Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Revelations, Snake Eater 3D, and Kid Icarus are my top 3DS games coming out right now. They all look amazing, especially Snake Eater. I even bought the Metal Gear HD Collection and I can't help but buy the game again because I love it so much. That probably doesn't make a lot of financial sense but if you're a Metal Gear fan, you probably understand.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  3. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    3DS was a disaster for me. Went out and spent £250 on one the day Zelda came out, had to take it back the next day because it was giving me horrendous headaches, and I didn't want to just play with the 3D off (come on, my phone has at least double it's resolution!)... A few months later when the price drop happened, I thought it'd be worth another try, but to have the 3D turned mostly down, and playing for 10 minutes at a time with breaks... Still terrible headaches! NOT a screen I can look at!

4. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #904 5duc29, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    Can you buy that separately? I have never joined the nintendo club... Is it like the Disney Rewards? If so, I have a bunch of nintendo wii games that I can possibly add to it.

((I guess I should check out the website before I ask too many questions :eek:))

EDIT: Cool just got 390 points. Don't have the pins to my Skyward Sword Collector's Edition and Mario 3D Land :/

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I went to the mall with my brother today so we stopped in gamestop. I decided not to bring my money because I didn't want to spend any of it. When we were looking around we spotted the circle pad pro... 3 days early. Without hesitation as fast as he could my brother called someone over for assistance and he was able to get one... during checkout they realized it was put out early and took the last one of the shelves but were nice enough to let my brother still buy it...

The one time i don't bring my money... :(

6. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    #906 Slapshot, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Just downloaded the RE: Revelations demo and wow. What a game. I played a little bit of RE 4 and some of RE 5 so I'm kind of new to the series but from what I played, damn this is brilliance. Feels like a cross between Dead Space and RE 5 with a little bit of the old school feel thrown in. I wish the demo wasn't so short though. Only lasts 10-15 minutes for me. Other than that I can't wait to pick this up Tuesday. Good job on Capcom for making a good Resident Evil game that doesn't suffer the "identity" crisis reviewers have been claiming.

7. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Lol wut?

8. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
  9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I think he was pointing out that you referred to Capcom as Konami.

Anyway, had this game for over a week now and totally love it! Beet the campaign on both Casual and Normal and now I'm going through Hell difficulty (appropriately named too).
    Also working through Raid Mode which has loads of content.

10. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    ah my bad, I must've been thinking of MGS Snake Eater at the time haha :eek: and by the way, how is Raid Mode? Do you think a lot of people will be on it?

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Raid Mode is cool. If you go back a page I have two seperate posts, one detailing Raid Mode. I've mostly been playing it solo though as I have horrid connection where I live.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #912 backtothis, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    A new 3DS is now only $149.99 now at GameStop, lol. Anyone in the US try out RE:R yet?

Anyone getting Tekken or Tales of Abyss next week? Definitely getting MGS Snake Eater the week after that (02/21).

13. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #913 ImNoSuperMan, Feb 8, 2012
    So, my son's b'day is in a couple of days and I was wondering if 3ds will be a good gift for him. Any good games for 6year old on 3ds? I'm not really sold on the 3ds though. How stupid Nintendo had to be to not include another thumbstick. The abysmal battery life doesn't help either.

His cousin got a PSP (old one, not the vita) last month and I surprisingly liked it. Mostly coz I'm a lil tired and bored of touchscreen gaming. If vita had launched last year (and had a good enough library of games to chose from), I'd have definitely grabbed that instead of 3ds. Maybe next year.

Or maybe a 360 with kinect? Damn I'm confused. Not considering iPad or iPod touch coz he's already getting one from my in-laws. He decided to wait for another month though so he could get the iPad 3 (I told him there'll be a newer better version if he waits for a month). Which also makes it more important for me to get him something on his bday itself instead of a promise of vita in a couple of months.

14. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011

I would get him the 360 + Kinect if I was in your shoes. More enjoyment for someone that age instead of a portable gaming system (which can easily get lost if he's allowed to take it out of the house, IMO).

15. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    I'm considering Tekken but I have to save all my money towards the Vita. And as for RE:R. My god do I love it, I've never been this hooked to a game on the 3DS before. There's so much to do in it. The graphics are amazing, 3D works great, the missions have a lot of variety and I'm liking the story so far. Not to mention that there's achievements that unlock more missions and the Raid Mode. So much content in one package it's insane.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sounds freaking awesome. Picking it up this weekend at GS when I visit home along with another a game for the 360 (Arkham City or UMvC3). I think I'm going to pass on everything else that comes out for the 3DS in Feb/Mar besides Snake Eater and Kid Icarus. Nothing else looks too amazing. Not really in the mood for another fighter on the 3DS after SSFIV and DoA. Tales of Abyss has pretty weak ratings so far too. I'll probably just wait for Heroes of Ruin by Square Enix in early April for my 3DS RPG.

17. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Just got the 3ds 18 game cartridges case. Nintendo is quick in shipping. Avatar 3d exclusive is in its fifth week :( Looks pretty awesome and there are four slip covers.

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I should have enough coins for it after this weekend! Definitely excited to get it. Right now, I just have 8 cartridges lying around since all my boxes are at home.

19. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #919 Fireball926, Feb 8, 2012
    First off the PSP is dead... There's no more games being made and even so most are probably much harder for him. The 3DS I would say excellent choice. Just pick him up mario kart and super mario land 3d He'll love you!:D The other part of it is that nintendo will probably launch an updated model later this year or next year. Most likely with dual analog sticks extra shoulder buttons and a larger battery and slimer design

20. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    #920 butterbean21, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    @Imnosuperman:

First off, let me tell you, I personally am a devoted Nintendo Fan-girl, and love ALL Things Nintendo, but I must say, the 3DS was a somewhat disappointing launch. No great launch titles, abysmal battery life, and the 3D perspective was very narrow with some of the launch titles... it seemed very flawed. (Now they have Mario Kart, and Mario 3D Land which is great, but they need some better software to make it a must buy!)

PS vita (after reading up on it) has a better battery life than 3DS, downloadable content, and graphics between PS2 and PS3, as well as touch screen on both back and front, as well as tilt controls. From what I hear, the touch screen is very responsive, and as good, if not better than the iPhone interface!

Even though I think the PSP was the most abysmal system ever released, and Sony really dropped the ball on it, I think the PS Vita looks promising if they deliver on the software, and with DL content, I think Sony will get it right this time.

So if you have the time to wait it out another week for the PS vita, which launches it's first bundle this week, I would suggest looking into that, as oppose to the PSP, which is definitely not worth anything more than it's weight in dust.