Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    not sweet :(

sweet :D

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I haven't played Ocarina of Time in ages, so I'm eagerly anticipating this game. Looks as it was meant to be played (finally fluid framerate!)

3. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Am I missing something here? 99% of the 3DS pictures I've seen have been of a blue/teal model...

4. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    holy moly 250 for a handheld rather just have a console and iphone lol Plus you can always just get an N64 and Ocarina of time and some other classics for less than 250 but having it portable is a little tempting.

5. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Nintendo 3DS
    Launch Date: March 27th, 2011
    Colors Available: Aqua Black, Cosmo Black!!!
    Price: $249.99

Yeah black and black. Exactly my point.

6. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Thats beautiful and @Shaman; also ive seen many white iPhone pictures but, OH, most of them are black too.

7. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    LOL, my mistake. I erroneously wrote on the op "Aqua Black" but the real color is "Aqua Blue"

8. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS! Wow I just thought it was some kind of glossy maybe bluish black, thanks.

9. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    #70 Electric_Shaman, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
    Hijacking your Thanksgiving thread really annoyed you I guess?
    lulz

10. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    I lol'd.

I just saw some Kid Icarus game play and...I'm adding that to my list of justifications.

It looks like so much fun! Crazy amounts of it.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Do I sense a little sarcasm in the truth you speak? Speaking on very general terms, games with budgets > games with zero budget made by a 14 year-old school kid and a dev license paid for by his parents. There's no doubt 3DS games will be longer and deeper than the majority of iPhone games (which is mainly what justifies the price tag), because the 3DS isn't aiming at entertaining people during early-morning cigarette and coffee breaks.

12. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    This. Console quality iDevice games are still few and far between.

Plus, it's like paying for any premium branded product. Apple computers cost more. Branded clothing costs more. AAA games cost more.
    And I'm okay with paying more, even if it's only because I won't get to play Nintendo titles if I don't.

13. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I hate nintendo and think they are stupid so I could care less ;)

14. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Question: I dismissed this system right away after it was released, but I got some question.
    1). Does it have the same features as the DSi? (Camera, etc)
    2). Does the 3D actually work?
    3). Is the RAM and processor increased to play better games?

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Try doing that.

1. Well... camera seems to be the only thing you specified, and yes it has several. One front facing and two rear facing for 3D photos.

2. Yes, provided you're not playing at an angle (and why would you?) but you have to sort of "get into it" at first. After a few plays it should be second nature.

3. I don't think all the specifics have been released, but it should be safe to assume they are judging by the increase in graphical quality plus the extra power needed for the 3D effect.

16. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    This is just from memory so it might not be 100% accurate
    1) Has the same features, plus a bunch of new ones. There's two back cameras (for 3D effects or something), and one front facing. It comes with a web browser, some kind of notepad app, and can multi-task.

2) The 3D effects seem to have blown away most critics that have sampled it. Check out some previews for more depth, but the general consensus is that it does work, and it works very well; although it's still only based off minimal play time, so it'll be interesting to see how it fares in the long run, and if the novelty will wear off. It is at least comforting to know that Nintendo has been considering 3D tech for years, they even thought about implementing it on the GBA:SP, but have waited, and hopefully developed it to perfection.

3) As far as I know, nitty gritty details like that haven't been fully revealed yet.

Other noteworthy points are that it does have an accelerometer and a gyro, and the screen resolution has been increased. The worst thing I've heard about it is that the battery life is reduced to 3 - 5 hours of gaming for 3DS games, which is a bit of a shame, as I always loved the long battery life on Nintendo's recent portables; but it's by no means a deal breaker.

17. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
  18. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
  19. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio