouble piercing your foot. You put them on. You pump one up. The perfect fit! Always the perfect fit! You finish pumping up the second shoe. But it won't stop filling with air! You hit the release valve to no avail. You struggle to remove the first one, only to find that it too is inflating out of control. Finally they stop inflating, but you still cant release the air! You can't feel your toes anymore. Your heel is getting numb. You have to walk like a flatfooted duck, slowing you down considerably. If you can't get these damn shoes off, gangrene will begin to set in shortly...

Now i noticed we had a total of 7 people you submitted Ideas, but we had a total of 19 Submissions. We didn't want everyone to go home empty handed so as a Halloween Gift the following users as got a FREE PROMO CODE

choenc:
    you see a room with a first aid kit in it. You follow the survival guide posted and begin to use your first aid kit before entering the room because you don't want to die to a booby trap. But as you are using the first aid kit, you see the first aid kit in the room disappearing.it was simply a reflection of the first aid kit you had and so now you are down a first aid kit the booby trap would initiate when the reflection disappears, revealing a secret door you go in thinking that was the end of the trap and that there would only be something good left unfortunately it kills you with whatever method necessary

Nerdherd:
    When you walk along the road. When you touch the intrigue, It will release a lot of arrows from every where.

Words from EPX GAMES:
    I would like to thank everyone for taking their time to submit their idea's into the Contest, We are very pleased with the submissions we received during the last 2 days.

If you enjoyed the game, We would love it if you could leave a review on Touch Arcade for Night Whisper Lane and help us get the word out on our first iOS Mature Survival Horror Game. If you have comments, suggestions or get lost in the game, please post in the games forum in the Night Whisper Lane Game post. We would love to hear from you on your thoughts on the game and also discuss the game on there.

We look forward to having another contest like this on touch arcade in the near future. The Codes will be sent within 5 minutes after this post.

Thanks again to everyone

EPX GAMES
    www.epxgames.com

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Top 5 ideas woot go me