Universal Nimble Quest - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 27, 2013.

1. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Probably already been said but this is very much like call of snakes.

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Its free. Try it

3. awrobinson

awrobinson Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    I always get sucked into Nimblebit's games. I am loving this so far! I saw earlier where some people were asking about the coin currency, and I can confirm that I just received one coin randomly after a kill. I assumed it would be this way as the Bux in TT/PP would show up occasionally.

4. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    #84 drloony, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    The game is fun enough until you hit the "wall". I wish they would of just put a price on the game and be done with it, the IAP prices in this game are crazy
    Edited

5. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    This is exactly what I was thinking ... Call of Snakes with a fantasy theme. I hope they got permission from Magic Cube, otherwise that's not cool.

6. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    #86 Fep52, Mar 28, 2013
    Yeah, the repetitive nature of the gameplay coupled with the grind, in the context of the price of the IAPs makes it a pretty disappointing game - in my opinion anyway. I invested in the 99c app to say thanks to NimbleBit for the fun I had with it but it's clearly not for me.

To those who are enjoying it, which seems to be the majority of you, support the devs by way of an IAP. Or don't, they're both fine choices :D

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    How do you join the guild?

8. Ratallideth

Ratallideth Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    When you unlock the arena, in the guild name, simply type "toucharcade"

9. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Could everyone stop comparing this game to "that other one", for 5 minutes? Just because they both have the same concept, doesn't mean one stole from the other. You could say that about anything, really. Does this mean EA should get permission from Activision because Battlefield is a modern-day shooter like CoD? No, it doesn't.

If all you're going to do is bash NimbleBit because this game is similar to another game, you should just leave the thread.

Back on topic:

Game is fun, the controls are responsive. I would have liked to see it paid and less grindy, but I'm fine with it being the way it is.

10. elgingo

elgingo Member

Nov 22, 2012
    It's funny how people are making a big deal about similarities between nimble quest and call of snakes.

Why doesnt everyone cry whenever a FarmVille type game comes out.

If games didn't take inspiration from eachother pretty much every popular game played today wouldn't exist.

Games like call of duty and street fighter wouldn't exist without castle wolfenstein and karate champ. In most cases whenever a new type of game comes into existence someone will come along and make it better.

Stop crying people this is how things work.

11. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Because we can't even be bothered to notice such junk.

12. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Surprisingly I prefer this to the pc demo

13. JamesLogan

JamesLogan New Member

Feb 14, 2013
    I am a big iPhone gamer I DL at least 2 or 3 games every Wednesday, I don't post or even come to the forums that much but I came to say WOW this is an awesome game! 1st great game of 2013.

14. metalmandave83

metalmandave83 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    +1

The game is challenging and fun.

15. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    #95 Vestid, Mar 28, 2013
    The Lord of the Roads is similar and IMO better. Check it out if you haven't before.

16. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Its a blast, who,do you use to lead the snake?

17. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Any answers in this?

18. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #98 Retro Nug, Mar 28, 2013
    Having a blast with this so far! I just joined up to the TA Guild (of course!). I haven't played that long yet but I kinda dig Gizmo and his bomb tossing. :D (it's also the name of my cat that recently passed away) :(

And this isn't the first great game of 2013. ONE of them but not the first! Rediculous Fishing and Indiana Stone, anybody?

Also, all of these comparisons to Call of Snakes or whatever is really irrelevant seeing as how the game SNAKE (which all these are based off) was made back in the 70s.

19. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Woot! Downloaded! Loved the demo, Im sure Ill love this too!

20. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    So don't buy any. There's plenty of game to enjoy without it. I did pay a dollar to unlock Hydra, but have unlocked all but one of the others, without buying anything else. It was rather hard to get past Depths I the first time, but get some levels on some characters and grab the health/attack boosts and it can be done. Forest/Graveyard II are easier than Depths I, and Sewers II isn't bad either.